Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-30-2015, 01:02 PM   #1
TECHTURTLE

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Koni Orange?

Compared to stock, how much better are these? Is the difference worth spending the money to upgrade now, or should I wait until I need to replace my stock parts?

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
TECHTURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:30 PM   #2
TECHTURTLE

Okay, I'll re-ask this... Anyone running KONI STR. T, have anything to say about them?

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:35 PM   #3
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
They are more firm than OEM, the biggest downside though so far is, make sure your careful if you run bigger tires up front. 275/40R20s will most likely not work with them unless they've been worn down some. From what I can tell the spring perch is about 5mm closer to the tire then the OEM struts which was just enough to make a new set of 275/40s rub on the strut.

I did my first autocross on some STR.T shocks/struts this past weekend, and not really sure I could tell any major difference between the OEMs and these.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:44 PM   #4
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
If you are on the Fence, wait on the Yellows!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:44 PM   #5
TECHTURTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructo09 View Post
They are more firm than OEM, the biggest downside though so far is, make sure your careful if you run bigger tires up front. 275/40R20s will most likely not work with them unless they've been worn down some. From what I can tell the spring perch is about 5mm closer to the tire then the OEM struts which was just enough to make a new set of 275/40s rub on the strut.

I did my first autocross on some STR.T shocks/struts this past weekend, and not really sure I could tell any major difference between the OEMs and these.
Thanks!

Added
Old 03-30-2015, 04:08 PM   #6
TECHTURTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
If you are on the Fence, wait on the Yellows!
That would be nice but with the 25% off sale the orange one look good... If they make a difference.

Added