Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-28-2010, 01:56 AM   #57
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackZbandit View Post
I agree... but it's always fun. The real point of my original post was to see if I was the only one that thought it was strange that Ford fanboys and couch racers are putting the GT500 ahead of the Z/28 when we already have a very close analog in the CTS-V that (marginally) outperforms the GT500.
got some referances for that comparison? i've been curious about that match up...
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:08 AM   #58
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
To me, the biggest problem with the GT500 is it's looks. It's butt ugly! HP isn't going to fix that!
Old 07-28-2010, 02:29 AM   #59
bolteon593

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInMoscow View Post
To me, the biggest problem with the GT500 is it's looks. It's butt ugly! HP isn't going to fix that!
luckily, that's a matter of opinion... ;-) (i will admit though, i'm still getting used to the rear on mine)
Old 07-28-2010, 04:11 AM   #60
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
got some referances for that comparison? i've been curious about that match up...
Besides tons of reviews online that consistently give the auto CTS V 3.9 second 0-60 and the GT500 4.1 - 4.4 I found this forum response on www.teamshelby.com:

pro's and cons goes both ways.... Engine the LSA stock makesgreat numbers....but so to does the plasma arched technology 5.4
WASH Stock

Performance The CTS-V post best numbers when left in auto sport Mode...no paddle siftter or six speed.
The Shelby Has to be driven right...
advantage CTS-V

Coolness Factor, Touchy subject. the V is clean has a tough stance , powerbulge
creashed lines.....triple black really looks awesome. The Shelby is the supercool car we all
wished we had When we graduated collage the ultimate Mustang!

No advantage to either.

Interior and Usability. no contsest with the CTS-V is on par with M3 and M5

Cost. well another touchy subject.a fully optioned Shelby touches the base + one or 2 optioned Cts-v
Your paying for a name.... as far as resale.... i say give it time...when the market realizes i can h
ave a 4 door luxury car with awesome performance....a family man might choose this c
car because of its overall ability and funtionality....Not just because its a Shelby

I think lastly....... you and your buds are going to the country club....they drive up in Masseratti's JaguarsXFR, M5, Amgs....
aren't you out of place...but still cool...in a Mustang even if its made of gold?????

The Cts-v passes under tha radar, yet the SHelby is brash.....don't cut anyone off.....cause you'll be easy to find.

You guys are dogging a car that chocked the world at the Ring...the ultimate test of a car. and it was an auto with no paddles
shifting.....the video shows it.

Why not do this....give a nod of respect to the cat in the V....he could have easily bought your Shelby....but the CTS-v rocks.....period...from Audio, to Nav, to the 40 gig electronics. has a real usable trucnk and can carry an easy 4 full sized adults. Its faster in auto hence more consistant

Yes is fast and with the right touches , debadging the CTS-v logo tinted and in black with that awesome front upper and lower grill
the powerbulge aluminum hood. those 6 pot bremo's hiding beneath a well set of wheals/ also a nice set of aftermarket blackouts make the V even more intimidating..to those in the know.

Americas made its muscle car glalore.....some spectacular some not so much. But they are as AMerican as Apple pie

Now we have a car/ Sedan that can post sub 8 minute times at the ring....has Chevy's#2 engine... Does not too much like a cts....no way no how

but i guess some poeple think a striped moded mustang GT could be a SHelby too........Basically those in the know . know! That the V on the sides and back......means business.

Is it Better.....Yes and No.......but it is classy. it does turns heads, and you feel like a millionair with a rockect just under your right foot.
and its America's first effort to combat the M's and Amgs and othe hipo luxiry sedans.....and walla first time out it trumps them in the performance dept.....Remeber the Ring is not a 1/4 race....its a total test of power/ suspension and brakes.
an Amazing feet. Even if Shelby managed a 2 door win ....how long has therr been shelby GT500

As far as i'm concerned they are tops in different areana's Both deserve respect from the other..

and the guy who mentioned the Zr1....a Zo6 with NON runflats runs quicker 0-60 and even 1/4 mile ...because it can put its measly 505/ 470 down... That a fact. i own one of those too.

think about this..do yu think the guy in a XF-R jag give a hoot about some muscle car.......but he sweets in his expensive Armani...when a V is nest to him.....knowing what the V is , Damn unless your dead the V has beed on almost every cover of every car magazine ..multiple times.

all i ask is to really look at it......boy racer aside and ask yourself...... ifi were picking up my wife a new girlfriend, or other professionals

would i be more or less embarrased with my Shelby. ( yeah i know it for you, you don't care what people think ect ect. lone wolf stuff)

Also there will be far less V's than Shelby's before Cafe axes them all. Look in the selling sections ,,,many many GT500's very few V's...because the people don't tire of them.

upper and lower pulley headers /intske and a tune......and my buddies car feels as if (ifit had littlewings) it would taake off. No shifting required.
and the shift algorythems are spot on,,,almost intuitive....and hold till redline....you just haave to touch 3 bottons...and its 2 cars in one.

Sorry for the long post..

also sorry for the one hit wonder... Carrol is a good ole boy.... but hey are using his name.. the car was made by some Indian dude....India.

If you think for ONE second i don' absolutely love my 11 GT500 YOU ARE WRONG.

sometme brash and kick ass is necesary. My only mistake was to get the SS then HPE it......warrantte kinda blows. and even though
its a md max machine....doesn't have the presence of a 556 hp Caddilac. CTS-v....
and that is a final opinion.

Yes i mispell alot @ 5 am...

Be well.! and Don't let johnny law catch you

****Thanks to Silver Streak for the pic I used to make this sig****
blackZbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:29 AM   #61
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I can see it now:

GT500 FTW because GM stinks for not putting a shortblock in the car that will support 700+ horsepower! DUH! Didn't you know that that's all that matters? It doesn't matter that all the power in the world doesn't matter unless you can use it.

Silly Camaro owners... pft :bangdesk:

It looks like we managed to pull more 'Stang boys out of the Vs Section...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:07 AM   #62
Sleestack

Drives: '07 SRT8 SuperBee, '09 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
What are you bsing?

The Super Pack you can have installed on your 2011 GT500 at a Ford dealership ups the rating to 660hp and you retain your warranty.

My friend had the Super Pack installed on his 2010 GT500. The car put down 585rwhp. For 2010 they rated the Super Pack installed GT500 at 605hp. just a slight underrating.

For 2011 they rate it at 660hp.

They will offer a supercharger package for the 5.0s also. And you can still keep your warranty. I don't know what the rating will be with the pack though. Probably 500-550ish hp.
Correct about the TVS Upgrade and warranty if installed by a Ford dealer. The nice thing is that the install is just a few hours of shop time, so the cost is kept in the reasonable range. I will let you know how it works out.....
Old 07-28-2010, 10:41 AM   #63
bolteon593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
What are you bsing?

The Super Pack you can have installed on your 2011 GT500 at a Ford dealership ups the rating to 660hp and you retain your warranty.

My friend had the Super Pack installed on his 2010 GT500. The car put down 585rwhp. For 2010 they rated the Super Pack installed GT500 at 605hp. just a slight underrating.

For 2011 they rate it at 660hp.

They will offer a supercharger package for the 5.0s also. And you can still keep your warranty. I don't know what the rating will be with the pack though. Probably 500-550ish hp.
pardon my french, but holy shit...

how is that even needed? i can barely keep from just burning out to the place i'm going in the shelby, how on earth can another 110hp help?

(i'm guessing at the track/strip would be the major use)

pretty sweet that you can have that installed and still keep the standard warranty.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:50 AM   #64
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
I am hoping GM will offer performance options for the Z28 like Ford does with the GT500.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:23 AM   #65
Sax1031

Here is the dyno from my friend's GT500 with the Super Pack installed.

He did change the pulley after the upgrade though.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:27 AM   #66
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:29 AM   #67
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
All I know is the Z28 has got to put down better numbers than GT500. Otherwise, why bother?

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #68
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
I think the good thing is that we will find out. I am thinking that if the Z/28 doesn't have any less weight, then the nod will have to go to the GT500 all around. We just won't know though until it is out and real tests can be done.

Either way, I wouldn't really view either car as a looser and would want both in my stable

It looks like they will be able to obtain 650rwhp / 650rwtq pretty easy on the Z/28 since that is what pulley changes and a different cam has gotten at a well known tuner in the area on a CTS-V..

Crowley
Old 07-28-2010, 11:39 AM   #69
Sax1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

It looks like they will be able to obtain 650rwhp / 650rwtq pretty easy on the Z/28 since that is what pulley changes and a different cam has gotten at a well known tuner in the area on a CTS-V..

Crowley
Pretty impressive.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #70
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
GM will fail if the Z isnt equal too or surpasses the GT500