Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-10-2009, 09:35 AM   #1
19K3SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Order Placed, Detroit-area Dealer still has allocations available

I ordered my 2SS/RS Black, Black, Cyber Gray Rally Stripes, MN6 w/ Hurst Short-Throw, Polished Wheels on 9Feb2009. A little late in the game, but not too late.

My dealer was very helpful.

Ed Williams
Gordon Chevrolet
Garden City, MI
(877) 626-2496

I knew what I wanted, based off of getting information from this site over time, plus he was very helpful in answering many questions I still had when it was time to order. I am currently coming up on the end of my third rotation in Iraq, and this is my "welcome home" present to myself! We are working out of a patrol base, so my only way to communicate was via e-mail with my dealer. Some dealers didn't even attempt to work with me since I could not come in to the dealership or call them to discuss the order. With the time-zone difference, and the odd hours I work, my e-mails tended to get sent at 1am (EST), yet Ed was always quick to reply with any requested info as soon as he got in to work. Granted, it took some time to get to this point from the initial e-mail I had sent the dealership, but that was because of the situation (delays on my end for work reasons) I was trying to order under.

As of this morning's e-mail from Ed, he stated that, yes, they do still have allocations available. Their first car did get picked up from their order bank yesterday. I am priority #5 for them (which actually works for me, since that'd push my expected delivery at least a couple months from now, so the timing may just be about perfect). How many extra slots, or the exact type of the order pulled, I don't know. I've read on here that some people in the Detroit area are still looking for a decent dealer, and one that still has allocations, and Ed was very helpful and is eager to get more people into the Camaro.
19K3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19K3SS View Post
I ordered my 2SS/RS Black, Black, Cyber Gray Rally Stripes, MN6 w/ Hurst Short-Throw, Polished Wheels on 9Feb2009. A little late in the game, but not too late.

My dealer was very helpful.

Ed Williams
Gordon Chevrolet
Garden City, MI
(877) 626-2496

I knew what I wanted, based off of getting information from this site over time, plus he was very helpful in answering many questions I still had when it was time to order. I am currently coming up on the end of my third rotation in Iraq, and this is my "welcome home" present to myself! We are working out of a patrol base, so my only way to communicate was via e-mail with my dealer. Some dealers didn't even attempt to work with me since I could not come in to the dealership or call them to discuss the order. With the time-zone difference, and the odd hours I work, my e-mails tended to get sent at 1am (EST), yet Ed was always quick to reply with any requested info as soon as he got in to work. Granted, it took some time to get to this point from the initial e-mail I had sent the dealership, but that was because of the situation (delays on my end for work reasons) I was trying to order under.

As of this morning's e-mail from Ed, he stated that, yes, they do still have allocations available. Their first car did get picked up from their order bank yesterday. I am priority #5 for them (which actually works for me, since that'd push my expected delivery at least a couple months from now, so the timing may just be about perfect). How many extra slots, or the exact type of the order pulled, I don't know. I've read on here that some people in the Detroit area are still looking for a decent dealer, and one that still has allocations, and Ed was very helpful and is eager to get more people into the Camaro.
Decided to join too, eh? haha

I e-mailed him yesterday after your recommendation, but I still haven't heard back from him. I'm guess I'm just too impatient! But I'll post any new info here though. Our Camaros will have to hang out, heh...
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:06 AM   #3
19K3SS

I was thinking that, too... although your's may get jealous of mine, since mine has a much more gooder and experienced driver.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:11 AM   #4
DDustiNN

Well, we've both wrecked 2 cars... so I'd say we're equally experienced, haha...

Although, my second one was fixable :P
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #5
19K3SS

by my own doings?
Old 02-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
DDustiNN

eh, it happens.

still no response from ed :(