Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-28-2014, 08:31 PM   #1
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Questions: Good NorCal Dealers For Z/28 Service?

I am looking for someone to service my Z/28 when it arrives. I live in a a backwater town, where the dealer sells very few Corvettes and will likely never see a Z/28. The dealership gets poor ratings, so I'd like to find someone who really knows what their doing for service.

I'm looking for a someplace in NorCal between Santa Rosa and Fremont. If anyone can suggest a dealership with a good service department and more experience with cars like the Z/28 and Z06 Corvette, I'd appreciate it!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:38 PM   #2
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
maybe check ls1tech.com or even the corvette forums for a performance shop that knows vettes/camaros and LS engines

i do not know off hand
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:38 PM   #3
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
I would start my research with the dealer in that geographic area that sells the most Stingrays.
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:53 PM   #4
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Thanks, guys, for the input. I think I know two Chevy stores that move a lot of Vettes, so I was going to start there. Neither is close, but I've had enough issues with ham-fisted service techs that I'll gladly drive an hour or more to find someone who knows their stuff...
Old 03-29-2014, 01:12 AM   #5
SinisSick
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 ss
Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista is the best spot to go to. A bit out of ur way east, but def worth it.
SinisSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:06 PM   #6
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisSick View Post
Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista is the best spot to go to. A bit out of ur way east, but def worth it.
Funny you mention them. I was working with Mike Garcia and was one of the first to contact him about ordering a Z/28. After promising to call me back to lock down my order -- and even with several email reminders from me -- he never got back to me so no sale. However, they do seem to specialize in the hotter cars, so that's likely a good place to start.

I think Boardwalk Chevrolet in Redwood City also moves a lot of Corvettes, but I have no idea about their service department...
Old 03-29-2014, 01:11 PM   #7
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Thanks, guys, for the input. I think I know two Chevy stores that move a lot of Vettes, so I was going to start there. Neither is close, but I've had enough issues with ham-fisted service techs that I'll gladly drive an hour or more to find someone who knows their stuff...
If someone blows a dry sump oil change . . . that will not be a good day.
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:45 PM   #8
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisSick View Post
One question; have you used them for service, and for which cars? Also, can you refer me to good service writers and techs at that dealership? Thanks for your help on this...
Old 03-29-2014, 04:09 PM   #9
SinisSick
Account Suspended

Yeah, I cant say much for the sales people as I have never dealt with them, but the service was excellent. They installed my slotted rotors and calipers and did a great job very informative. A lot of local guys here swear by them and I actually drove an hour to them. They do a lot of work on Corvettes.

Rich Willhoff is the guy to talk to. Shoot me a PM and I'll give u his contact info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
One question; have you used them for service, and for which cars? Also, can you refer me to good service writers and techs at that dealership? Thanks for your help on this...
Old 03-30-2014, 06:11 PM   #10
Callaway Chris

Drives: Callaway Corvette
That's a good analogy to look at the Corvette sales history, as several things are shared between the Z06 and Z/28

As with any dealer, interview their service department if you have worries. And if you have another GM Vehicle, perhaps you could give them a shot with tat one first, then your Z.
Callaway Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:31 PM   #11
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Thanks to SinisSick for the reference to Rich at Abel Chevrolet. He just responded to my inquiry, and it really sounds like they know what they're doing:

We can definitely take care of any service related issues with your new Z/28, including all the maintenance and fluid changes. With the Z/28 being introduced as the first car in its category, there is not a lot of historical information to refer to in terms of fluid changed frequency etc. We will have to wait until we get a few of them out of the track to begin using them for reference. If they are anything like the Z06/ZR1 models that are being used on track, brake fluid, transmission fluid and rear differential fluids will be the main areas of focus. We have a lot of experience with Corvettes being used on the race track so the new Z/28 will be a natural fit for us. We have a lot of experience with the Carbon Ceramic brakes, adjustable suspensions, aggressive wheel and tire packages and all the other trick new items the Z/28 is being equipped with.

I will be happy to assist you in any parts related items that you need, including the wheels and tires you want. I run the Service and Parts depts so I can handle anything related to either one. Unfortunately there is no information available for replacement parts or service information in the system yet. If the release of the Z/28 is like that of the other high end releases GM does, we won't have much until the car starts arriving at dealers.

I look forward to chatting more with you and especially in helping you out with the Z/28. I can't wait to see the potential this car has once in the hands of a capable driver on the road course. Please feel free to call or email me with anything that you need.

Rich Willhoff
Service & Parts Director
Abel Chevrolet Buick
Old 03-31-2014, 01:05 PM   #12
SinisSick
Account Suspended

np brotha best of luck
Old 03-31-2014, 05:57 PM   #13
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Yep Abel is the place you want to take it. Their service bays are mostly full of Vette's and the service writer and manager are racer gear heads. It's a bit out of the way but their reputation in Norcal is undisputed. They are the only place I would take my ZL for any needs that should arise. Abel is an excellent example of what a business should be. My travel time there is 1.5 hours.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote