Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-25-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
rObOtOm3000

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
For USB thumbdriver users - save your USB connector

Hi everyone. My first post! I have a 2SS and use a USB thumbdrive for my MP3s. But with all the junk in my center console, I was worried that it could break off the USB connector on the drive or the car - bad news either way. The solution: I found right-angle USB cables from NTC distributing that are perfect. The 4 in. UH2-AAR02-04 fits perfectly and now I have a little more space and no worries about damaged connectors. The link is;

http://ntcdistributing.com/products/usb-angled-a.htm

BTW - I do not work for NTC or any of its partners. Just wanted to share a simple solution to a potential problem.
rObOtOm3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
jxmot

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rObOtOm3000 View Post
Hi everyone. My first post! I have a 2SS and use a USB thumbdrive for my MP3s. But with all the junk in my center console, I was worried that it could break off the USB connector on the drive or the car - bad news either way. The solution: I found right-angle USB cables from NTC distributing that are perfect. The 4 in. UH2-AAR02-04 fits perfectly and now I have a little more space and no worries about damaged connectors. The link is;

http://ntcdistributing.com/products/usb-angled-a.htm

BTW - I do not work for NTC or any of its partners. Just wanted to share a simple solution to a potential problem.
Good work! I've saved the link cause the right angle connector is a better way to go. I've been using a short USB extension cable that had come with a bluetooth dongle. It's ok, but it does stick out. Thanks for the link!
Old 09-25-2009, 03:01 PM   #3
LightningSS

Drives: WAS '10 SS IBM, NOW '14 BRM ZL1
I originally was going to do the 90 degree too, until I saw this thread (goto post #34):

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32145

4G works like a charm...
LightningSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
AhX

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM\IOM
Search The Ebay for something like this. I got mine from hong kong and it works great but theres on from CA up there now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/EagleTec-NanoSac...d=p3286.c0.m14
AhX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
I have one of these ($8.97 @ Fry's) and it allows me to fold my normal size usb drive up at an angle into the corner of the back wall of the storage area.

Belkin Flexible A-A M/F USB Adapter

I also bought a couple of these for $9.99 each from Target. When inserted into the USB port, they only stick out about 1/2 an inch. I haven't decided yet if I want to swap these out for my normal size USB drive since the normal one holds twice as much (8GB vs. 4GB). I suppose I could just buy a larger MicroSD card and use that in this micro USB adapter instead.

Dane-Elec 4GB 3-in-1 Micro SD Card Bundle - Black
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2009, 11:10 PM   #6
thebrainhart

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM LS3 A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningSS View Post
I originally was going to do the 90 degree too, until I saw this thread (goto post #34):

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32145

4G works like a charm...
Thats what I have too. Works perfectly!
Barely sticks out past the power outlet cover
Attached Images

Some ProCharger, Alky, CompCams, Brian Tooley, Holley, Livernois, K&N, Ridetech, DSS, Kooks, JDP Motorsports, Pfadt, BMR, Prothane, Weld, M&H, Mickey Thompson, RKSport, Elite, Garys, Defenderworx, Anvil, etc.
thebrainhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:54 PM   #7
nessa131
Nessa131

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS IBM
ok so I have a SD card reader that has the USB that pops out--- If I just put my songs on the SD card then pop it into the reader then into my car--- should it work? Thanks!
nessa131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:53 PM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrainhart View Post
Thats what I have too. Works perfectly!
Barely sticks out past the power outlet cover
I got one on ebay as well, but I was fortunite to find a 8 gig one, more than enough room for me.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:44 AM   #9
thebrainhart

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM LS3 A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nessa131 View Post
ok so I have a SD card reader that has the USB that pops out--- If I just put my songs on the SD card then pop it into the reader then into my car--- should it work? Thanks!
I would think it would work perftectly, thats basically all the tiny one that I have is, has a 8gb micro sd card, in a reader, as seen above.
Some ProCharger, Alky, CompCams, Brian Tooley, Holley, Livernois, K&N, Ridetech, DSS, Kooks, JDP Motorsports, Pfadt, BMR, Prothane, Weld, M&H, Mickey Thompson, RKSport, Elite, Garys, Defenderworx, Anvil, etc.
thebrainhart is offline   Reply With Quote