Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-19-2013, 06:54 AM   #99
OPP

Drives: 2018 MBM ZL1 Auto
MyLink sucks!

Adding my problems with MyLink:
1. It is SLOW. To get to one of my playlists on the iPod, it takes me the time it takes to get to my destination. Everytime I choose another playlist, I have to go back and activate the shuffle again.
2. The fan speed display sometimes gets "stuck" even if I change the manual dial.
3. I can't save my "favorite" phone numbers by voice command like I did on my 2012 SS. Now I have to say the complete name of the person and it will automatically call home and not the mobile phone. I have had to now use my iphone to call the person I want to call because MyLink doesn't let me call the person's mobile phone.
4. Sometimes the MyLink wont recognize the ipod even if it was already connected. I have to disconnect it and connect it again.
Summary: MyLink needs a faster processor and a software upgrade. It sucks, period. GM, please help us! Amen.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #100
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
When you say the persons name say Home or Mobile after it, it will pick the right number. I think that worked for me but would have to try it again.

I'm having all the same issues that have been listed above, slow to sync up with ipod, doesn't always recognize the device in the usb port, I hit answer for my iphone and it doesn't cut off the audio and transfer to the phone, etc.
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #101
OPP

Drives: 2018 MBM ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinlow View Post
When you say the persons name say Home or Mobile after it, it will pick the right number. I think that worked for me but would have to try it again.

I'm having all the same issues that have been listed above, slow to sync up with ipod, doesn't always recognize the device in the usb port, I hit answer for my iphone and it doesn't cut off the audio and transfer to the phone, etc.
It will not wait for me to say home or mobile. It will cut me off and say "calling blah blah home".

And did I mention MyLink is Slooooowwwww? 19th century speed in the 21st century. It's like if a mouse is inside the radio using an abacus!
Old 09-19-2013, 09:02 AM   #102
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Could everyone who's having issues post what their MyLink version is?

That way I know what code to look through.
This is my update screen:
Attached Images

2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #103
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hello flyinlow,

I see that you have been experiencing these technical issues for quite some time now. I would be happy to schedule an appointment for you at your local dealership to help get to the bottom of this. You may send a private message at any time with your name, address, phone number, VIN, vehicle mileage, name of preferred dealership, and convenient appointment time for you. I look forward to assisting toward a resolution. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #104
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Could everyone who's having issues post what their MyLink version is?

That way I know what code to look through.
How do we access that info?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #105
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
How do we access that info?

Config - Radio Settings - Version History
Old 09-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #106
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Same problems as other. Way too slow, doesn't recognize iPod, takes forever to index etc.

Was told by my dealer that no update is yet available.

Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #107
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Attached Images

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #108
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 09-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #109
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Slowness has always been a complaint and won't be fixed by software.

Indexing "issues" have also been covered. Indexing speed varies by device.

And in regards to mp3 players such as iPods, some models work well and others do not. This is an iPod ios/firmware issue as much as a MyLink issue.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #110
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello flyinlow,

I see that you have been experiencing these technical issues for quite some time now. I would be happy to schedule an appointment for you at your local dealership to help get to the bottom of this. You may send a private message at any time with your name, address, phone number, VIN, vehicle mileage, name of preferred dealership, and convenient appointment time for you. I look forward to assisting toward a resolution. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
With all due respect, I'm a technologist by career and have a degree in Electronics engineering. With all of the same complaints here, taking the car in to have it looked at is a waste of my time. It has the latest software version, there is nothing more the dealership is going to be able to do. I know you're trying to help, but this is pointless. What you need to do is get this thread as feedback to Chevrolet and get it to the right engineers so they can start analyzing it.

This reminds of the issues that the 2005 Corvette with the manual transmissions had (of which I owned one). You had to put the car in reverse when you shut it off, this was their first time with a start/stop button and they had to do this to convince the DOT that the car was shut off. For two years, manual transmission owners would complain that occasionally they would come out to the car after two days and the car was completely dead. It happened to me about twice a year. They finally put a recorder on several cars that were having the issue and finally found the problem, it was in the BCM (body control module). They made a software update to it and the problem was eliminated.

Same thing needs to happen here, they need to spend a few hours in a car having the issues so they can see what's happening. My Ipod connection is religious, I can predict when I'm skipping through songs which song it will get to where it will hold playing that song and will take forever to skip to the next song. 98% of the time when I get in the car I have to unplug the ipod from the USB connection and plug it back in to get the car to recognize it. Its predictable, as I suspect most of the other guys problems listed in this thread are predictable as well.

Reminds me of another issue that happened with the 2006 Yamaha FJR motorcycle. Some guys were having issues with the bike at altitude, stalling, jerking, bike wouldn't go when you give it throttle. Some guys weren't having an issue. So one guy in Washington did some testing. He road up the mountain at a brisk pace, no issues. Then he would ride up the mountain at a leisurely pace and after some altitude change, he would have issues. This information got to Yamaha, they started researching it and found the problem. The engineers had taken the barometric pressure sensor off the bike for 2006 and were using the MAP sensor to read pressure. When they looked at the programming, they discovered that they weren't resampling from the pressure sensor unless you moved the throttle more than a quarter turn (hence the difference between a leisurely ride and a brisk ride). They found their issue, changed the programming and problem eliminated.

I know this was a little long winded, but I hope everyone understands that trips to the dealership are not going to solve this problem and will just waste everyone's time. The engineers at GM have to test, find the issue and fix the programming. No software release is ever perfect, especially a new system like this. They have work to do, plain and simple.

Have an engineer come out to the Twin Cities and he can spend the day with me and I can show him. I have multiple Ipods (classic, touch, nano, iphone) and it happens with every one of them. They all have the latest OS version on them, so its not Apple.

I'm not upset about having the issues, I know they can be fixed but they need to spend the time to do it. And, they also need to acknowledge it to their customers that they are aware of the issue and are working on it.
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #111
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
Slowness has always been a complaint and won't be fixed by software.

Indexing "issues" have also been covered. Indexing speed varies by device.

And in regards to mp3 players such as iPods, some models work well and others do not. This is an iPod ios/firmware issue as much as a MyLink issue.
You are right. Indexing in the iPod takes 5 minutes, about 10-15 minutes less that any other device.

I'm not bashing, when I took delivery of my '10, 4+ years ago it had the same issues. I'm not asking for the world, I would just like the thing to work like it does in other GM models, or at least half as good as an aftermarket device that costs half as much.

It sucks when you don't want to listen to the music you want to listen to because you can't.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #112
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
We appreciate the feedback, flyinlow! I have documented your concern. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
With all due respect, I'm a technologist by career and have a degree in Electronics engineering. With all of the same complaints here, taking the car in to have it looked at is a waste of my time. It has the latest software version, there is nothing more the dealership is going to be able to do. I know you're trying to help, but this is pointless. What you need to do is get this thread as feedback to Chevrolet and get it to the right engineers so they can start analyzing it.

This reminds of the issues that the 2005 Corvette with the manual transmissions had (of which I owned one). You had to put the car in reverse when you shut it off, this was their first time with a start/stop button and they had to do this to convince the DOT that the car was shut off. For two years, manual transmission owners would complain that occasionally they would come out to the car after two days and the car was completely dead. It happened to me about twice a year. They finally put a recorder on several cars that were having the issue and finally found the problem, it was in the BCM (body control module). They made a software update to it and the problem was eliminated.

Same thing needs to happen here, they need to spend a few hours in a car having the issues so they can see what's happening. My Ipod connection is religious, I can predict when I'm skipping through songs which song it will get to where it will hold playing that song and will take forever to skip to the next song. 98% of the time when I get in the car I have to unplug the ipod from the USB connection and plug it back in to get the car to recognize it. Its predictable, as I suspect most of the other guys problems listed in this thread are predictable as well.

Reminds me of another issue that happened with the 2006 Yamaha FJR motorcycle. Some guys were having issues with the bike at altitude, stalling, jerking, bike wouldn't go when you give it throttle. Some guys weren't having an issue. So one guy in Washington did some testing. He road up the mountain at a brisk pace, no issues. Then he would ride up the mountain at a leisurely pace and after some altitude change, he would have issues. This information got to Yamaha, they started researching it and found the problem. The engineers had taken the barometric pressure sensor off the bike for 2006 and were using the MAP sensor to read pressure. When they looked at the programming, they discovered that they weren't resampling from the pressure sensor unless you moved the throttle more than a quarter turn (hence the difference between a leisurely ride and a brisk ride). They found their issue, changed the programming and problem eliminated.

I know this was a little long winded, but I hope everyone understands that trips to the dealership are not going to solve this problem and will just waste everyone's time. The engineers at GM have to test, find the issue and fix the programming. No software release is ever perfect, especially a new system like this. They have work to do, plain and simple.

Have an engineer come out to the Twin Cities and he can spend the day with me and I can show him. I have multiple Ipods (classic, touch, nano, iphone) and it happens with every one of them. They all have the latest OS version on them, so its not Apple.

I'm not upset about having the issues, I know they can be fixed but they need to spend the time to do it. And, they also need to acknowledge it to their customers that they are aware of the issue and are working on it.
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote