Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
big dawg

Drives: 2015 Subaru WRX 2015 Honda CRV
DILEMNA!

:seesaw: Do I wait who knows how long to get a factory order in (my local dealer is still waiting to pick up another allocation), or do I pull the trigger and buy early (and finance a whole heck of a lot more) from another dealer who has one on the lot? I'm going to the other dealer tomorrow to take a look-see and I know it's gonna take a lot of will power to say no. PLMK what you would do
big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
Nailn it

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Ashen Gray / Manual
Drive one home, enjoy it now. Winters comming, it's just a payment
Nailn it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
If you plan on putting it up for the winter, just order the one you want. No sense in making payments on a car just to sit. You have the time to play the order game now.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
If you plan on putting it up for the winter, just order the one you want. No sense in making payments on a car just to sit. You have the time to play the order game now.
PLUS 1
Why pay and not play ?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #5
JWR046

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1786
The window for driving these cars is getting pretty small now living in CT. I am thinking any dealer that has a ZL1 in stock would want to move it and give you a good deal! Take a look like I did. Ordered a 2013 and my dealer got in a 12 which was optioned like i wanted. I was bugging him to get my ordered car and he said buy the 12. He said he would make me a great deal so that was that no regrets. I would have waited but gets hard when that is on table.
JWR046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
my .02

order the one you want but don't order from a dealer that is waiting for an allocation. If you find a dealer that has an allocation for the next DOSP cycle and then they courtesy deliver it to your local dealer. you can have a car in 8-12 weeks.

Now if you just walk in an order from your local dealer then you run the risk of not even getting a car in the model year if they dont' have an allocation.

now if you can find an inventory car at supplier price or lower than buy one on the ground. supplier is about $300-500 blelow invoice.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #7
JWR046

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
my .02

order the one you want but don't order from a dealer that is waiting for an allocation. If you find a dealer that has an allocation for the next DOSP cycle and then they courtesy deliver it to your local dealer. you can have a car in 8-12 weeks.

Now if you just walk in an order from your local dealer then you run the risk of not even getting a car in the model year if they dont' have an allocation.

now if you can find an inventory car at supplier price or lower than buy one on the ground. supplier is about $300-500 blelow invoice.
Not sure you could even get one of these cars at invoice. There are a few people that have but invoice or supplier is setting a pretty high goal.

Now that being said.... I would think you could probably get one on the lot this winter(being in the northeast it is pretty damn cold and usually snowy) at invoice or better but buying it and letting it sit for several months before for you can drive it is almost as bad as waiting for an allocation.
JWR046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #8
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
I would order for a spring delivery.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:39 AM   #9
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
big dawg,
Check out the Quirk Chevrolet website. They are located in Braintree, Mass. Not that far of a drive from Ct. They had 3 last time I was there just a few weeks ago. They had a 2012 that I'm sure you could get well below dealer invoice. I ordered my 2013 and paid invoice. They are a Hugh dealership and move a lot of vehicles. Even the 2013's in the showroom I'm certain you can get below invoice. They know winter sales will be slow, real slow I imagine. Check'em out, they may have the color and options you are looking/thinking about. Cost nothing to look at the website, and when the "chat live" pops up, ask for Angela, she is the best and she will be straight up with you. Just the facts, no BS, and if they don't have anything on hand that you care for, she can check for allocation status/next window. Tell her Normagene recommended Quirk, she won't disappoint you. No BS and invoice price. If you have a GM credit card, be sure to use your points and get an even better deal.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:01 AM   #10
rpepka

Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 2195
Buy one now, you will drive yourself crazy waiting.
rpepka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #11
big dawg

Drives: 2015 Subaru WRX 2015 Honda CRV
Normagene: are you clairvoyant? because that's the one i'm interested in: #445. they told me it now has 21 miles on it, so it's been test-driven ... uggh, but i'll get over it. don't have a GM credit card, but i've already secured good terms thru my credit union. you are quite right: they emailed me a VERY good price - slightly below invoice. still haven't ruled out waiting on a factory order, but, like the old saying goes: a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush! will keep posting, thanks for everyone's feedback!
big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #12
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
big dawg, you lucky dawg. Just looked at the Quirk website, 445, inferno orange with the carbon fiber hood. Wow! What a beauty. I looked at her when I was there, and I think it has the micro suede pkg as well. I recommend you e-mail Angela, aangle@quirkcars.com. She's my point of contact their, and she is the best. She can answer any/all questions. The price they offered is a good starting point for your negotiations. Counter with something way below their offer. At least $1,000 less, and then meet somewhere that feels really good for you. My salesman, Ron Eby, I highly recommend. He's a no nonsense kind of guy, so ask for him, Angela is one of the "chat live" reps, she doesn't actually do the sales, but can help with any questions. Get a firm price before you drive up to look, why waste time, if you come up, come with check in hand. Have your deal all finalized and ready to go, all the numbers down to the penny. Then after you look the car over, you decide whether or not you're going to make the deal happen. It's your call, you can walk in the door and change your mind and say no thanks. But at least your in control and you have a firm price. Let them know you're coming all the way from Connecticut, so you're not just browsing, this is serious business and a serious amount of money. Gotta get the best deal possible. Quirk is a really good dealership. Two of my neighbors went to Quirk instead of the local dealership. Read their reviews on dealerrater.com. If its not asking for to much, let your salesman know I recommended them, they'll throw in a free service for me. Lastly, if you do decide to purchase, I'll be more than happy to possibly meet you there when you pickup you're new ZL1. I'll help you go over the car, your PDI, an extra set of eyes is always good. I was a nervous wreck and missed these two little bite marks in one of the tires. Nothing deep or anything, but had I noticed it there I would of negotiated the tire/rim warranty price even lower. Any questions feel free to ask, PM me if you want. Although it seems I just wrote an entire book, sorry I got so long winded. I'm very passionate about these cars. I just love my ZL1, The Devil's Nightmare, that's her name, even the devil's afraid of her!

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352044412.109720.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  174.8 KB

Good luck
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #13
JFWJR179

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by big dawg View Post
:seesaw: Do I wait who knows how long to get a factory order in (my local dealer is still waiting to pick up another allocation), or do I pull the trigger and buy early (and finance a whole heck of a lot more) from another dealer who has one on the lot? I'm going to the other dealer tomorrow to take a look-see and I know it's gonna take a lot of will power to say no. PLMK what you would do
I understand your dilemma.
I have been waiting for my 2013 ZL1 vert to be built since 07/31/2012
I considered buying one from another dealer's inventory, but the car
I found had the front license plate bracket installed already
So I decided , since I really don't need it right now, and winter is approaching in CT anyway, I will wait for the exact car that I ordered.

Besides, an inventory ZL1 has probably had dozens of strangers sitting in it, touching it etc.
JFWJR179 is offline   Reply With Quote