Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 11-18-2010, 09:01 AM   #1
jbucknum

Drives: Chevy
Professional Driving Tips for Camaros

Hey Everyone,

I am the Pro-Driver of the Sunoco Camaro #6 that races in the Grand-Am Continental Tire Challenge Sports Car Series. I would really like to start going to all types of Camaro gatherings around the country to share some DRIVING TIPS!

Here are the couple of questions I have for everyone.

1. How many of you would be interested in having me out to do some driver coaching at track day events? (I can ride in the right seat giving you driver tips and I can also give you hot laps showing you the proper way to drive a Camaro FAST!!!)
2. How many of you would follow me if I did a video series on a blog that gives driving tips on and off race tracks?
3. How many of you would follow me if I did a video series on new after market Camaro products that I took to race tracks testing them and giving my feedback on how well they really perform?
4. What other things would you be interested in me covering if I had a Camaro Performance Driving Blog/video?

Btw....I am still working on my 2011 racing plans! At this point it looks good I will be back in the #6 Sunoco Camaro racing in Grand-Am.

I am a huge, huge fan of the Camaro and I really want to share my knowledge on what I have learned about the Camaro as I have raced it and done most of the development work on the Camaro Race Car.

Cheers!
Jeff Bucknum
www.sunococamaromerchandise.com
jbucknum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:42 AM   #2
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
All of the above... HAIL YES!

Matt Bell and Banzai Brannon have posted in-car race vid's ... love em!

Have you heard about the C5fest at Firebird? I think initial plans are for auto-x and drags, but it would be great if you could show

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...46&postcount=1

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 11-18-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:48 AM   #3
Cheshirelaugh

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro
#2 Definitely!
#1... I don't really make it out to track events but that sounds awesome too!!!
Built 5/15
Delivered 6/19
Picked-up 6/22
Cheshirelaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
baby02
EYE CANDY

Drives: 1SS RS ABM
count me in
baby02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:51 AM   #5
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
All of the above!
Old 11-18-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
sounds like a fun time. do it all
Old 11-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #7
jbucknum

Thanks for responding everyone. When is that C5fest at Firebird going to be held?

Can you guys also give me your opionion on who are the top 3 after market performance parts for the Camaros?
Old 11-18-2010, 10:22 AM   #8
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
jbucknum - let us know if you come up to Salt Lake City. We can gather plenty of Camaro drivers to meet you out at Miller Motor Sports Park!
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:23 AM   #9
fugimo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS ABM
#1 for sure, the rest I would definitely read/watch if they were interesting enough

What else might be good for a blog or video, is possibly describing/video taping some of the terms used when talking about performance vehicles and what it exactly means. For example, under-steer, really for the layman, it really does not mean anything other than a word used by some one that knows what they are talking about when pushing their cars. If you were to do a video on a car that under-steers and one that is setup correctly, people could understand what it really means.

That is all I could think of off the top of my head while working, but it all sounds good to me.
Injen CAI
AAC lighting (Foot well, trunk, interior, RGB Halos, Plasma DRLs, V2 scanner, side markers)
fugimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:27 AM   #10
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbucknum
1. How many of you would be interested in having me out to do some driver coaching at track day events? (I can ride in the right seat giving you driver tips and I can also give you hot laps showing you the proper way to drive a Camaro FAST!!!)
I would love that. I have no track day experience so I have a lot to learn. Just have to put my stock tires back on the rear.

2. How many of you would follow me if I did a video series on a blog that gives driving tips on and off race tracks?
I would check it.

3. How many of you would follow me if I did a video series on new after market Camaro products that I took to race tracks testing them and giving my feedback on how well they really perform?
I would check that out too. Been thinking about bushings and sway bars.

4. What other things would you be interested in me covering if I had a Camaro Performance Driving Blog/video?
first best mod for handling. Besides racing tires.

answer to questions in QUOTE
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:27 AM   #11
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbucknum View Post
Thanks for responding everyone. When is that C5fest at Firebird going to be held?

Can you guys also give me your opionion on who are the top 3 after market performance parts for the Camaros?
Fest is april 15, 16.

Suspension is Pedders and Pfadt.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:00 PM   #12
jbucknum

Thanks again you guys! Stay tuned for Camaro driving and performance tips BLOG!

I will deffinately make it down the the C5fest at Firebird in April.

Keep sending me ideas on what you would like to see me post on a blog about Camaros. Its great to hear everyones ideas!!!!

Cheers!
Old 11-18-2010, 12:51 PM   #13
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Jeff,
Count me in ANYTIME (after I receive my new baby in production now!). As a former 10 year Ambulance Driver Trainer/Fleet Manager and paramedic, I thank you for initiating this. The cross section of people driving this wonderful vehicle is amazing. Youthful drivers to seniors (a 100 year old on Youtube with a new Camaro!!!), you can never have enough information to keep you safe. Sometimes it takes a bit more than common sense. That has to be combined with learned skill sets that someone like you can provide at a much higher level.

Thanks for stepping up. I know there are plenty of people in this Camaro community that would drool over the opportunity to have you sitting next to them as a coach.

Wishing you much much success over the next year! We want to see the Camaro win all events it enters!

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #14
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I'm interested, I consider myself a fair driver but I'd love to hit a road course next summer and give it a go with some knowledge and a greater understanding of the driving dynamics of my Camaro.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote