Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-11-2009, 10:54 PM   #1
dect

Drives: None
Few Questions I would like answered.

As a long lover of Mustangs I have finally set my eyes on a Camaro. I am officialy inlove It is faster, cheaper better looking and more bad ass than anything that the mustang has to offer. So, I am new and pardon my ignorance on this subject.

I am 16, yea getting a Camaro SO this will be my first car. But, do I have to order the car now or will I have to wait for new ones to come out? I am wanting a SS model or maybe the Black Concept? Now I am just brainstorming today as to what colors I want what specs and everything but I need a few questions answered first.

Also, how long will I have to wait if I order something like the black concept or a 1SS?

Last, colors. I know everyone asks and I'm sure it's just a feel thing but what color would be best in your opinion? Wait. Why am I asking you guys?:P It's different for everyone. I am leaning towards the CGM or black or Yellow, a lot people dislike yellow though:(. Can I get stripes from the manufacturer, or do I need to get them one by someone else?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and sorry for my ignorance

Last edited by dect; 01-11-2009 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Title
dect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Welcome to Camaro5. I'm glad you like the Camaro.

You do know that you can't get an SS for under 30k, right? Technically...it's not cheaper than the Mustang.

Anyways, you can't get the BLACK concept. Because it's just a concept car, and won't be going into production as far as we know. It's just for show.

Your wait will depend on how the dealer's allocation etc is filled, and/or handled. Only the dealer can answer that question.

I'm probably gonna get Silver. But choose what you like. The Camaro doesn't look bad in any color. and yes, the dealer/factory can install stripes for you when you order -- you just need to tell them.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
You can order a Camaro right now if you want, but production doesn't begin until March, at which time, production of V6 Camaros will begin in order for every Chevrolet dealer to have a Camaro on the lot in order for people (like you!) to sit in, test drive, fiddle with, whatever, to see if you really are interested in one. Once these V6 Camaros are finished, production will begin on pre-ordered Camaros, for example, the Camaros that many people on this site have already ordered.

The Black Concept, unfortunately, is just that. A concept. However, you CAN build your own Black concept with aftermarket parts as well as a few Chevy accessories such as the Ground Effects Kit for the Camaro. The only thing you can't have is the red halo lights, as those are illegal.

Nobody really knows at this point how long you'll have to wait for a 1SS. There's a very complex system of allocations and production schedules. From what I know, the 10,000 pre-ordered Camaros should be finished and delivered by around October of this year, so yours will most likely arrive sometime afterwards.

Colors are up to you! There's a wide range of colors for you to choose from, a LOT of people here including myself are partial to CGM. Black would look great as well, except for the fact that you'd have to clean it constantly to keep it looking good.

Stripes are available both through the factory and dealership, I believe. There's a few different stripe packages available.

And welcome to the site! I hope you'll find the answers to your questions here.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #4
dect

Thank you for the swift answers. Price range is not a huge deal for me. But, once again me being ignorant. What are the models that have V8?

Ouch, October+ for SS?
Old 01-11-2009, 11:06 PM   #5
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by dect View Post
Thank you for the swift answers. Price range is not a huge deal for me. But, once again me being ignorant. What are the models that have V8?

Ouch, October+ for SS?
V8s are available on 1SS and 2SS models. There are two V8 engines, the 6.2L LS3 V8 out of the Corvette, and the 6.2L L99 V8 with AFM. If you get a manual transmission, you'll get the LS3, and the L99 with an automatic.

It's possible that you'll have to wait that long. Like I said, we're really not sure.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:06 PM   #6
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:

Ouch, October+ for SS?
Well the Oct date is a little pessimistic, but yes it could be that long. If somehow you are able to get high on the list at some dealer, you could probably expect to get it earlier, but no gaurantees .
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:08 PM   #7
dect

So my best bet is to go out to some dealers tommorow? Talk to them and see what date they are looking at for my car? I'll wait for a V8 screw V6
Old 01-11-2009, 11:09 PM   #8
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
So my best bet is to go out to some dealers tommorow? Talk to them and see what date they are looking at for my car? I'll wait for a V8 screw V6
See if you can find some dealers with allocations left. From my understanding, that might help you get a Camaro in less time.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:10 PM   #9
kanys

Quote:
Yes, do it as soon as you can. But be sure not to pay over MSRP, and also be prepared to deal with dealers/salespeople who know little about this car, so do not take their word for anything.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:11 PM   #10
dect

Ok, thank you! Anyone know any color stripes what would look great with CGM?
Old 01-11-2009, 11:11 PM   #11
kanys

Dang Fenwick that's twice you barely beat me.... lol
Old 01-11-2009, 11:12 PM   #12
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Price range is not a huge deal for me...... But, once again me being ignorant.

More accurately, it's not a huge deal for Mommy and Daddy......wait til they see how much it will cost to insure you on it.....probably equal to or greater than the car payment.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:12 PM   #13
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Yes, ask them what they're allocation is, and if all the spots have been filled. If they have -- then you'll be waiting until beyond October. If not -- congrats, expect your Camaro before then.

(And don't hate on the V6 )
Old 01-11-2009, 11:12 PM   #14
kanys

Quote:
Ok, thank you! Anyone know any color stripes what would look great with CGM?
It really comes down to personal preference. You can get some of the great photoshop-savvy members on the site to chop some stuff for you, but many of it may already to floating around, since CGM is a popular color! Personally I think white would look nice.

Edit - some nice CGM photoshops in this thread - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8432 Just keep in mind that the originals were computer-rendered, since we have not yet seen this color on an actual Camaro.

Last edited by kanys; 01-11-2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: added link