Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-08-2017, 03:00 PM   #15
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
My thoughts exactly.
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 04:08 PM   #16
Diesel22

Drives: 2014 lt1rs
Does anyone have a video or sound clip of this so called whine it makes?
Diesel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:16 PM   #17
bpal11

Drives: Victory Red 2011 Camaro 1LT
Do you have a tune set for the 80 mm throttle body? If not, the erratic idle and stalling out is due to more airflow conflicting with the stock tune.

Overkill actually says you need a tune for this throttle body and if you do not you may stall out. I've had the same experience. The computer will learn after a while, but the car will not be running perfect again until a tune is added.

As for the whistle, air must be getting out somewhere so either it's too loose or over tightened
bpal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:55 AM   #18
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
Will has stated that the whine is normal unless constant throughout the entire RPM range. Mine still does it but only under certain load/rpm conditions. Not 100% constant. Ive learned to live with it.
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 04:02 PM   #19
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpal11 View Post
Do you have a tune set for the 80 mm throttle body? If not, the erratic idle and stalling out is due to more airflow conflicting with the stock tune.

Overkill actually says you need a tune for this throttle body and if you do not you may stall out. I've had the same experience. The computer will learn after a while, but the car will not be running perfect again until a tune is added.

As for the whistle, air must be getting out somewhere so either it's too loose or over tightened
I believe Will has stated, to the best of my knowlage, that no tuning is needed for the 80mm TB that he is providing. Yes , his tune would be beneficial to getting more out of the 80 mm OK. TB. ,but it is not a nesessity. I've had my 80 for over one year now and have never had my car stall ever. After about one week and 175 miles or so there was no problems whatsoever. I do not have the Overkill tune or a dyno tune either. I have even ported out my 80mm 10 days or so ago and again, have had zero problems. I have started a thread about it called K.C.'s Ported 80 MM Overkill throttlebody. I have heard of one person, Camerytt, who had issues with his dyno tune and had some unresolved problems and returned the 80 to Overkill and Will refunded his money one hundred percent. This 'whistling' issue sounds like an installment problem.

Last edited by Kenny Camaro; 04-12-2017 at 04:12 PM.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:25 PM   #20
bpal11

Drives: Victory Red 2011 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
I believe Will has stated, to the best of my knowlage, that no tuning is needed for the 80mm TB that he is providing. Yes , his tune would be beneficial to getting more out of the 80 mm OK. TB. ,but it is not a nesessity. I've had my 80 for over one year now and have never had my car stall ever. After about one week and 175 miles or so there was no problems whatsoever. I do not have the Overkill tune or a dyno tune either. I have even ported out my 80mm 10 days or so ago and again, have had zero problems. I have started a thread about it called K.C.'s Ported 80 MM Overkill throttlebody. I have heard of one person, Camerytt, who had issues with his dyno tune and had some unresolved problems and returned the 80 to Overkill and Will refunded his money one hundred percent. This 'whistling' issue sounds like an installment problem.

Oh okay I know I had problems with my previous car after installing a bigger throttle body. The description for the LLT overkill throttle body says a tune is needed on the overkill website

Af dynamic CAI, Vmax ported TB and Iceolator, BBK LT headers, Pypes Catback, Vitesse Throttle Control
Tints all around, 6th gen style fender emblems
bpal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 04:14 PM   #21
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpal11 View Post
Oh okay I know I had problems with my previous car after installing a bigger throttle body. The description for the LLT overkill throttle body says a tune is needed on the overkill website
Well, I am unfamiliar with the LTT model and the 80's use with it. You maybe absolutely correct. I am speaking of my personal experience with the Overkill 80mm throttlebody in my 2013 LFX. Had nothing more than a fast, slightly rough idle and setting the cruise control at 60 and have it run at 63. All that ceased after about a week. Good luck on figuring out your issue.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:59 PM   #22
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
For the 80mm TB on the LLT a tune is required. Or it'll "idle" at redline.
LFX - no tune is required.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:55 PM   #23
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
For the 80mm TB on the LLT a tune is required. Or it'll "idle" at redline.
LFX - no tune is required.
All right nasty! Bring The knowlage. Thanks!
Old 04-15-2017, 12:42 AM   #24
Jazzzed

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
Yikes.
Jazzzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:27 AM   #25
ShadowYYZ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT Deep Magenta
Glad op got problem solved, do any of you folks got a link or where to buy the PB? I would so want more power on throttle.
ShadowYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:55 AM   #26
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowYYZ View Post
Glad op got problem solved, do any of you folks got a link or where to buy the PB? I would so want more power on throttle.
The 'PB'?