Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-13-2008, 09:01 PM   #785
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTWLSS View Post
As one of the 15 in the focus group, I can assure you that feedback was given regarding the look of the climate control knobs. I hope that's an area they choose to improve as the model progresses/evolves through the years.
Since you were in a focus group can you tell me why they didn't put automatic climate controls (Dual Zone) in the SS? I think for a $30k vehicle it should be standard, along with a better looking radio.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:04 AM   #786
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
The interior controls were probably designed from the start to be a departure from the norm.

They will polarize the buying segment.

Any "ground breaking" car would do the same.

I, for one, could care less how the knobs look -- as long as the A/C delivers plenty of cold air, fast, in the middle of August in Texas.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:51 AM   #787
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA FAST View Post
Since you were in a focus group can you tell me why they didn't put automatic climate controls (Dual Zone) in the SS? I think for a $30k vehicle it should be standard, along with a better looking radio.

The focus groups were held before the car was complete.
You'd have to ask someone from GM for the answer as to why something did or didn't make it in the production car.

Answers to some of these questions on why something did or didn't get into the final car were given in the seminars at INDY '08, but it was raining so darned hard on the pavillion we were in, we could hardly hear them.

FWIW, some of us did say we'd like dual zone climate control and memory seating, with the point made by one focus group member that if something is available in their trucks, it should be available in any Chevrolet.

I see this as an opportunity to tell GM what you'd like to see in the car, and with enough feedback, you just might see it in the car as the model progresses. There is always room for change and improvement. If enough people tell the Camaro team they'd like to see something like memory seating or dual zone automatic climate control, they just might be able to convince the higher ups that there is a demand and it's worth putting on the car.
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:58 PM   #788
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZ28_For_Now View Post
The interior controls were probably designed from the start to be a departure from the norm.

They will polarize the buying segment.

Any "ground breaking" car would do the same.

I, for one, could care less how the knobs look -- as long as the A/C delivers plenty of cold air, fast, in the middle of August in Texas.
I am fine with that, but I think the radio and climate controls look cheap. This might be fine on a base Camaro, but the SS should have a better looking radio and the climate controls should be automatic.

Quote:
The focus groups were held before the car was complete.
You'd have to ask someone from GM for the answer as to why something did or didn't make it in the production car.

Answers to some of these questions on why something did or didn't get into the final car were given in the seminars at INDY '08, but it was raining so darned hard on the pavillion we were in, we could hardly hear them.

FWIW, some of us did say we'd like dual zone climate control and memory seating, with the point made by one focus group member that if something is available in their trucks, it should be available in any Chevrolet.

I see this as an opportunity to tell GM what you'd like to see in the car, and with enough feedback, you just might see it in the car as the model progresses. There is always room for change and improvement. If enough people tell the Camaro team they'd like to see something like memory seating or dual zone automatic climate control, they just might be able to convince the higher ups that there is a demand and it's worth putting on the car.
I would love to see those options added to the SS. Even the climate controls from the Malibu LTZ would look better IMO. Just a question, how would you get the message out to the people developing the Camaro?
Old 11-14-2008, 06:46 PM   #789
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA FAST View Post
Just a question, how would you get the message out to the people developing the Camaro?
You would get the message through to the Camaro Team by generating a discussion on message forums like this one, 5thgen.org, chirpthird.com and camaroz28.com.
Look at what it did to get blue on a Camaro SS. The Camaro team and people from GM do read the message forums and the more mature the discussion, the more it is noticed and paid attention.

The Focus Group members have contact info for the Camaro Team and can forward your message or bring their attention to a particular thread if it's well composed.

Remember, the more articulate we are on our points, it makes it easier for the Camaro Team to present an argument to the powers that be.

p.s.....Please don't bombard The Fbodfather with PM's or email....he's extremely busy with Auto Show season and there are many of us who can bring an issue to the Camaro Team's attention. Scott really doesn't need additional grief. We need to bring his blood pressure down so he'll be with us a long time.

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '07 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:37 PM   #790
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Quote:
You would get the message through to the Camaro Team by generating a discussion on message forums like this one, 5thgen.org, chirpthird.com and camaroz28.com.
Look at what it did to get blue on a Camaro SS. The Camaro team and people from GM do read the message forums and the more mature the discussion, the more it is noticed and paid attention.

The Focus Group members have contact info for the Camaro Team and can forward your message or bring their attention to a particular thread if it's well composed.

Remember, the more articulate we are on our points, it makes it easier for the Camaro Team to present an argument to the powers that be.

p.s.....Please don't bombard The Fbodfather with PM's or email....he's extremely busy with Auto Show season and there are many of us who can bring an issue to the Camaro Team's attention. Scott really doesn't need additional grief. We need to bring his blood pressure down so he'll be with us a long time.
Thanks.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:46 AM   #791
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:

HTWLSS thanks for all the great info!!! I can speak for all when I say, “We here at CAMARO5 appreciate all the information we can get as well as proof as to why CAMARO5 is turning out to be such a great alternative to other forums.”

Once again Thanks…

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #792
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:

HTWLSS,
You have been really helpful to our members. We've all heard Scott cite what Camaro means. My opinion is you are a great example of what the entire community means to all the fans of Camaro.

Once again, our members come through. We're proud to have you as a member here along with a few other disciples as well as Johhny Camaro and Scott Settlemire and many other "in the know" members that have helped make the experience of watching the new Camaro come back so cool. Your participation here along with the rest of our membes really makes this site what it is.

My sincere thanks for your insight and assistance. I just can't say enough about how cool it is that you have decided to spend your time here with us and help our members out. It's very cool. I can't say it enough your participation here and, on the other sites, makes each of them better. Looking forward to hearing more from you about what insights you have on the Camaro.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #793
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
lol wut?

nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #794
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Holy revival Batman!!!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:36 PM   #795
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Holy revival Batman!!!!!
Yeah... I know.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #796
DustinK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnaris View Post
simulation credit

Thanks for sharing. It's great.
incoming spam in... 5...
DustinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #797
ITOT

Drives: 2000 Z28
Hi everyone,

My 2000 Z28 needs to be repaired. This car was only given to me by a rich relative. Do you know of a good shop near Denver area?

Simulation pret
ITOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #798
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITOT View Post
Hi everyone,

My 2000 Z28 needs to be repaired. This car was only given to me by a rich relative. Do you know of a good shop near Denver area?

Simulation pret
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote