Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #71
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappa Joe View Post
Some of us do! I have to disagree with you guys.The ZL1 is the KING of Camaros ,why would i want the Prince? (Z28).
Pappa, I'm happy you're getting a ZL1. I have one coming that I have a ready buyer for. He's South, and when I've done a proper "break-in", and he returns, off it'll go...

How many GT 500 folk paid a premium to own Mustang's version of "KING"...only to find out in certain environments, it ISN'T...because the BOSS is Boss...?!

I'd hate to think a 200lb lighter LS7'd ZEE would roast a ZL1 "in certain environments"...and, more importantly, so do you and a whole bunch of ZL1/modded SS owners...

There'll be "peace in the valley"...until THAT day arrives...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #72
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Your statement makes perfect sense and 20 years ago, even ten years ago I'd go for it. In the present, I don't want to spend any more time under the hood and under the car than I have to, I'm already at my limits of how many ibuprofen I can take a day and how many hours I can spend in the jaccuzzi without looking like a complete prune. Ah the beauty of old age and retirement..........NOT!! I still spend eight hours or so a day as a carpenter in the construction industry, I get off work, swallow more pills and head home for the jaccuzzi, it takes most of the weekend to recuperate enough to be ready for the following week. Automotive repairs or modifications that used to be real easy require way too much effort now and way too long time wise. Actually I get around pretty well for my age (and a lot better than some of the party animals that work with me and are 20 years younger), I just have to face the facts that things take longer for me to do now and I always get less done in a days time than I plan on.
Clyde
....LOL Cyde, they only real difference between us is that you have a Jaccuzzi (which you mentioned TWICE in your post you lucky dog)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Yes I prefer not to tinker as well. Maybe wheels and tires...
.....my mind is tinkering away with thoughts of cylinder heads, valve trains, camshafts, intake manifolds, throttle bodies etc...etc..and other technical mechanical goodies on and on and on, but my body says, ...fughedaboutit....
Old 03-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #73
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I seriously agree that Z28 should be brought back. I believe, like ZL1, that it should be nothing but functional. If Team CAMARO changes the hood from the functional ZL1-style, it should provide downforce - not just be an open vent or asthetic. I think a lot of what is in ZL1 should come over to Z28, minus LSA. It should definately be a V8, and I think a Wixom 6.2 would be great - it would be nice to offer LS7 in it, but... yeah (well - they see fit to jamb it into the CE 'Vert)... maybe a little baby cam to pump the power up another 10%; that may not be too hard. It definately needs to blow the Supervisor out of the water, and should probably keep the TR6060 from SS and SS's rear, but maybe with some 3.73s. No slushbox. I really like the 1LE option-idea. I really don't see GM eliminating radios or AC, but maybe a rear seat-delete. STB from ZL1 or the 'Vert and we're good.

JMVHO.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #74
OldScoolCamaro

Heres an article on a vairety of camshafts and their effects one could expect to see up and down the scale. After all, for starters, it's a camshaft the LS3 seriously needs...

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...n/viewall.html

The next article is a bit dated, but shows real world numbers when swapping out the stock LS3 cam for a streetable upgrade. The numbers are for just the cam swap alone...imagine if one were to upgrade the intake plenum, throttle body, and MAF to compatible range around 102 MM's, increase the injector volume, and use tuned exhaust manifolds (round tube)....

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...ral/index.html
Old 03-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #75
SixGracing

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
What's the fascination with the Z? It's just a Camaro with different options and badging. Just make a nice Camaro and call it a ... Camaro..
Old 03-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #76
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGracing View Post
What's the fascination with the Z? It's just a Camaro with different options and badging. Just make a nice Camaro and call it a ... Camaro..
It's okay if you don't get "IT".....

For me it is the heritage of the name plate...

"As Trans Am titles in 1968 and '69 showed, the Z28 was a road-racer first, a street machine second. Drivers who understood its bare-knuckle character bought 7,199 of them for '68, and sales nearly tripled for the 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 -- a record that would stand until 1978"

A brief read about it...

http://musclecars.howstuffworks.com/...camaro-z28.htm
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #77
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
I could "live" with the 1LE as presented, but I'd really rather not have to "live with" anything, I'd rather it be an awesome package from the factory to keep modifications that I have to do to a minimum.
Clyde
You know, if you "live" with a 1LE and 24 months later a Z28 is produced.... I know how fast you'd be in line (assuming you were satisfied with the redesign)..... The 1LE just isn't recognizable in meaningful terms -- I'd wait if I had time. Hard choices if they don't give you a heads up on Gen6 plans.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #78
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGracing View Post
Well a pony car is a pony car maybe just get a Mustang...

You know now that I think about it a car is "just" transportation why not get a small commuter car? Think of the gas savings.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #79
OldScoolCamaro

...sigh...it's about specifiic ages of the consumer, generations of the car itself, where one grew up at what what point with what product and what they did with it or what their impressions were about it....many different levels of input and perspective, levels of performance, etc....it's hard to tie it all together so that youngsters can know or feel what oldsters do....right Mr. Florida?<inside joke about FLA>...seriously though, it transends many ages and philosophies,beliefs about what it is, what it means, and what it should be.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #80
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...sigh...it's about specifiic ages of the consumer, generations of the car itself, where one grew up at what what point with what product and what they did with it or what their impressions were about it....many different levels of input and perspective, levels of performance, etc....it's hard to tie it all together so that youngsters can know or feel what oldsters do....right Mr. Florida?<inside joke about FLA>...seriously though, it transends many ages and philosophies,beliefs about what it is, what it means, and what it should be.
HAHAHAHA......

Damn we are all becoming philosophers because we don't have the actual car here to expound on. You gotta drive something. Might as well be a kick ash car that when you stomp it, it delivers.

Oh, Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #81
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
It's okay if you don't get "IT".....

For me it is the heritage of the name plate...

"As Trans Am titles in 1968 and '69 showed, the Z28 was a road-racer first, a street machine second. Drivers who understood its bare-knuckle character bought 7,199 of them for '68, and sales nearly tripled for the 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 -- a record that would stand until 1978"

A brief read about it...

http://musclecars.howstuffworks.com/...camaro-z28.htm
You got it!! Back in the day ('67-'70 or so) I liked the SS Camaro, but I simply loved the Z/28. There was nothing like jumping into the Z and cranking it up and hearing those solid lifters, idle lope, and chambered exhaust, head on down the road and crack the secondaries on that 780 Holley and it was pure bliss! Head out for those curvey country roads and appreciate an awesome handling car, was the next best thing to sex. And if my wife was in a bad mood it was better!
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #82
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

I can relate...ummmm about the car.

Ok everything.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #83
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I never cared for the big block muscle cars, I always preferred the small block Trans Am cars. Z28, Firebird TransAm, AAR Cuda, Challenger T/A, Boss 302, Javelin. These all had high revving small blocks, awesome machines.
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #84
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinlow View Post
I never cared for the big block muscle cars, I always preferred the small block Trans Am cars. Z28, Firebird TransAm, AAR Cuda, Challenger T/A, Boss 302, Javelin. These all had high revving small blocks, awesome machines.
I believe the Trans Am was a BB until 1979 when they offered a 301 with the 400 & 403. . The Formula could be had in a SB or a BB

Tags
where's our z?