Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-30-2007, 04:38 PM   #1
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
How does the GM Supplier Discount work?

Hey guys,

I just started my new job today and had new hire orientation. They started talking about all of the corporate discounts we get and one of them was the GM Supplier Discount. It did not list exactly what this discount consisted of or how it works though.

Does anyone know if you get a certain percentage off, or is it a certain percentage over invoice?

Can you use it on new models (ie Camaro )?

Any info from someone who has used it in the past would be great.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:40 AM   #2
unkbd

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
I work at a GM plant and I still don't know if they are going to let me use the discount I am eligible for or not. Sometimes on a new hot model they won't let us use our employee discount right away.
unkbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:17 AM   #3
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
My brother receives this on several makes of vehicles, including 'The Big Three'. (lucky ba@tard)

I've only gone with him once a few years back when he was ordering a vehicle. One VERY important thing...DO NOT let the salesperson know you have that at the time you are negotiating. Wait until you get the best possible deal, and then let them know you have this discount.

In my brothers case, I believe they issue him a certificate which he presents at the dealership.

It may not apply to all models either, re; Corvette, new Camaro...not sure.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:09 AM   #4
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
Ok, not sure if i have exactly the same discount. but I just became a GMAC real estate agent. the program works that you can only get one new car every 6 months on it. except certain cars ( solstice Corvette) must be retained for 2 years. You can be the only person listed as the cars owner.

I plan to use it to buy the new camaro. and i know the dealer well.. I'm quite sure they will cut me a good deal after i explain to them the kind of advertising it will be for them.

If you have any questions on the car discount program, please call 800-274-2366. (this is the number listed in my new company info packet)

also if there is anything else i can do to help feel free to contact me here or via email/IM
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:27 PM   #5
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Wait until you get the best possible deal, and then let them know you have this discount.
Very good point!
Old 05-06-2007, 09:28 PM   #6
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
Ok, not sure if i have exactly the same discount. but I just became a GMAC real estate agent. the program works that you can only get one new car every 6 months on it. except certain cars ( solstice Corvette) must be retained for 2 years. You can be the only person listed as the cars owner.

I plan to use it to buy the new camaro. and i know the dealer well.. I'm quite sure they will cut me a good deal after i explain to them the kind of advertising it will be for them.

If you have any questions on the car discount program, please call 800-274-2366. (this is the number listed in my new company info packet)

also if there is anything else i can do to help feel free to contact me here or via email/IM

Yeah, I think that is the same one I am refering to. I guess no one actually knows what kind of discount you actually get though?
Old 05-06-2007, 09:44 PM   #7
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
That's why they give it to you...You know it's there, but you don't know how to use it
Old 05-07-2007, 06:37 PM   #8
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
I figure it's different for every car.

I'm not exactly sure how the discount plays into the haggling process. I would definitely deal with the sales manager not the average joe salesman.

I honestly can't afford to buy a new car at this point so i don't exactly know how much it is.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:33 PM   #9
CamaroLovers
Chevy Luv

Drives: Chevrolet
https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/ip-gmsupplier/
click on FAQ on the top

gotta love the search engines
1986 IROC
1988 Camaro w/LS1
2001 Black Z28
CamaroLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:24 PM   #10
alleykt123
err… MEOW!

Drives: 2005 GTO
Send a message via AIM to alleykt123 Send a message via Yahoo to alleykt123
Wow!

I'm REALLY diigin' your avatar!

Quote:
Motorcycle Cop: Whatcha got in the trunk?
J. Frank Parnell: Oh... You don't wanna look in there.

Repo Man
alleykt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:08 PM   #11
Kahlis
Gotta love this shit!

Drives: 1981 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroLovers View Post

Alright,.. so who has a company code?
Kahlis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:45 AM   #12
ClevelandPlasma

Drives: 2010 Ford Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkbd View Post
I work at a GM plant and I still don't know if they are going to let me use the discount I am eligible for or not. Sometimes on a new hot model they won't let us use our employee discount right away.
Never heard of anything like that. Many members of my family work at GM. I would hold out for a prep car or are they called pep cars.....you know about those cars I am sure right? (The list they have at the GM plants for cars that were used by the big shots for 3000-9000 miles, and about 33%-45% off )
ClevelandPlasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:54 AM   #13
unkbd

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
They are pep cars.....don't hold your breath for one of those though....you might as well be staking out the north pole for signs of santa.
unkbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:19 AM   #14
dgraves

Drives: Avalanche
A company code won't do you any good Kahlis, you also have to have an account username and password.
I have used the GM Supplier discount, on average you save about $2000 - $3000. I have seen Corvettes that the supplier discount was nearly $8000. You can log on and search dealer inventory and look at the supplier price. You can also share the discount... the following is directly from the gm site.

Now, every time you purchase a new GM vehicle with your GM Supplier Discount, you can pass along supplier pricing to a friend or family member for up to one year from your vehicle purchase date.

How does it work?
After you purchase your new GM vehicle, you will receive a confirmation email stating that you're eligible to pass along the savings to a friend or family member. Then, follow the steps below:

Gather your referral's date of birth, the last four digits of their Social Security number and your Company Code
Select "Obtain Authorization" under "Share Your Discount" from the left navigation bar and follow the prompts
Once you obtain an authorization number, your friend or family member will have six months to use it

Last edited by dgraves; 08-14-2007 at 07:34 AM.
dgraves is offline   Reply With Quote