Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-20-2009, 12:24 AM   #15
TheStig
Tame Racing Driver

Drives: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinZero View Post
Yes it has an auxilary jack.... although i dont know why you wasted your money on an iPod...... the Zune is a much better platform :P (just flippin ya shit )
Wrong, hence why all Zunes crashed at new years. Fail software from a fail company.
TheStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:36 AM   #16
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
Wrong, hence why all Zunes crashed at new years. Fail software from a fail company.
All Zunes didnt crash, only the very first model of Zune... And it was because there was a framework issue. the Zune 2.0's are good to go. they run on .Net which is solid as a rock.

And Sync basically is a computer running a mobil version of Windows with Bluetooth capabilities.

Very cool stuff...
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:11 AM   #17
Hesh

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro Vin 34334
It wasnt even the early zunes that crashed. Only the 30gb zunes were the ones with the problems. No other zune had any problems. Now Back on topic...
Hesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:27 AM   #18
2010 Camaro RS

Drives: 2006 Monte Carlo
The zune market place offers unlimited downloads for like 15 bucks a month with good quality music but ipod on the other hand you have to buy every friggin song on the ipod market place or you could download from limewire but most songs from limewire are crappy quality.
2010 Camaro RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:01 AM   #19
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinZero View Post
the Zune is a much better platform :P (just flippin ya shit )
if it's so great why can't I sync one with my MAC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Camaro RS View Post
The zune market place offers unlimited downloads for like 15 bucks a month with good quality music but ipod on the other hand you have to buy every friggin song on the ipod market place or you could download from limewire but most songs from limewire are crappy quality.
yes but for that $15 you can keep 10 at the end of the month

I don't know why but my posts seem irritated today
09'Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:19 AM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
the Zune is a much better platform :P (just flippin ya shit )
Try Creative Zen X-FI. Just got one. B@D@SS!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:39 AM   #21
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
I also have to say after purchasing 4 iPods..... NEVER AGAIN!!! EVER!!!!

Also, isnt the USB slot to plug in your flash drives with mp3 muzac on it? Better be!!!! I will be sooooooo dissapointed if not.
I dont want to use CDs in the car, so cumbersome, when I can put 4,000 songs on a 16GB USB drive. That should do for a long drive dont ya think?

PS: Dont tell me when you plug in an Ipod in the USB slot of the car its gonna say "Install iTunes before proceeding" LOL!!
Old 01-20-2009, 07:45 AM   #22
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
PS: Dont tell me when you plug in an Ipod in the USB slot of the car its gonna say "Install iTunes before proceeding" LOL!!
No it should just say something like connected to Camaro or Chevrolet or something. It would be sweet if a pic of a camaro comes up.

And why all the hate on iPods i have a first gen nano and still use the thing every day in my car love it and iTunes is so much better then WMP I installed windows 7 on my comp. and had to put all the songs back on iTunes and wmp it took iTunes prob about 30 min to add all the songs so then i put them on wmp I started around 1am and just let it go went to it the next day at 1pm and was still loading the songs that bs
I would kill for a gale banks diesel powered camaro. I would have so much torque and power that whenever I go to parades I would be physically able to throw torque out the window like candy for the kids.
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:19 AM   #23
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
This is turning into a iPod vs. Zune thread. But I will say this. Jesus uses an iPod.
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:26 AM   #24
Rocks RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
I got the C&C package just for the USB option.

Sporting MRT V1, Hurst short throw, and Injen long tube and loving it!!!

Also, over 125,000 miles and going.
Rocks RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:33 AM   #25
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
way to jack the thread! the IOM interior has the panels, stitching, & seats. the GMPP IOM trim kit is just orange panels
LOL! Thanks man. I didn't want to ressurect an old thread.
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:33 AM   #26
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
The USB port in the Camaro should read MP3's on portable USB drives. Which, imo, is the best way to go in the car. If you happen to leave it in the car in scorching heat or freezing cold it's less likely to be damaged than an MP3 Player (be it a Zune or iPod).

That said, the ONLY iPod I would own (and I got one for Christmas) is the Touch. The interface to control the Touch is so much more intuitive than that horrible wheel on regular iPods. I despise regular iPods.

I won't use iTunes to purchase music though. When I purchase a song I should be able to use it on anything I want, not just the iPod. So I download from Amazon.com and I get the MP3 file that can go in anything, and it automatically get's picked up by iTunes to go in my Touch.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:58 AM   #27
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
uh... this is a MIDI cable

i think you're talking about a normal 1/8" stereo cable

this lets you just tap into the sound system, using the player's controls.

if you have the C&C package or a 2LT or 2SS, you can use the normal iPod cable (or equivalent USB cable for your device) to use the car's controls with the device.
I think he meant MINI plug..yes 1/8th inch...MP3 playback jack..just plug er in and go.
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:29 AM   #28
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
The USB port in the Camaro should read MP3's on portable USB drives. Which, imo, is the best way to go in the car. If you happen to leave it in the car in scorching heat or freezing cold it's less likely to be damaged than an MP3 Player (be it a Zune or iPod).
This is best if you have a small library but if you have more then 4 gigs of music you'll need to use an mp3 player. In my experience any portable usb drive larger then 4 gigs don't last very long and external hard drives are not designed to be used everyday and will typically break after a year if used this way.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote