Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-15-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
mpiper

Drives: 2011 Black 1LT RS
iPod with PDIM/Connectivity Pkg

First, the basics:
2011 1LT w/ Connectivity Pkg DA/DX version SW
HTC EVO Android Phone 2.2.1 SW
iPod Touch 2G 4.1 SW

I've been using Bluetooth streaming from my EVO since day 1. However, I have to change songs, playlists, etc. on the phone and the audio seems less clear than a direct connection. The "Next/Previous" buttons on the radio and steering wheel change songs appropriately. No info is displayed on the radio screen, but the streaming seems to work perfectly fine.

I've started using my iPod since the USB connection has clearer/crisper audio. All the controls seem to work fine and the screen displays all the information (song title/Artist/album). The menu button controls the iPod just like the old touchwheel on the iPod classics. Here's the problem I've run into, (I'm hoping someone can tell me how they fixed this issue):
1. I press "Menu" to open the ipod's menu on the radio.
2. I rotate the knob to select "search" and press the center.
3. I rotate to select "artist" and press the center.
4. The artist list displays, starting at "A" and running down off the screen. I start rotating the knob to scroll down to the "S"s (for this example).
5. The names scroll for a few lines, the switch to three dots per line (. . .)
6. I hesitate to see what letters I'm on, and the names eventually display "Beach Boys" so I scroll/spin several times to try and get to M, N or lower.
7. The radio suddenly decides I'm taking too long and switches to FM. Forcing me to start over.

So, how do you get it to speed scroll through letters, not full artist names (I did it by accident once when scrolling through albums, so I know it exists.)??

Secondly, How do you keep the radio on iPod while in the menu?

Mike
mpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:54 AM   #2
11BEE
11 BEE

Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
To speed scroll, you just start turning the knob quickly. After the second fast turn, it will go to the letter scrolling.

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
mpiper

Drives: 2011 Black 1LT RS
I just tried that. Several times. It seems to be VERY slow loading data. Either my iPod is going out, or the PDIM isn't up to speed.

At least I know this behavior is NOT normal.

Thanks!!!
mpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
CruiseControl

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
I'm not the first to say it and doubt I'll be the last: the PDIM sucks! My iPhone has never worked right with it connected via USB. I do have a 3rd gen iPod Nano that works well, but even then it gets scrambly at times. Not sure what I'll do when the Nano finally croaks...
CruiseControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #5
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Try updating the software on your iPod to the most recent version. I had some issues with mine the first time I plugged it in. So, I updated to most recent software on the iPod and it's worked fine ever since. The speed scrolling works fine for me.

I am using an iPod classic. I have heard that the PDIM works best with the iPod Classic models and not as well with others. I don't know that for a fact, but I've read others posts indicating that is the case.

Good luck.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote