Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
motley1987

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
2 MGP caliper cover questions

First, from pics I've seen, the larger covers go on the front calipers, right? And second, when I put the smaller covers on the rear calipers, the clips didn't fit nearly as tight as the clips on the front. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you make the clips fit tighter? I just don't want them flying off when I'm on the highway. Thanks for the help.

Ben
2011 IOM 1LT RS. K&N Typhoon CAI; Sequential taillights, SLP faded gill overlays, VMAX CNC ported TB, RX Ported IM, RX breather, 3/8" Black Ice-olator, OEM STB, 4 gauge pack, Alpine amp and sub, convertible spoiler, IOM painted rear diffuser, SS front and rear sways, SS front and rear struts and springs, Street Scene front splitter, IOM hideaway headlight covers, 5% window tint.
motley1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
DFWHD

Drives: 45th Anniversary Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by motley1987 View Post
First, from pics I've seen, the larger covers go on the front calipers, right? And second, when I put the smaller covers on the rear calipers, the clips didn't fit nearly as tight as the clips on the front. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you make the clips fit tighter? I just don't want them flying off when I'm on the highway. Thanks for the help.

Ben
There should have been instructions with the kit that showed which ones go where. If I recall, the back ones were not as good a fit, but I did some slight bending to get the fit I needed (more so on the rear right). Maybe some other C5 members can confirm their experiences.
DFWHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:41 AM   #3
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Drives: 2011 1LT Synergy Green
The Back ones bracket actually sits off the caliper a little ,Just center it and tighten, BUT do not over tighten, Belive it they won't go anywhere , I also was worried about mine . I use to check them everytime I got in the car & out of the car , Been on for over ayear never moved a bit , Well untill today when I took the off to put on new rotors. Again I think I checked the atleast 10 times before I finally said there okay...
BIO-HAZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
I had the same issue with the driver side back wheel. But after some ajustments it finally fitted OK. As per what I saw, I don't think they can detach.

Name:  caliper02.jpg
Views: 1198
Size:  145.5 KB
Old 04-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #5
426CamaroSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 1S, 426 HP, 6 Speed
I just took mine off and I should have applied the $189 I spent towards powdercoating them. A waste of money in my opinion.

They still look nice
426CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
motley1987

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
The box had two labels with "front" and "rear" but one of the stickers came off in shipping and both were stuck on the same plastic so they were useless. I checked them a bunch of times and they never budged so they were on good. My only problem is I think I should have gone with a brighter color so I'm thinking they might be up for sale soon. Thanks for the help guys!

Ben
2011 IOM 1LT RS. K&N Typhoon CAI; Sequential taillights, SLP faded gill overlays, VMAX CNC ported TB, RX Ported IM, RX breather, 3/8" Black Ice-olator, OEM STB, 4 gauge pack, Alpine amp and sub, convertible spoiler, IOM painted rear diffuser, SS front and rear sways, SS front and rear struts and springs, Street Scene front splitter, IOM hideaway headlight covers, 5% window tint.
motley1987 is offline   Reply With Quote