Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #239
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Can't wait man!
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #240
SSMKNU2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
subscribed. I want to see the outcome. Looking into the bumper myself, but dont feel like dishing out hundreds to get it to fit right.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #241
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Should look incredable when done. There is something to say about being completely different than everyone else on the road
Old 01-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #242
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Painter sent me this picture, right away I saw he screwed up. The center was supposed to run all black, no orange under on the lip. What's everyone think, keep it this way or have him repaint it all black center?
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2013, 10:42 PM   #243
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
Painter sent me this picture, right away I saw he screwed up. The center was supposed to run all black, no orange under on the lip. What's everyone think, keep it this way or have him repaint it all black center?
YOU DIRTY RAT!!!!

That is exactly how I am going to have mine painted!!

I of course think it looks good.

My upper grille will be all carbon Flash as well so it wont be exactly the same, but I have planned to have the aqua blue run along the flat edge along the bottom front like yours is.

I say keep it.

I planned to paint it like that because it makes the most sense to me personally it's more coordinated that way.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #244
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
Damn!! Looks absolutely badass my dude. I love it the way it is now. However, I can't tell how it would look unless I get a front on view.

Personally, I love the lip as body color. Why? Basically, it provides the most aggressive appearance possible because body color (non dark color) it shows a low stance better than black does. Black color accents perfectly, but it takes away the low profile look all at the same time.

Obviously, you can't loose either way, but that's my 2 cents .
Old 01-23-2013, 11:13 PM   #245
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

It's definately growing on me, it's kinda breaks everything up and doesn't just leave it looking like the black drops off.

He will send me at straight on photo in the morning!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:22 PM   #246
TCAT

I totally agree. I also planned to paint the bottom splitter body color. I just prefer the way it looks and the low appeal it provides. Many people love the all bottom blackout look, but I'm not a fan for the reasons I specified. It obviously looks great in body color, or blacked, but painted body color will always win in my eyes.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #247
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
I totally agree. I also planned to paint the bottom splitter body color. I just prefer the way it looks and the low appeal it provides. Many people love the all bottom blackout look, but I'm not a fan for the reasons I specified. It obviously looks great in body color, or blacked, but painted body color will always win in my eyes.

It will match what you currently have too. The white splitter with the center lower of your bumper blacked out.

Yeah the design of the bumper looks like it is meant to be painted like this IMO.

If not the center lower portion should match the area to either side and extend across between them, at that point I would use that line to break the paint lines. you know what I mean?
Old 01-23-2013, 11:32 PM   #248
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post

It will match what you currently have too. The white splitter with the center lower of your bumper blacked out.

Yeah the design of the bumper looks like it is meant to be painted like this IMO.

If not the center lower portion should match the area to either side and extend across between them, at that point I would use that line to break the paint lines. you know what I mean?
I know exactly what you mean man . Thanks! You have great taste as usual. I can't wait to see yours painted and installed too!!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:34 PM   #249
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean man . Thanks! You have great taste as usual. I can't wait to see yours painted and installed too!!
Thanks! Work is picking up so hopefully soon.

I'm looking forward to yours and Tim's as well.Nice to see more and more of these finally getting painted. I know of two yellows getting installed as well.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:40 PM   #250
TCAT

Oh wow, 2 more yellows! That's a good sign, as its fun to see everyone's vision come together and the way they like to paint them. It's requiring some serious work that's for sure, and it better be worth it. Haha. I'm going to insure this damn bumper in case it gets crushed in an accident.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:19 AM   #251
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Oh wow, 2 more yellows! That's a good sign, as its fun to see everyone's vision come together and the way they like to paint them. It's requiring some serious work that's for sure, and it better be worth it. Haha. I'm going to insure this damn bumper in case it gets crushed in an accident.

I asked my insurance company about it. They said take pictures of it, tell us how much it cost to buy it and install it and keep your receipts. I said but if it's a custom can i replace it worth something else up to that amount? she said yes.

So as to not hijack Tim's thread too much, I wonder... what else do you have planned after this Tim? Your car is never together more than a few months tops before your next mod
Old 01-24-2013, 03:18 AM   #252
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post

I asked my insurance company about it. They said take pictures of it, tell us how much it cost to buy it and install it and keep your receipts. I said but if it's a custom can i replace it worth something else up to that amount? she said yes.

So as to not hijack Tim's thread too much, I wonder... what else do you have planned after this Tim? Your car is never together more than a few months tops before your next mod
It will be in the shop for about 3 more weeks, painting the rear ground effects to match the front. Re-aligning the hood and painting the underside. I'll be adding vinyl hash strips, ill leave them on for a while, if I like them ill be painting them on using the same color as the black on my bumper.

Then car will be back into storage until April.

Then I am planning an appointment with Ted at Jannetty Racing for the new SLP TVS2300 supercharger hopefully in or around June. I'll be getting the 3years 36,000 mile warranty with it and then no mods for a long time, well until the supercharger is paid off