Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 10-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #71
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Drives: 68' & 70' Pontiac's /2004 D. Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Eric View Post
I think your asking how many "Coupes" a dealer has to sell before they get any 'verts? Well the dealers allocation is based not only on Coupe sales but also Mustang "vert sales in the area and Overall 'vert sales in your area. ie... Texas is the largest volume 'Vert sales in the union, Texas is the largest volume Camaro state in the union, and Texas is the largest volume mustang 'vert sales in the union, so Texas will receive the largest allocations... Now exactly how many is still being calculated. but initial #'s look to be about 1/3 or 1/2 of the dealers initial coupe allocation... I hope you are confused now... because I think that's what GM wants
"Hack, cough", oh the misery of a bad bug .
SS-Eric: thx for your response, yea that's what I've though, didn't know a bought the Mustang verts, I thought/figured it would be Corvette verts tho (?)...., yea way confused "!" , way to go GM !, is it possible that if a dealer sales 15-20 coupes, they'll get 2-3 verts ?
I talked to Camaro Scotty, he tells me your the best shot/closest dealer to me, for me to get the vert I want, specially if my dealer doesn't get many or any at all, I was going to put a down payment, but I've preferred to wait now, to have more money as a down payment, and get the best deal possible !, plus I need to get my financial respectability's to be at its greatest/best to get what I want.

The all new Convertible !, Welcome to the Fleet !
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:57 AM   #72
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
I talked to Camaro Scotty, he tells me your the best shot/closest dealer to me, for me to get the vert I want, specially if my dealer doesn't get many or any at all, I was going to put a down payment, but I've preferred to wait now, to have more money as a down payment, and get the best deal possible !, plus I need to get my financial respectability's to be at its greatest/best to get what I want.
If I weren't in the business - I'd buy from him!

You can always put a SMALL DP down, and ADD to it while the car is in process, and still have a GREAT PLACE in the waiting game!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #73
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
If I weren't in the business - I'd buy from him!

You can always put a SMALL DP down, and ADD to it while the car is in process, and still have a GREAT PLACE in the waiting game!
Thx Camaro Scotty,
I'll keep that in mind, I'll take that to heart too, for I have heard your one of the best in the business (!), you come highly recommended, that's the reason I spoke with you the other day !
SS-Eric; you have some great friend's here (PONY & Camaro Scotty) they speak highly of you !, I am for one am glad I've gotten the chance to talked to the both of you and hope to possibly buy my vert from, but I need to be better suited to make the commitment, hence the reason to get my financial responsibility's in order, when I place my order/buying !, witch I'm trying to do...., so I'll try to keep tabs on this as I never know what happens from one day to the next.... & hope that's okay ?

The all new convertible !, Welcome to the fleet !
Old 10-22-2010, 10:11 AM   #74
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
Hotrodhoodrat,

From a consumer standpoint, while I've not received my 'vert from Eric yet (obviously) Scotty sent me to him rather than just snagging another sale for himself, which speaks well for both of them. Only downside is you don't get Scotty's secret gift pack he gives to his own Camaro sales. Eric.....hmmm how about a little Rudy's BBQ and some good old fashioned Texas swag for your own kit?

Mmmmmmm Rudys.....

Tib
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:18 AM   #75
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Hotrodhoodrat,

From a consumer standpoint, while I've not received my 'vert from Eric yet (obviously) Scotty sent me to him rather than just snagging another sale for himself, which speaks well for both of them. Only downside is you don't get Scotty's secret gift pack he gives to his own Camaro sales. Eric.....hmmm how about a little Rudy's BBQ and some good old fashioned Texas swag for your own kit?

Mmmmmmm Rudys.....

Tib
+1
Old 10-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #76
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Yep, still Sick
I talked to my dealer here local, he thinks they might get one or two, but won't budge on it coming out till the spring of 2012, I told him he needs to join C5/5GO forums to get the latest updates, I dough it though, he walked away from me when I told him I'm saving my money for a good down payment, I hate it when he does that, like he doesn't want to talk to me until I'm ready to talk cash , I don't think I'll buy my Camaro from him, my wife doesn't agree, she thinks he's mad because I know more than he does, she tells me to give him a break tho,....
Oh my dealer might think the verts for the Camaro will be just like the Corvette verts ?, we shall soon see..

Old 10-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #77
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
Oh my dealer might think the verts for the Camaro will be just like the Corvette verts ?, we shall soon see..

Unfortunantly, I have heard from a reliable source that the top will NOT be an automatic hard boot type I hope this is a "misdirection tactic", but have a feeling it's probably not. It still looks as though it is MUCH better than the mustang vert (Nice job GM) and the aftermarket jobs.

Been away a couple days marrying off a son but doesn't look like I've missed too much information.
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #78
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
Cant wait to see one!!
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:18 AM   #79
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
Unfortunantly, I have heard from a reliable source that the top will NOT be an automatic hard boot type I hope this is a "misdirection tactic", but have a feeling it's probably not. It still looks as though it is MUCH better than the mustang vert (Nice job GM) and the aftermarket jobs.

Been away a couple days marrying off a son but doesn't look like I've missed too much information.
Congrats on the son's marriage , now its time for gran kids ?, he he he..
Man that's going to bight, if were not getting a automatic hard boot type, I looked at one while we were their & looked killer in my thoughts , but I have faith you guys at GM will do something killer regardless !

Pincoin:

+
Million
Old 10-25-2010, 09:29 AM   #80
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Unfortunately it's the little things that matter when they put out a car like this. The top should be top of the line (pun intended) otherwise why bother? Now rumors of a 2012 power bump and the already leaked interior improvement....it's like GM's saying "Please don't buy our convertible when it comes out!"

Why?
Old 10-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #81
pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Unfortunately it's the little things that matter when they put out a car like this. The top should be top of the line (pun intended) otherwise why bother? Now rumors of a 2012 power bump and the already leaked interior improvement....it's like GM's saying "Please don't buy our convertible when it comes out!"

Why?
Just happened too see a VW EOS hardtop vert this AM and got me thinking. GM stated multiple reasons for NOT putting on a hardtop and I fully agree with many of the points, and I personally do not like the look of the seams going across the roof; IMHO) However, if not a hardtop, make the Ragtop as perfect as possible, e.g. automatic hardboot cover and good interior insulation, like on the BMW vert(If people don't know what I'm talking about, I'll try to post video).

I like the Camaro Vert looks with the top up and with the top down (as in the NM edition/GM release pics). It's just how we are getting from point A to B that matters. As stated before, maybe it is a autoboot, and GM is just using diversionary tactics in the rumor mill.

As far as the "power bump"; I test drove a V6 couple weeks ago, and when I put my foot into it, I was damned surprised. Not really needing any more power for me, but just WANT the SS. Believe it or not, I still have NOT driven a SS. :(
Old 10-27-2010, 03:38 PM   #82
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

I agree for the most part Pony, a well implemented soft top is something I can accept, for this class of vehicle. I'm not buying a Lexus/BMS/Infiniti, etc.....I'm buying a GM with all that comes with it and a Camaro in particular....not a vette, not even a Cadillac.

That said a poorly implemented (read pain in the arse) soft top will REALLY take away my enjoyment of the car and especially for my wife, who doesn't like to mess with difficult things (she BARELY puts up with me!) and will just leave the top up.

In today's world, there'd NO reason not to have the process as easy and automated as possible.....none but laziness and lack of pride in their product.

Here's hoping GM isn't going that direction.

Tib
Old 10-27-2010, 06:32 PM   #83
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
I think that the camaro's soft top will operate similar to this below seeing as how gm initially contracted a premium convertible company from europe to make the top for our camaro. I know that the company went bankrupt but the work would still have been done on the design and operations even if it's going to be produced by a different company for production. GM did say it was going to be a premium top in both looks and function.

Plus the hard tonneau cover with it's cut lines is a tip off to the type of top operation on the camaro from gm's official release photo.

http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content...images_001.jpg

http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content...images_002.jpg

Look at the cut line that outlines the hard tonneau cover especially on N.M. version photo.
Attached Images

Old 10-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #84
pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
I think that the camaro's soft top will operate similar to this below seeing as how gm initially contracted a premium convertible company from europe to make the top for our camaro. I know that the company went bankrupt but the work would still have been done on the design and operations even if it's going to be produced by a different company for production. GM did say it was going to be a premium top in both looks and function.
This is EXACTLY how the 2011 Camaro top SHOULD operate. Hope, pray, wish, beg...whatever your right!!