Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #113
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
Everyday I see the refresh I like it more. This car is amazing. The most capable and collectible Camaro ever built.

Oh,I forgot. because racecar.
So are you going to get one?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #114
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffstar View Post
Scott,
I celebrated my three years of 1LT ownership today by putting on an aftermarket exhaust. Even though, as I am sure many on this forum will be quick to point out, I have a "lowly" V6, a day does not go by that I don't have permagrin.

I truly mean I celebrated three years of ownership. Thank you to you and the Camaro team for being true to the brand and bringing this vehicle to existence. I have never enjoyed owning/driving a car this much.

I am extremely excited to see the next generation move to Lansing. I have lived here since 1968 and I can't wait. My GM friends have big shoes to fill, but will do you proud and keep the Camaro faith.

Great job and keep it up. Thank you for all you do!
Griffstar -- I'm delighted that you continue to suffer a severe case of "Perma-grin!"

You use the term "lowly V6" and I understand perhaps why you do because some people make you feel that way. Pay no attention to them!

The V6 with a manual transmission is one GREAT ride to toss on a road course.... and let's not forget that it sports 323 horsepower - the SS in 2002 was 325 - whodathunk?

Here's to many many more miles of smiles!
Old 03-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #115
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
Engineering is awesome but as for those hideous taillights, you say 69 Camaro? I say not at all you made them so they could be used in Europe. They are more remanisant of 200sx or a prelude or..... My point is they are not Camaro and they are ugly. Some have said see them in person and they'll grow on you. I say if they have to grow on you well then you never liked them in the first place.
I was one of the many the hated the mailslot, so much so when I order the 2010 I got an RS . Looks after all what Attracts me first to a car. Design is key. Then I look into the engineering. The b pillar was not on the original concept a and I still hate it. It could've been produced that way just like the vert.
It is interesting though to see how many people wanted to draw and quarter the design team, but will now blow smoke up your butt ans say you guys are the best I don't know you and you may very well be a nice guy, but the tail lights weren't for us they were for the ease of selling to a broader market, and they still suck. That being said if I could order a z28 with 2013 tail lights I would tomorrow.

So.........you're an automotive engineer?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #116
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Well I gave the car a "like " with the blurry pics, Front end looks great , Taillights not so much , That in itself would not stop me from buying this great looking Camaro, Looks better than any of it competitors , Great thing is THEY LISTEN TO US CAMARO OWNERS!!! And if i were a betting man the 6th gen will go back to the old style taillights They are not going to change it for the short time left in this 5th gen. But since we have a voice ,We as Camaro enthusiasts / Owners can gracefully let the team know what the most important people there are Us the consumers who plunk down our hard earned cash want for future generations .They will listen so be honest but do so without hurling insults. I for one will be much more careful and think before i type ,so my concerns might be addressed . Keep up the good work Team Camaro , And thanks for letting us know we have a voice Scott.
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:22 PM   #117
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
I said I go by looks first then the engineering.
That's your comeback? Almost as bad as the tail lights. Lol
Old 03-30-2013, 09:26 PM   #118
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS S/C NicKey #55
Said best in one sentence..."It’s the best time EVER to be a Camaro Enthusiast."

Thanks to all of the Camaro Team for making that sentence a reality.

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250743
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #119
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
I totally understood the Z/28 before Scott's post and am happy to see it back and with the true track prowess it should possess. Great post and insight for those who didn't understand before. If I was to buy a Camaro next year, I would still choose the ZL1 for what my purpose is, daily driver, weekend canyon carver and occasional trackday/drag strip fun

The ZL1 already destroyed nearly every car they threw it up against at last year's VIR Lighting Lap, and I can't wait to see what the Z/28 does!

2012 ZL1 Coupe (M6) #80 (SOLD)

2007 Ducati 1098 (SOLD)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Track/Race Only )
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #120
Oh Wise and Esteemed One

Drives: Camaros
Quote:
Engineering is awesome but as for those hideous taillights, you say 69 Camaro? I say not at all you made them so they could be used in Europe. They are more remanisant of 200sx or a prelude or..... My point is they are not Camaro and they are ugly. Some have said see them in person and they'll grow on you. I say if they have to grow on you well then you never liked them in the first place.
I was one of the many the hated the mailslot, so much so when I order the 2010 I got an RS . Looks after all what Attracts me first to a car. Design is key. Then I look into the engineering. The b pillar was not on the original concept a and I still hate it. It could've been produced that way just like the vert.
It is interesting though to see how many people wanted to draw and quarter the design team, but will now blow smoke up your butt ans say you guys are the best I don't know you and you may very well be a nice guy, but the tail lights weren't for us they were for the ease of selling to a broader market, and they still suck. That being said if I could order a z28 with 2013 tail lights I would tomorrow.
The word you use. "Suck"

I'm not sure that everyone on this site knows what that means, but if you would like to demonstrate it, perhaps someone would watch.
Oh Wise and Esteemed One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #121
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer21 View Post
Scott, I mean you no disrespect. But being a retired GM Engineering veteran of over 30 years and having bought a brand new 1973 Z28 in 1973 at 19 years old I can,'t hold back my opinion. When I first saw the 1968 Camaro I was a huge fan at 15 years old. I had to have a Camaro. I am now 59, soon to be 60 and through the years I watched the Camaro grow uglier and uglier with every change. This was partly because GM would cut funding half way into a design change and ruin the recipe. I watched it with the Oldsmobile Cutlass too. It was horrible to watch great cars ruined by bean counters instead of creative designers.

The reason the 5th generation Camaro was such a great success was all the input by the Focus team. They were not invited this time. How quickly GM forgets. The front of the car isn't that bad but the rear didn't get much thought at all. There are a lot of people on here that has "the Emperor's new clothes" syndrome. Just because you say everyone put in hard work in this redesign doesn't make it not suck. Those taillights are a big fail. They wrap around and are not flat like the 69'. They look like sedan taillights. Cheap at that and only the SS gets LEDs. Not modern in any way and they don't look at all like the 69's. It wasn't until the 4th generation did GM finally start making the Camaro look better after nearly twenty years of ugly designs. Then what, they stopped making them.

I can't believe that only two people besides me has the nuts to tell you the truth. Hence the Emperor's new clothes syndrome. Just because you say " we tried really hard," people feel bad that they insulted you so they are kissing your behind. Don't take it personal. The car has some good attributes but also has some bad ones. That's life.

I am in the process of buying a 2013 Camaro. I had a 2010 Camaro. I loved it. I won't be buying a redesigned new one until the 6th Generation comes out. Hopefully there will be real peoples input in that one.
My thoughts exactly. Amen.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:35 PM   #122
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Thank you Scott and thank all of team Camaro for me. The car you all have given us is perfection. You have made a dream I thought had died in 2002 come true for me. I have loved Camaro since I was 4 years old and the 3rd gens were new. It hurt watching the camaro die off in 2002. I never thought I'd ever get to own a brand new Camaro. But here it is, back and better than ever and sitting in my driveway. You have given us not only the mighty ZL1 but a Z/28 truly worthy of the moniker. The car is outstanding and i am thankful GM has an amazing team that loves this car as much as I do. Thank you for breathing life back into an enthusiasts dream.

It's not only the best time to be an enthusiast, it's also the best time to be a GM technician. can't wait to call dibs on the first z/28 PDI that comes in.
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #123
fbodfather

Quote:
I said I go by looks first then the engineering.
That's your comeback? Almost as bad as the tail lights. Lol

I asked because you made a few declarations. Those declarations were, for the most part, false. The "B" pillar has been discussed ad nauseum for the past 4 years.

You are certainly entitled to your opinions. That does not mean that everyone else agrees - - just as they don't agree with me or the rest of the team.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #124
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Nice read, not a fan of the Z/28, my giant plump a:;: needs a nice ZL1 seat to sit in. I appreciate your post, sorry you have to put up with the nasty comments. But some are who they are.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #125
sexybeast=Camaro5thgen

Drives: camaro 2013 1lt
fbodfather refresh is great I just wish the front wasn't narrow so you can see more of led halo rings I always thought they are great but Camaro 5th gen will always be the best and most beautiful !! just that narrow grill lol !!
sexybeast=Camaro5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #126
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePick06 View Post
I totally understood the Z/28 before Scott's post and am happy to see it back and with the true track prowess it should possess. Great post and insight for those who didn't understand before. If I was to buy a Camaro next year, I would still choose the ZL1 for what my purpose is, daily driver, weekend canyon carver and occasional trackday/drag strip fun

The ZL1 already destroyed nearly every car they threw it up against at last year's VIR Lighting Lap, and I can't wait to see what the Z/28 does!
..better than the ZL1 by about three seconds around Milford...amazing.