Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-02-2011, 07:17 PM   #57
Lethal_8
Frequent Lurker

Drives: '11 Camaro LS M6,'09 Daytona 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroaarp View Post
Get the v6. I got one and my LS is 10x better than any v8 on this forum!
Agreed. If you're gonna drive it every day, just get the v6. It's a ballsy engine. The days of "there's no replacement for displacement" are behind us. My LS is everything I wanted and more.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #58
VADR_H8R

Drives: 2011 camaro 1ss synergy green
get the v6. It is a little cheaper and better on insurance. now IF you were paying for it by what ever you want. its just like if someone payed for your dinner, dont buy the lobster and steak! its simple respect.
VADR_H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #59
ZachSGMSS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADR_H8R View Post
get the v6. It is a little cheaper and better on insurance. now IF you were paying for it by what ever you want. its just like if someone payed for your dinner, dont buy the lobster and steak! its simple respect.
While I agree with what you said... When I traded in my 2lt for a 2ss my insurance actually went down. I'm sure that wont be the same most of the time but I felt it was worth mentioning. (I'm only 19 by the way)
ZachSGMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #60
Ilanidrac

Drives: 2011 RY/BLK 1LT/RS
Took me a long time to choose the v6. I realized that the biggest thing was that I would never be able to use the 312hp to its full potential, let alone the 400+ of the v8.

I don't race, and this is my DD. I drive in 3 hours of bumper to bumper a day for work, and after 3200 miles and 99% highway, my average speed is...28mph. I'd be kicking myself in the ass if I was doing that with a v8, it just doesn't make sense.

There are TONS of other reasons I made the decision I made, but I am very happy with my choice and don't regret it at all! Sure, you will get the guys who will scoff at you since you didn't get a v8, but most of them drive regular sedans. Honestly, I get the most crap from my friends. They always rip on it for be Chevy and v6, but they are just being regular friends, because they actually do love the car!

This car is fast. No matter what anybody says, the v6 is indeed fast. Fastest? No. But there will always be something faster so get used to that lol.

Moral of my rambling - get what you want, just make sure it really is what you want!

Now if I lived close enough to a track...
Ilanidrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:03 PM   #61
v6

Drives: 2012 45th 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xello View Post
MHO...Firstly, you need to come to grips on why you don't want a V6. Is it just a status thing? Remember that the V6 in today's Camaro is much more powerful than the V8 I had in my '79 Camaro. Would you drive the same in either a V6 or a V8? I hope you don't plan on street racing. Opt for the V6 if it's a daily driver for you and the fact you love the style. If you feel you need the SS for status, then you have your answer there as well.
THIS. Bro, if you want to impress your friends, either camaro will. When it comes to people hating on you for having a v6, the question is, do THEY have a Camaro? If you are willing to spend more on gas, using premium gas, and considering the fact they are BUYING your camaro for you, means they will most likely pay for insurance too, which i believe is more for v8's. I'm 18 and i'm saving up for my Camaro. And i'm being wise and choosing a v6 because first, they have power. incredible power for a v6. second, incredible gas mileage. Third, costs less for gas, insurance, and an overall price. Think wisely. Don't worry about what people think of you. A V6 will still impress a girl bro. haha
v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #62
WCoolBreeze
2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Garnet Tint
I have a 1987 Camaro RS (California Special) that I will sale for a good price. Great car for a 16 year old, Great Starter Car.

Gen6, 2016 Camaro 2SS, Red Garnet Tint (with Silver Rally Stripes)

Ordered: 2-12-2016
TPW: 3-7-2016
Built: 3-7-2016
VIN 1G1FH78G0157626
Delivered: 4-26-2016

Last edited by WCoolBreeze; 08-03-2011 at 07:46 PM.
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:10 AM   #63
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil35th View Post
I have to say it, why would any parents buy their kid a brand new car for their first ride. I mean they have very little experience behind the wheel, i am sure we can all see where this is going. 16 yr old=97 civic!
If you can..... better question is why not...............
Old 08-03-2011, 12:45 AM   #64
Berean

Drives: Truck
I think you should demand your parents get you a 2SS 45th convertible.

Don't take no for an answer. You deserve it.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:17 AM   #65
ss=scuba steve

Drives: 2011 1SS Cyber Gray Metallic
Screw all the above suggestions.......... buy a nice used f15 hellcat fighter jet. I guarantee you will be the biggest pimp ever!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:20 AM   #66
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal_8 View Post
Agreed. If you're gonna drive it every day, just get the v6. It's a ballsy engine. The days of "there's no replacement for displacement" are behind us. My LS is everything I wanted and more.
Only applies to Naturally Aspirated Engines your engine isn't Naturally Aspirated so of course it doesn't apply in that case, but I agree especially for a 16 year old a V8 Camaro shouldn't even be considered, if you are only just beginning to drive you will think you are invincible, trust me your not. The maturity of most 25 year olds today is far below that of what it should be.

After all we live in a society where a person can immigrate here from China, Japan, India ETC. and without learning a bit of english become a driving instructor/driving tester, which only serves to help other people that don't understand the rules of our society (not only people that immigrate but the immature douches that worship Jersey Shore, and Pitbull etc that only exist to prove to people/aliens/whatever that we are a f**ked up generation). We do not have strict enough laws for who we let on the road.

A few years ago I was siting at a red light behind two cars and this chinese guy (that either pretended to not speak english or whatever) came speeding out of a Petro-Canada across three lanes of traffic, jumped a curb and rammed into the passenger rear side of my car, which was on the opposite side that he came out of the gas station of. In short he tried to blame me for cutting him off even though I was sitting at the light for 30 seconds before he rammed into my Jeep.

So in conclusion get a Honda Civic SI or some other crappy econobox like a Subaru because at 16 you are not mature enough to drive a fast car.

Last edited by The IOM Ninja; 08-03-2011 at 01:36 AM.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:22 AM   #67
ss=scuba steve

Drives: 2011 1SS Cyber Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011camaroexcited View Post
While I agree with what you said... When I traded in my 2lt for a 2ss my insurance actually went down. I'm sure that wont be the same most of the time but I felt it was worth mentioning. (I'm only 19 by the way)
How is this possible? I'm seriously asking....... did you change companies? Change deductible? Your statement is pretty much not true unless something changed with your policy.....
Old 08-03-2011, 01:40 AM   #68
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
If you can..... better question is why not...............

I have friends that are jealous of me because of my Camaro but at the same time my father worked his ass off so that he could give my sister and I the kind of life he wanted us to have. By the time he was my age he had a Porsche, BMW and Mercedes.

While I agree that everyone has the right to raise their kids the way they feel fit, there is no reason that you should get to criticize someones parenting choices. Just because my dad bought me a Camaro doesn't mean I have no work ethic, how many 19 year old's do you know that are working so that they can buy a house. In this generation not many.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #69
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroaarp View Post
Get the v6. I got one and my LS is 10x better than any v8 on this forum!

lmao. once again, thats your opinion,
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
AAC Afterburners/Sidemarkers
Havoc Black Chrome
5% Tint/20% Smoked Taillights

orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:44 AM   #70
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberLS View Post
get the 1SS so you can race the Is F and get caught and get the cars impounded and license taken away so we have two less idiots on the road.

Lmao amen, thank you.
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
AAC Afterburners/Sidemarkers
Havoc Black Chrome
5% Tint/20% Smoked Taillights

orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, model, transformers