Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
dmiotti

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
Tire Pressure Monitoring System

I have had problems with the Tire Pressure Monitoring System for the past 4 months. This is what's happening. It starts with the left rear tire. It shows "--" instead of the pressure. After a day or so the other tires show the same. Sometimes it comes back to show the proper pressure, sometimes it doesn't. The first time I brought the car in for service, they said they replaced the module. A few days later the same problem occured. The second time I brought it in they said that they had to sync it. A few days later the problem came back. Now I am scheduled to bring the car in for service again. I did not have any flat tires or under pressure issues to cause this and all tires/wheels are stock. All tires are at 36psi and it still happens.

Anyone have any idea of what might be causing this? I'm getting tired of having to bring it in for service on a monthly basis.
dmiotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
MustangKiller

Drives: 2013 2ss/rs A6 yellow !!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiotti View Post
I have had problems with the Tire Pressure Monitoring System for the past 4 months. This is what's happening. It starts with the left rear tire. It shows "--" instead of the pressure. After a day or so the other tires show the same. Sometimes it comes back to show the proper pressure, sometimes it doesn't. The first time I brought the car in for service, they said they replaced the module. A few days later the same problem occured. The second time I brought it in they said that they had to sync it. A few days later the problem came back. Now I am scheduled to bring the car in for service again. I did not have any flat tires or under pressure issues to cause this and all tires/wheels are stock. All tires are at 36psi and it still happens.

Anyone have any idea of what might be causing this? I'm getting tired of having to bring it in for service on a monthly basis.
hmmm how weired im having the same issue wigh my left rear.....seems too do it when there is atleast a 2 psi change
MustangKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
dmiotti

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
I may have found the issue. BTW... I also began having FM reception problems. I think these problems were linked. I tapped into the power outlet in the console for my car DVR. It used a 12V to 5V transformer which was placed just under the dash by the radio. I suspect that the cheap China made transformer was emitting RF signals that interferred with the Tire Pressure Monitoring system and the radio reception. I unplugged the transformer and both are working fine now. Thought I would post this for those that have been having strange issues like this.
dmiotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #4
Darkweasel

Drives: 2011 LS Camaro
A dash in place of a psi reading usually means the car lost communication with the sensor. Simplest thing to try is the tire relearn procedure in the manual. This will match each of the sensors to the corners of the car (ex. the right front sensor will show up as the right front in the DIC) so you'll know which sensor is malfunctioning. The dealer could have possibly changed the wrong sensor if they weren't matched to the correct tires, like if the car showed the right front was bad when it was really the sensor in the left rear.
Darkweasel is offline   Reply With Quote