Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-30-2011, 05:06 PM   #43
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I *think*....Suede Dash insert is standard.
THAT is a really good question. I went back and looked at a lot of pictures. I am thinking that if the Suede Interior Package is NOT ordered, then the steering wheel, gear shift knob, shift boot and dash insert will be the smooth leather with microfiber suede seat inserts. However, if the suede package IS ordered then the steering wheel, shift knob, shift boot and dash insert are then suede covered.

You could be right and the suede dash insert is standard to match the suede seat inserts. I am not 100% sure which way it is and dealers are not sure either. Pictures show both inserts.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:47 PM   #44
OldJedi
Use the Force

I found this while studying the Online Dealer Vehicle Order Guide.

Week of 10/31/2011

Effective 10/31/2011, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

Home Page-Added "ZL1 Coupe (1EY37)".
All Coupe sections-Added ZL1 Coupe 1EY37 ZL1 equipment group. Please see order guide for details.
SS Color and Trim section-Changed drop-down header to read "SS; ZL1 Coupe" and added ZL1 Coupe 1EY37 ZL1 information. Please see order guide for details.

Coupe Exterior section-Deleted both entries of (VZP) LPO, 21" Black Painted Aluminum Wheels Package".
Coupe Exterior section-First entry of (VZN) LPO, 21" Machined Aluminum with Black Accents Wheels Package (V6), updated footnote 1 to now read "Not available with (5W5) 21" Machined Aluminum with Silver Accents Wheels Package, LPO, (5XO) 21" (53.3 cm) 5-spoke wheels with Blade Silver inserts and Red flange stripe, LPO, (SER) 21" 5-spoke wheels with Gray inserts, LPO or (S5Y) 21" (53.3 cm) 5-spoke polished wheels, LPO." Also updated footnote 2 to now read "Not available with (5W5) 21" Machined Aluminum with Silver Accents Wheels Package, LPO, (5XO) 21" (53.3 cm) 5-spoke wheels with Blade Silver inserts and Red flange stripe, LPO, (SER) 21" 5-spoke wheels with Gray inserts, LPO or (S5Y) 21" (53.3 cm) 5-spoke polished wheels, LPO. When ordered with (WRS) RS Package, rear wheels are 21" x 9.5" (53.3 cm x 24.1 cm) and rear tires are 275/35ZR21."
Coupe Exterior section-Second entry of (VZN) LPO, 21" Machined Aluminum with Black Accents Wheels Package (V8), updated footnote 1 to now read "Not available with (5W5) 21" Machined Aluminum with Silver Accents Wheels Package, LPO, (5XO) 21" (53.3 cm) 5-spoke wheels with Blade Silver inserts and Red flange stripe, LPO, (SER) 21" 5-spoke wheels with Gray inserts, LPO or (S5Y) 21" (53.3 cm) 5-spoke polished wheels, LPO."
Coupe Exterior section-(5W5) LPO, 21" Machined Aluminum with Silver Accents Wheels Package, updated footnote 1 to now read "Not available with (VZN) 21" Machined Aluminum with Black Accents Wheels Package, LPO or (5XO) 21" (53.3 cm) 5-spoke wheels with Blade Silver inserts and Red flange stripe, LPO."
Coupe Exterior section-(5XO) LPO, 21" (53.3 cm) 5-spoke wheels with Blade Silver inserts and Red flange stripe, dealer-installed, updated footnote 1 to now read "Not available with (VZN) 21" Machined Aluminum with Black Accents Wheels Package, LPO."
Coupe Exterior section-(SER) LPO, 21" (53.3 cm) 5-spoke wheels with Gray inserts, dealer-installed, updated footnote 1 to now read "Not available with (VZN) 21" Machined Aluminum with Black Accents Wheels Package, LPO, (5W5) 21" Machined Aluminum with Silver Accents Wheels Package, LPO, (5XO) 21" (53.3 cm) 5-spoke wheels with Blade Silver inserts and Red flange stripe, LPO or (S5Y) 21" (53.3 cm) 5-spoke polished wheels, LPO."
Coupe Exterior section-(S5Y) LPO, 21" (53.3 cm) 5-spoke polished wheels, dealer-installed, updated footnote 1 to now read "Not available with (VZN) 21" Machined Aluminum with Black Accents Wheels Package, LPO, (5W5) 21" Machined Aluminum with Silver Accents Wheels Package, LPO, (5XO) 21" (53.3 cm) 5-spoke wheels with Blade Silver inserts and Red flange stripe, LPO or (SER) 21" 5-spoke wheels with Gray inserts, LPO."
Convertible Exterior section-Deleted both entries of (VZP) LPO, 21" Black Painted Aluminum Wheels Package".
Convertible Exterior section-First entry of (VZN) LPO, 21" Machined Aluminum with Black Accents Wheels Package (V6), updated footnote 1 to now read "Not available with (5W5) 21" Machined Aluminum with Silver Accents Wheels Package, LPO, (5XO) 21" (53.3 cm) 5-spoke wheels with Blade Silver inserts and Red flange stripe, LPO, (SER) 21" 5-spoke wheels with Gray inserts, LPO or (S5Y) 21" (53.3 cm) 5-spoke polished wheels, LPO. When ordered with (WRS) RS Package, rear wheels are 21" x 9.5" (53.3 cm x 24.1 cm) and rear tires are 275/35ZR21."

Last edited by OldJedi; 10-31-2011 at 07:58 AM.
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:50 PM   #45
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
THAT is a really good question. I went back and looked at a lot of pictures. I am thinking that if the Suede Interior Package is NOT ordered, then the steering wheel, gear shift knob, shift boot and dash insert will be the smooth leather with microfiber suede seat inserts. However, if the suede package IS ordered then the steering wheel, shift knob, shift boot and dash insert are then suede covered.

You could be right and the suede dash insert is standard to match the suede seat inserts. I am not 100% sure which way it is and dealers are not sure either. Pictures show both inserts.
I haven't seen leather inserts in a badged ZL1?

I'm about to leave for a little bit...but I recall the ordering guide that we're not supposed to know about () listed the microsuede inserts as standard interior appointment, and the suede steering wheel and shifter as optional (like in the CTS-V)
Old 10-30-2011, 05:55 PM   #46
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
I agree that the suede dash will be std on all ZL1's to match the seats. Just based on what I've read in past...... and I think Ed Welburn said something about it during the intro? Not sure..
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #47
OldJedi
Use the Force

Quote:

I'm about to leave for a little bit...but I recall the ordering guide that we're not supposed to know about () listed the microsuede inserts as standard interior appointment, and the suede steering wheel and shifter as optional (like in the CTS-V)
You may be 100% correct about the standard dash insert being suede in all ZL1's. I will defer to you because I have not seen you be wrong yet.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:42 PM   #48
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:

Even the "base" ZL1 that debuted at Camarofest II had the suede insert and that car had the standard leather wheel and shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
You may be 100% correct about the standard dash insert being suede in all ZL1's. I will defer to you because I have not seen you be wrong yet.
Don't forget about me too, I'm also never wrong
Old 10-30-2011, 08:25 PM   #49
1BADZL1
THE CAMARO KING

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 on order #PZSD7S
Thumbs down

grrr...less suede for me dangit..
Am I the only one wanting 0 suede?
I think i may be...
Now i have the inserts and have to have the dash too?
I thought if you did not get the suede options, this included
The steering wheel, shifter, and dash???
They have been saying this all along and now its changed??
UGH!!!
So people are going to pay for a $300 suede option and only get a suede wheel and a suede shifter boot????
I don't think so.....
If thats the way it is fine... nothing can be done about it, but id like 0 suede please...UGH....
I can't have cloth seats now I got to put up with the suede...
1000 Initial Order 11/11/2011 Chevyland
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 11/11/2011 - PZSD7S
2000 Order accepted by GM: 12/14/2011
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 00/00/2011 - TPW 00/00/2011
3100 Sequenced: 00/00/2011
3300 Scheduled For Production:0/0/2012
3400 Broadcast: 0/0/2012
3800 Produced: 0/0/2012
4000 Available To Ship: 0/0/2012
4200 Shipped: 0/0/2012
5000 Delivered To The Dealer: 0/0/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer:0/0/2012
1BADZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #50
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY68RS View Post
grrr...less suede for me dangit..
Am I the only one wanting 0 suede?
I think i may be...
Now i have the inserts and have to have the dash too?
I thought if you did not get the suede options, this included
The steering wheel, shifter, and dash???
They have been saying this all along and now its changed??
UGH!!!
So people are going to pay for a $300 suede option and only get a suede wheel and a suede shifter boot????
I don't think so.....
If thats the way it is fine... nothing can done about it, but id like 0 suede please...UGH....
I can't have cloth seats now I got to put up with the suede...
They've never said one way or the other....actually, when I think about it, all show cars to date have had suede so it would have been safe to assume it would be in there from the get-go.

$300 is about on-par with the aftermarket for such features, I think...and while that's the cost of this option on the CTS-V...it could very well be less expensive on the Camaro. Who knows?

All I know is I checked it! I love the refined look it gives the interior versus leather...yet I don't care for traditional cloth. win-win for me!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:54 PM   #51
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
For some...Living in this car might not be an exxageration. HAHA>.. Wait til it comes in the driveway! I wonder JOE.... what "touches" do u expect might be put on yours by TH? I'd like to see if I can get similar treatment with my dealer!!! AND, you letting the cleannin boy gets his mits on it? Trash your build sheets? YOu getting "First Place" Finish... for a mere $599? Other dealer add ons? I have a mutual understanding on those. there are NONE>
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:02 PM   #52
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
For some...Living in this car might not be an exxageration. HAHA>.. Wait til it comes in the driveway! I wonder JOE.... what "touches" do u expect might be put on yours by TH? I'd like to see if I can get similar treatment with my dealer!!! AND, you letting the cleannin boy gets his mits on it? Trash your build sheets? YOu getting "First Place" Finish... for a mere $599? Other dealer add ons? I have a mutual understanding on those. there are NONE>
The Great thing about Tom Henry is that he cares for these cars like they were his own. If I were having it tuned, he'd be there to oversee it...he sees it off the truck, etc, etc. And so I trust him to keep my new friend protected and safe.

Unfortunately...based on my estimates in another thread - I'm not going to have much $$ free for modifications. And even if I did, I'd have to stop and think about it. The car is virtually PERFECT in my eyes from the factory...a nice balance of handling and power well above my own driving limits. So...probably not. :(
Old 10-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #53
Shurenuff

Quote:
The Great thing about Tom Henry is that he cares for these cars like they were his own. If I were having it tuned, he'd be there to oversee it...he sees it off the truck, etc, etc. And so I trust him to keep my new friend protected and safe.

Unfortunately...based on my estimates in another thread - I'm not going to have much $$ free for modifications. And even if I did, I'd have to stop and think about it. The car is virtually PERFECT in my eyes from the factory...a nice balance of handling and power well above my own driving limits. So...probably not. :(
Did you go with silver or IBM?
Old 10-30-2011, 09:23 PM   #54
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
SIM

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179260
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:31 PM   #55
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
What ShnOmac said!
Old 10-30-2011, 09:33 PM   #56
Shurenuff

Quote:
What ShnOmac said!
I missed that one for sure.

I'm very happy for you! I also like your new signature pic better than the old SS one

Congrats!