Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-16-2017, 08:33 AM   #1
Rapter9932

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LT/RS
SS Brembo's on stock RS

I am looking to upgrade the stock breaks to the SS Brembo 4 piston on the front. Has anyone done this already? And am I going to need to buy a wheel spacer to make them fit?? Thanks
Rapter9932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:21 AM   #2
Silent...

Drives: 2012 2LT RS White Born: 11/10/11
Here you go. http://http://www.camaro5.com/forums...ad.php?t=62282

Google search Camaro5 v6 brembo and you'll get more hits.
*Grey Hockey Stripes; Heritage Grill; GM GFX - Unpainted Argent Gray; GM Dovetail Spoiler; Rivercity Creations custom painted rear bowtie, RS & Taillight Bezels; MRR M017 Graphite Wheels; Nitto NT555 G2; ACS 4Teen Heat Extractor
*RX Catch Can;CAI; MF Exhaust; VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB; Overkill Stage 1 Supercharger System; Hotchkis Comp Sway Bar Set w/ End Links, Cadillac CTSV 4 Piston Brembos on all corners with SS Black Hat Rotors

Youtube Channel - HPDE Driving Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpO...8aw6hgX3O1Uh7A
Silent... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:27 AM   #3
Silent...

Drives: 2012 2LT RS White Born: 11/10/11
If you are looking to do just the fronts and don't want to change out rotors, Cadillac 4 piston brembo fronts fit wo any mods to the rotors. The shields have to be trimmed though. I'm doing that next weekend.
*Grey Hockey Stripes; Heritage Grill; GM GFX - Unpainted Argent Gray; GM Dovetail Spoiler; Rivercity Creations custom painted rear bowtie, RS & Taillight Bezels; MRR M017 Graphite Wheels; Nitto NT555 G2; ACS 4Teen Heat Extractor
*RX Catch Can;CAI; MF Exhaust; VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB; Overkill Stage 1 Supercharger System; Hotchkis Comp Sway Bar Set w/ End Links, Cadillac CTSV 4 Piston Brembos on all corners with SS Black Hat Rotors

Youtube Channel - HPDE Driving Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpO...8aw6hgX3O1Uh7A
Silent... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:56 PM   #4
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
I bought a complete pair of front Brembo's off of a 2014 1LE and from what I can tell from research these are a direct bolt on to V6 models. Having them installed by the dealer when its in for my last freebie oil change, tire rotation (20k) next week. Cant wait!
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:24 PM   #5
seanjhon

Drives: 2013 camaro
The brembos will fit, you need the SS rotors and the BREMBO calipers and such. You will need to trim the dust shield on the rears of your car as the v8 calipers are way bigger.Also I would recommend getting new bolts as they are 2-3 bucks I believe . Also, look into getting stainless steel v8 brake lines. Or you can get the v8 brake lines. Others have also swapped out the v6 master cylinder to the v8 one.

I made the upgrade in mine and they are great!!

Good luck

Feel free to pm for questions
seanjhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:48 AM   #6
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
I bought a complete pair of front Brembo's off of a 2014 1LE and from what I can tell from research these are a direct bolt on to V6 models. Having them installed by the dealer when its in for my last freebie oil change, tire rotation (20k) next week. Cant wait!
tire rotation?
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:19 PM   #7
sspade

Yep. Side to side on fronts and backs.

Im confused by your comment/question....
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
Old 04-17-2017, 01:28 PM   #8
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Yep. Side to side on fronts and backs.

Im confused by your comment/question....
guess im too used to using directional tires.
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:03 AM   #9
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
I would personally recommend if you are going to change your brakes, also change your master cylinder to the SS. It will make a big difference in pedal feel. With the V6 master and SS brakes, the pedal feels mushy/soft, but you still have brakes. It just doesnt start until about half way in on the pedal.

Switching to the SS master fixed that. And no, it wasnt a bleeding issue.
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:45 AM   #10
sspade

any recommendations on where to get a SS master cylinder other than paying dealer price?
Old 04-20-2017, 08:14 AM   #11
sspade

Just called a local junkyard (Cunningham Brothers)...

They have a SS master cylinder off a 2013 for $60. They claim its the exact same part through 2015 which I don't doubt BUT...

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM A 2013 SS MASTER CYLINDER WILL FIT MY 2015 V6 WITHOUT ANY MODIFICATION?

Any specific parts other than the cylinder itself that I will need? Don't want to go and buy this thing and not be able to use it.

Getting my front 1LE Brembo's installed next week at dealer and would like to have this to complete the brake upgrade as suggested by Derek.

Please let me know!
Old 04-20-2017, 09:36 AM   #12
derek1387

It is the same.

$60 is a little high I think. I got a used one for $30 on eBay. And a new one for $60.

But if it's there so be it.

Yes I can confirm it will fitn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

Old 04-20-2017, 09:43 AM   #13
sspade

Thanks!

Im okay with spending 60$ I guess.

Its actually 45$ with a $15 core charge. Im going to see if they will take my V6 one back for 10$

Going to grab this at lunch.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:44 AM   #14
derek1387

There ya go. I wouldn't even say anything. Lol. They look identical unless you know what you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio