Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 02-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #1
Downwithopp

Drives: 2010 Black SS
This weekend at Infineon

Signed up for the HPDE racing classes through NASA and will be up there racing around the track with some pro driver instructor. Just curious if anybody else is signed up!

Should be fun
Downwithopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
DTM
DTMphotography

Drives: 10' Camaro SS
Have fun man! You gonna come out wednesday if it's not raining?
Old 02-26-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
Downwithopp

Wow.. its already going to be the third.

Yea I'm definately up for that.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
How much for the HPDE? Id love to get in on that

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
cool
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:05 PM   #6
Downwithopp

Its 180$ a day after becoming a NASA member (which is free).

My first day up there was absolutely incredible. Without a doubt the most fun I have ever had in my car. The crowd of people is so appreciative of the car, and I spent the entire time I was off the track just shooting the shit with other car lovers. Guy in a blue SRT8 chally, a dude in a black M5, a guy with a red Z06. It was just a great atmosphere and the instructors are cool as hell. None of them were pricks either, other then one guy driving a brand new GT3 who was actually the slowest guy in out bracket. lol >_>

180$ gets you one day (2 days being 360$) which ends up being about an hour and 20 minutes of track time, with a professional driver telling you when to brake, what gear to be in, when to accelerate.. anything. On my offtime I went around the track in his Miata in whatever class of racing he was in. Towards the end of the day he took me and the M5 guy up into the track supervisor booths which was absolutely amazing.

Started out sliding all over the place, and ended the day doing 100-110mph on the straights and turning hard at 60 mph into some of the turns. It was just an absolutely amazing experience and it was MORE then worth the money that was paid for it.

I'm going again tomorrow, and I strongly encourage ANYONE who wants to do it to sign up.

I PROMISE YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT D
Old 02-28-2010, 08:30 PM   #7
ChevyThunder

Drives: pinto
Try driving a GT3 fast at Infineon and you won't laugh. It is very fast car but it is a rear engine car and Infieon is a very challenging and technical course. Those two combined with an inexperienced driver can = disaster. If you can drive a Porsche fast at Infineon you can drive just about any car fast on anytrack..

NASA puts on a good event . Jerry Kunzman who owns NASA is a great guy. NASA sponsored me last year when I raced at the 24 Hours of Dubai and bought me a very nice drivers suite

Hope you had a great time . Wait till you go drive Thunderhill
ChevyThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #8
Downwithopp

I wasn't laughing at how he was driving so much as just being astonished at how much people spend on cars to start learning a track with. There was tons of Porsches there though, and it was great seeing all of them.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #9
Jeanius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downwithopp View Post
Its 180$ a day after becoming a NASA member (which is free).

My first day up there was absolutely incredible. Without a doubt the most fun I have ever had in my car. The crowd of people is so appreciative of the car, and I spent the entire time I was off the track just shooting the shit with other car lovers. Guy in a blue SRT8 chally, a dude in a black M5, a guy with a red Z06. It was just a great atmosphere and the instructors are cool as hell. None of them were pricks either, other then one guy driving a brand new GT3 who was actually the slowest guy in out bracket. lol >_>

180$ gets you one day (2 days being 360$) which ends up being about an hour and 20 minutes of track time, with a professional driver telling you when to brake, what gear to be in, when to accelerate.. anything. On my offtime I went around the track in his Miata in whatever class of racing he was in. Towards the end of the day he took me and the M5 guy up into the track supervisor booths which was absolutely amazing.

Started out sliding all over the place, and ended the day doing 100-110mph on the straights and turning hard at 60 mph into some of the turns. It was just an absolutely amazing experience and it was MORE then worth the money that was paid for it.

I'm going again tomorrow, and I strongly encourage ANYONE who wants to do it to sign up.

I PROMISE YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT D
Sounds AWESOME, is your car completely stock?

Old 02-28-2010, 10:39 PM   #10
ChevyThunder

Drives: pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downwithopp View Post
I wasn't laughing at how he was driving so much as just being astonished at how much people spend on cars to start learning a track with. There was tons of Porsches there though, and it was great seeing all of them.
We started a group called the Porsche Racing Club (PRC) and we have our own run group with NASA so there is usually a good contingent of Porsche race cars and street cars .

It may be the only sports car the guy has so he has no choice. Personally I appluade him for tracking the car. That is what Porsches' were meant for going back to the 356... drive it to the track , race it and drive it home.

I get what you mean I was just sayin......

I almost went up to my shop at Infineon this weekend . Kinda sorry I missed it. Glad you had a good time.
ChevyThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:51 PM   #11
Downwithopp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Sounds AWESOME, is your car completely stock?
Pfadt sways.
DMH low profile cutouts
Hennessey cold air intake

Put the sways on the tightest setting for the second day and my god what a difference.

Really was a ton of fun
Old 02-28-2010, 10:54 PM   #12
Downwithopp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyThunder View Post
We started a group called the Porsche Racing Club (PRC) and we have our own run group with NASA so there is usually a good contingent of Porsche race cars and street cars .

It may be the only sports car the guy has so he has no choice. Personally I appluade him for tracking the car. That is what Porsches' were meant for going back to the 356... drive it to the track , race it and drive it home.

I get what you mean I was just sayin......

I almost went up to my shop at Infineon this weekend . Kinda sorry I missed it. Glad you had a good time.
It was great, such an awsome environment. There was about 3 or 4 GT3s and a Lamborghini Gallardo up there today. Oh how I wish I had the money for these expensive toys.

Also, I had my car inspected by S-Car-Go. Another great few guys there had nothing but good things to say about my car.

All in all, a very homey/family like crowd of people there.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:10 PM   #13
Jeanius

DAMMIT your making me wanna go BAD, I need to get springs/sways ASAP!

Old 02-28-2010, 11:15 PM   #14
Downwithopp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
DAMMIT your making me wanna go BAD, I need to get springs/sways ASAP!
Join NASA and SIGN UP!!!

I'm probably going next month as well!