Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-07-2009, 12:23 AM   #43
Yarddawg1987

Drives: CORVETTE
anyone know when we are supposed to get our Camaro5 t-shirts??
Yarddawg1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:48 AM   #44
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
Yea, my thoughts are that gm doesnt make any money without producing and selling cars. Making them exclusive doesnt make gm anymore money. Maybe the dealer by getting a markup but not gm.
There could be some truth to the claim however. Lambo makes like 20 Reventons and sells them for 800000 each over twice a muchi LP 650 the cars are not so different but the exclusivity makes a big dif in price.
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #45
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldpants View Post
There could be some truth to the claim however. Lambo makes like 20 Reventons and sells them for 800000 each over twice a muchi LP 650 the cars are not so different but the exclusivity makes a big dif in price.
Apples to oranges. GM does not get huge margins on their car sales, they rely on volume. GM makes a fixed amount on each Camaro sold, to get more money they need to sell more Camaros. The only ones that can make more by having fewer Camaros out there would be dealers who add on mark-ups.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #46
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
Ew, why are we stuck on that list with a few doodoo cars? Sorry, I won't ever like anything japanese (well, that's a lie, I like a few nissan/infinitis...) and my dad owns an asian car dealership. They're just not exciting and ugly. I don't care about mpg, I don't pay for gas
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #47
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
I dont see how the Camaro is so hard to get I know several lot's here in Maine and back in Indiana that have several of them and have had different ones for a while
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:29 AM   #48
PNYSLAR
Summit White 2012 ZL1 M6

Drives: 2010 BLACK 2SS/RS M6 Delvd 8/24/9
Looks like it just got harder to to get your SS with this internal GM statement.

SS Model Constraint
* A production constraint is currently in place for SS models
(codes 1ES37 and 1ET37). It is expected to last until the end of the model year run.
Whats up with this???????
PNYSLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #49
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrE View Post
Hate to disagree with you, but not all Prius drivers buy it for image. I own a 2004 Prius I use for my 110 mile a day commute. It helps keep the high mileage off of my nice car. Ranting that all Prius owners are the same would be wrong. . Don't put everyone in one basket and assume that this is fact.

Did I buy a Prius to be smug or environmental? Nope. Problem is, most cars in Europe run on Diesel fuel and get better gas mileage than the Prius (and aren't available in the US). But in the US, the Prius is one of the most fuel efficient cars on the market. Besides, I bought mine used . Its not a bad car, it just reminds me of a cheese wedge with generic driving characteristics. . /rant

Now, if GM would kindly make more Camaros so I can place my 2SS order, it would be appreciated.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:40 PM   #50
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
I dont see how the Camaro is so hard to get I know several lot's here in Maine and back in Indiana that have several of them and have had different ones for a while
How long do the cars stay on the lots? Typically a car sits around for a couple months before its sold. I'm guessing at least 1/2 the Camaros sold so far have been ordered and therefore are only at dealers for a day or two. That would put a huge dent in the average lot time for the Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quivs68 View Post
Looks like it just got harder to to get your SS with this internal GM statement.

SS Model Constraint
* A production constraint is currently in place for SS models
(codes 1ES37 and 1ET37). It is expected to last until the end of the model year run.
Whats up with this???????
Brand name supplier issue due to labour laws in another country. They've maxed out their overtime.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #51
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
i think the 3rd gen prius looks pretty good...just waiting for the volt to come blow it out of the water!

and yeah, gotta love top gear.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #52
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
How long do the cars stay on the lots? Typically a car sits around for a couple months before its sold. I'm guessing at least 1/2 the Camaros sold so far have been ordered and therefore are only at dealers for a day or two. That would put a huge dent in the average lot time for the Camaro.
Cant say for sure but I know there's three on the lot now and at least two of them have been for a couple of week's. And they have alway's had at least one out there for sale.
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #53
454chevelle71

Drives: red
??? Camaro 2SS 6sp Shortage??? Not At PADDOCK CHEVROLET

I keep reading that everyone thinks there is shortage of 2SS 6sp manuals in the market! Not true I have 12 sitting at my dealership including TWO transformers edition 2ss. Infact Any Camaro 5 person who buys one from me you'll pay $500 below MSRP. We honor all GM Employees also!! just call Joe Ott. I have 12 instock, 24 coming, 58 waiting to be built this month.
454chevelle71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:30 PM   #54
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrE View Post
Hate to disagree with you, but not all Prius drivers buy it for image. I own a 2004 Prius I use for my 110 mile a day commute. It helps keep the high mileage off of my nice car. Ranting that all Prius owners are the same would be wrong. . Don't put everyone in one basket and assume that this is fact.

Did I buy a Prius to be smug or environmental? Nope. Problem is, most cars in Europe run on Diesel fuel and get better gas mileage than the Prius (and aren't available in the US). But in the US, the Prius is one of the most fuel efficient cars on the market. Besides, I bought mine used . Its not a bad car, it just reminds me of a cheese wedge with generic driving characteristics. . /rant

Now, if GM would kindly make more Camaros so I can place my 2SS order, it would be appreciated.
I agree that not all Prius buyers are the same but they do by in large represent a group and while there are acceptations that does not take away form the fact that there is a demographic the Prius targets. Thats what i was ranting about just as Camaro owners represent a demographic. You can see this because GM uses sales of mustangs to decide its allocation process. Because they show where the demographic of muscle car people are. That does not mean there are not acceptations to us as well but you can't escape there is a group that exists that can be identified.

Last edited by Coldpants; 12-07-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #55
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldpants View Post
I agree that not all Prius buyers are the same but they do by in large represent a group and while there are acceptations that does not take away form the fact that there is a demographic the Prius targets. Thats what i was ranting about just are Camaro owners represent a demographic. You can see this because GM uses sales of mustangs to decide its allocation process. Because the show where the demographic of muscle car people are. That does not mean there are not acceptations to us as well but you can't escape there is a group that exists that can be identified.

By the way you can get the Volkswagen tdi which getter better fuel economy

Last edited by Coldpants; 12-07-2009 at 02:14 PM.