Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
vfrider

Drives: 2012 2ss/rs mt
Chassis upgrade help

I have a 2012 SS, which has the fe4 suspension package. I want to upgrade the chassis of the car, without changing the springs, dampers, or sway bars, as I actually really like the way the car rides and handles, and I have the gfx kit and I'm not trying to tear off the front splitter on a speed bump or pothole anytime soon. I'm looking at getting into changing out as many bushings as I can and maybe some control arms and braces, to take as much flex out of the chassis as possible, to let the stock suspension function better than ever. I'm just curious about what others' experiences with the different companies have been. I'm looking at pfadt and pedders and wanted to know if anyone knew of any glaring differences between the two companies in terms of build quality or overall design superiority. Are the pedders subframe inserts functionally the same as the pfadt solid subframe bushings? Does anyone know if any of the site vendors have good deals? I've seen that pfadt has a few package deals but if you're buying control arms and ties, it seems like the bushing packages are redundant. Would anyone be interested in a group buy? Thanks for your input.
vfrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
If you are going to change out a bunch of bushings, you WILL change how the car rides. Changing over to Polyurethane Bushings will make the suspension feel stiffer, especially going over any bumps. It won't be quite as "cushy" as the stock suspension. Some people (like myself) like it, some others don't like it. Besides bushings, other commonly replaced items are the rear trailing arms and toe rods. And no, subframe inserts (of any brand) will not function as well as the solid pieces. But again, if you like the way your car rides now, you may not want to go with solid subframe bushings, the inserts will still allow a little softer ride. As far as brand, it really doesn't matter, Pfadt, Pedders, or BMR all make excellent products and are all top-notch companies. I usually try to buy my stuff through Apex Chase here on the forum....superb customer service!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bushings, group buy, suspension