Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
godbolt5234

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Alpine INE-Z928HD

Has anyone installed/ tried to install the new Alpine INE-Z928HD? I am thinking about purchasing this unit and would like some feedback. the screen size is 8 inches vs the standard 7.

Thank you
godbolt5234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
The issue that I would see is there isn't a dash kit with an 8" right now. I have the 7" and waited a year for my dash kit.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
CanadianSS
Blue Streak

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS
I'm going to do it in mine. Here's another member who got it done
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=Ine-z928hd
I don't like the fit & finish of the install. I ran through it with my install guy and there's some trimming in the Metra kit to get it done. I won't be doing mine for another month though. Weather horrible here
CanadianSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
lcrngrs

Drives: 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianSS View Post
I'm going to do it in mine. Here's another member who got it done
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=Ine-z928hd
I don't like the fit & finish of the install. I ran through it with my install guy and there's some trimming in the Metra kit to get it done. I won't be doing mine for another month though. Weather horrible here
It just doesn't look right to me. I have the 7" version which i recently installed and love the way it looks with my alpine kit. I'll take some pics and post them.
lcrngrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
godbolt5234

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Alpine INE-Z928HD

The install tech I spoke with said he would have to modify the kit as well. I think it would like cool to have the bigger screen. two more questions: first, do the wheel controls work with this or the 7 inch unit? Second, I've seen you can play music videos and movies, can you play them while driving?

Thank you
godbolt5234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #6
CanadianSS
Blue Streak

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by godbolt5234 View Post
The install tech I spoke with said he would have to modify the kit as well. I think it would like cool to have the bigger screen. two more questions: first, do the wheel controls work with this or the 7 inch unit? Second, I've seen you can play music videos and movies, can you play them while driving?

Thank you
I'm having my professionally installed. Alpine Z928 with rear view, sat, steering wheels contro modules, Metra. The Metra i got came with the steering wheel modules. Trimming required for the Metra to fit on these decks. I wanted the biggest screen, so Alpine it is. I didn't like the "fit & finish" of the link I posted previously, so I showed my installer. The deck is sitting too far out of the Metra fr my liking. He said he will do some trimming, repaint he Metra when done and have it look waaaay better.

To answer yor questions:
1st, Steering wheels controls will work with any deck. You need to purchase the module.
2nd, for the video to work while driving, it needs the speed sensor bypass. Ask our stereo tech. Illegal, but I'm getting it done.
CanadianSS is offline   Reply With Quote