Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 12-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Mid-Ohio Sportscar Course open Track Time

PLEASE READ THE LAST FEW POSTS OF THIS THREAD. IT IS BEING UPDATED WITH DATES FROM A COUPLE PEOPLE THAT WE ARE GOING TO, OR THAT ARE AVAILABLE.
ALSO, POST UP IF YOU ARE GOING TO ONE OF THEM SO WE CAN TRY AND BE THERE TOGETHER OR AT LEAST LOOK OUT FOR OTHERS THERE

So, Mid-Ohio has now got a open track time in the evening on the folllowing dates.
Wednesday, September 18
Thursday, October 10
They have set these up like other tracks have done and how they run their motorcycle track days. They have 3 separate classes based on experience and courses completed.
You can read more here: http://www.midohio.com/School/Course...pen-Track-Time

The time is for (3) 20 minute sessions for $195.

If I get help organizing this and we get enough cars, I might be able to get a date where we have the track longer, but will most likely cost a little more as well.

Last edited by TLSTWIN; 08-27-2013 at 08:45 AM.
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Good luck, im trying to get some people to show up at Laguna Seca this March for the hookedondriving track day.We need more people that actually want to drive their cars on the track.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Good luck, im trying to get some people to show up at Laguna Seca this March for the hookedondriving track day.We need more people that actually want to drive their cars on the track.
I know, don't get me started

I had to go to several different sites to get people. (G8's, GTO's, corvette's, etc.)

I have just come to the point to talk to a few freinds, organize a day that works for us and then let other people know what we are doing if they want to join us.

If you weren't so far away I would be there, I would love to do that track. If I am ever out that way with the car, I will do my best to hit that track.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Me too would love to do mid ohio
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:12 PM   #5
tomster
RedLine

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
ok, i have organized two track classes before for mid-ohio, but really have no time to organize and plan a HPDE class.

So, Mid-Ohio has now got a open track time in the evening on the folllowing dates.

Thursday, April 25
Wednesday, May 22
Wednesday, June 12
Thursday, July 25
Thursday, August 22
Wednesday, September 18
Thursday, October 10
They have set these up like other tracks have done and how they run their motorcycle track days. They have 3 separate classes based on experience and courses completed.
You can read more here: http://www.midohio.com/School/Course...pen-Track-Time

The time is for (3) 20 minute sessions for $195.

If I get help organizing this and we get enough cars, I might be able to get a date where we have the track longer, but will most likely cost a little more as well.
Count me in! The august date isnt going to be good im sure as they have nationwide and indy 200 in august. I would probley try to stay away from that month.... april still may be pretty wet... Im local and if people are in I could organise a lunch and nice cruse down the curvey roads around mohigan find some nice spots for pics and then cruse to the track...???

tomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #6
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomster View Post
Count me in! The august date isnt going to be good im sure as they have nationwide and indy 200 in august. I would probley try to stay away from that month.... april still may be pretty wet... Im local and if people are in I could organise a lunch and nice cruse down the curvey roads around mohigan find some nice spots for pics and then cruse to the track...???

cool, I'll be in touch. Last track track day at mid-ohio rained all day. It wasn't all about top speed, but it was cool to see how well the stock tires did on the wet pavement.

Then when I was up at Gingerman, it was wet all morning. It gave me a chance to learn the track and the lines.

August willl most likely be out for sure because of C5F4 at Indy again in the beginning of the month.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #7
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
I will be keeping my eye on this.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #8
BrazenBeast
ZL1 #1745

Drives: 2006 Pontiac GTO \ 2012 ZL1
I'd be interested. September, October would be better for me.
2012 zl1 Black #1745 Black Wheels ECF Suede 6 spd

BrazenBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #9
Jim968

Drives: 2018 2SS
My Camaro is my DD, but I want to give it a light workout on track and this sounds like a good opportunity. Also, if you end up organizing a more formal HPDE I would be able to instruct if the date works.
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #10
TLSTWIN

Good news

I just heard from the guys from Mid-Ohio. I have to follow up on Thursday with another guy.

It sounds like we will possibly be able to get the whole place to ourselves again if we get 20 or so people and have it for about 5hrs instead of three. Depending on how many different groups we have 2 or 3 it will mean more track time.

We will have to pick a day that is not already on the calender, that I listed above. I won't know what day we can choose from until I follow up on Thursday.

I need everyone interested to hit up all their friends that might want to join in.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:43 AM   #11
tomster
RedLine

I talked with a local camaro (all gen's) club and so far there are 2 very interested people...
Old 01-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #12
tomster
RedLine

Any info on a date? I have 5-6 local non forum members very intrested. Would like to give them a date and start some planing. I will be at the track a couple of times in april running with a couple of local porsche clubs. I will try to find out as much info as i can while i am their
Old 01-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #13
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomster View Post
Any info on a date? I have 5-6 local non forum members very intrested. Would like to give them a date and start some planing. I will be at the track a couple of times in april running with a couple of local porsche clubs. I will try to find out as much info as i can while i am their
No, sorry.. been busy with becoming a grandpa an working tons of hours.

I should be able to make the call next week.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #14
amerimuscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
Anything in ohio between February and November count me in ! And ill track her til she runs out of fuel
amerimuscle is offline   Reply With Quote