Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 04-09-2010, 12:55 PM   #15
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro4mybday View Post
what happen
6,000 miles on my car, and the paint is chipping like crazy. Have now over 30 chips all over the body of the car. It is not normal. Dealer said, it is normal wear and tear. I said are you F'ing kidding me? This is normal to you. So now my body guy is doing the research and getting a test done to prove it is faulty paint. I have to get my car repainted because it is just going to keep getting worse.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:12 PM   #16
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGriffin78 View Post
6,000 miles on my car, and the paint is chipping like crazy. Have now over 30 chips all over the body of the car. It is not normal. Dealer said, it is normal wear and tear. I said are you F'ing kidding me? This is normal to you. So now my body guy is doing the research and getting a test done to prove it is faulty paint. I have to get my car repainted because it is just going to keep getting worse.

im hearing this is common, i was contimplating haveing my car shot with a few coats of clear right off the showroom
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #17
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro4mybday View Post
im hearing this is common, i was contimplating haveing my car shot with a few coats of clear right off the showroom
I was told by my body guy that the color would be fine, but it would not be stock anymore. I said it will probably be a better thing if it is not stock. He'll put more coats to make it stronger.

GM rushed the product to fill the demand, so this was bound to happen.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:36 PM   #18
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGriffin78 View Post
I was told by my body guy that the color would be fine, but it would not be stock anymore. I said it will probably be a better thing if it is not stock. He'll put more coats to make it stronger.

GM rushed the product to fill the demand, so this was bound to happen.

id highly recomond ppg global, its a few more bucks but the paint and color match is amazing
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
86st, dealers, new york, nyc