Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 06-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Suggestions for Camaro5 Twitter Account

As a Twitter user, I was excited to see that Camaro5 had a Twitter account, however, I was disappointed to see that it just tweets what is on the homepage. I ended up un-following because there's no point for an active C5 member to follow it. I began thinking about what could be done to improve the C5 Twitter. I believe that a Twitter account for a website should do two things: supplement/compliment the website, and bring new users to the website.

I'm sure that there are plenty of Camaro owners on Twitter who aren't on C5, or haven't even heard of C5. The goal of the C5 Twitter should be to engage these people with content that may or may not be on the website. If they become engaged, they will want to make an account on here and join in on the action. I have found two accounts that do a great job of engaging its audience: Chevy's official Twitter account (@chevrolet) and 5th Gen Camaro News (@Chevy**********). The latter is more of a funny and brash account, but it still does a great job with engaging its audience.

I think that the C5 Twitter should have a more personal touch, and it should engage its audience with news, hot threads on the site, and COTW posts. Social media guys also love their memes, so I think it would be a great to include funny posts from the C5 memes thread. It can also include pictures and discussions from the older gen Camaros for Throw Back Thursday (#TBT), and it can also tweet out some build threads from all of the cool cars on here. The Twitter account can also showcase mods from vendors on the site (possible revenue base there), and it can include free contests and give aways where membership is required to participate. Lastly it can be a great place for the audience to submit polls (RT for ____ Fav for ____) that can be quoted by the account, allowing followers to vote on certain topics such as a modification to their cars.

Overall, I think that the C5 Twitter account has a lot of potential that can go much farther than just Tweeting posts on the homepage. It would also help generate more activity on this site and act as a supplement to Camaro5. Thanks for listening!
Mike

Edit: the censored out name say Chevy Camaro News. I'm not sure why that is blocked out.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote