Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #323
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOBY J View Post
again:
you drive a car around a track and that makes you an EXPERT about people being posers or their every day driving choices for cars they choose or drive? too funny considering 90% will never see a track
poser to me = a guy with a boxster pretending it's a 911.

So driving a Z28 and not tracking = poser owning a 4 door porsche = poser ???

i'm confused by your car assumptions, they seem be like the following scenario.
example: a GTR IS A GREAT TRACK CAR but makes a POOR every day driver
for most. However using the logic you seem to be projecting that would be a great everyday driver because it goes around a track well

I'm sorry to be in a discussion with a guy who's an "expert" such as yourself.
Toby you're not winning here. You called him out badly by accusing him of just playing video games and being clueless. He handed your head back to you on a platter. All this "I'm confused" posturing isn't saving face for you, it's just making you look like a troll.

Your accusation was wrong, just admit it and move on.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #324
TOBY J

Drives: BLOWN CAMARO SS PORSCHE PANNY TURBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Toby you're not winning here. You called him out badly by accusing him of just playing video games and being clueless. He handed your head back to you on a platter. All this "I'm confused" posturing isn't saving face for you, it's just making you look like a troll.

Your accusation was wrong, just admit it and move on.
sorry you feel that way. it's not the way i see it.
he is speaking only about TRACKING cars and not real world driving.
was my GTR analogy not clear enough?
the point of calling people "posers" who don't track their cars is complete lunacy.
i get it, he drives on a track but that doesn't mean he's "god" when speaking about everyday comforts-speed-driving experience while not being on a track.
sorry if you disagree but i don't see it any other way.
thx
i'm just speaking my mind and he handed me what?posting track videos (deleting other stuff in his original post... about wannabes and other garbage)
does that make him an expert on what makes a great car for people who don't wanna track?
sorry sounds a bit like "sour grapes"
NO SEAT TIME IN EITHER CAR but speaking like he knows from experience
and convenient HE edited the post that said "about Z28/CAMARO owners being "clueless".
I'm done debating what was "erased" and l' m sure it'll make you feel better so get the last word in on this.
Again i'll be the bigger person here and say have a nice weekend and good luck on the track runs.

Last edited by TOBY J; 04-28-2013 at 04:12 PM.
TOBY J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #325
THEKING

Drives: 2011 CAMARO SS AUDI S5
Quote:
the point of calling people "posers" who don't track their cars is complete lunacy.
i get it, he drives on a track but that doesn't mean he's "god" when speaking about everyday comforts-speed-driving experience while not being on a track.
thx
i'm just speaking my mind and he handed me what?posting track videos (deleting other stuff in his original post... about wannabes and other garbage)
does that make him an expert on what makes a great car for people who don't wanna track?
This the best post you've had in this thread. I would just leave it at that and move on with the points you've made. Please let's now get back to the original thread title.
THEKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #326
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
thx

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #327
orthojoe

Drives: Subaru BRZ, Porsche Boxster Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
I'm not so sure about "never". They definitely will wear more/quicker during tracking, which is pretty obvious.
Here is a statement I found online, and they are taking about a Ferrari here, but you get the point; “This feature means that the wear resistance of Carbon Ceramic Material guarantees an approximate disc life of 150,000 km (93,000 miles) for road use and 2,000 km (2,400 miles) for extreme track use (e.g. Ferrari Challenge),” Michelini said.
Not that you should believe every and anything you read online, but just a quick search brought me that.
Here is the web page if interested,
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...ic-brakes.html
You're right. A carbon ceramic setup on the street may eventually wear out. It would like a long time, though. 93k street and 2.4k track sounds right to me.

Quote:
again:
you drive a car around a track and that makes you an EXPERT about people being posers or their every day driving choices for cars they choose or drive? too funny considering 90% will never see a track
poser to me = a guy with a boxster pretending it's a 911.
Wow. I expected 911 snobbery from a cars and coffee guy on the Porsche forum, but not on a camaro forum. You caught me by surprise there. You're only digging yourself a deeper hole by making comments like that. A mid-engined car is better balanced than a rear setup. Is a 911 faster? Yes. However, I wouldn't expect a poser to understand that at the amateur level, it's all about the driver and not the car.

You're really starting to babble and not make any sense...

Quote:
So driving a Z28 and not tracking = poser owning a 4 door porsche = poser ???
Yes. You learn quick. I may have misjudged you.

Quote:
i'm confused by your car assumptions, they seem be like the following scenario.
example: a GTR IS A GREAT TRACK CAR but makes a POOR every day driver
for most. However using the logic you seem to be projecting that would be a great everyday driver because it goes around a track well
What? Why are we talking about GTRs now? You've lost it, man. Before you accuse me of only driving GTRs in a video game, I've driven them on the street and the track. I've got videos of me tracking a GTR that I can show you too, but I'll spare you.

Quote:
What do you mean by 'real world' driving? Driving to cars and coffee? You do realize that's not what the Z/28 was built for, right? I still don't get your GTR analogy, but the GTR is a decent daily driver. I have friends that do just that with them as well as track them.

Quote:
Poser is probably a bit harsh, but you left me no choice when you accused me of being a video gamer. Why are we talking about everyday comforts in a Z/28 thread? It's meant for the track. Are you one of the whiners about lack of A/C because it won't be comfortable on your way to cars and coffee?

Quote:
Your mind accused me of video games. I proved you seriously wrong. I'll say it AGAIN. I deleted nothing. My original post was less inflammatory. I decided I was being too nice to you and ADDED more. You are imagining things at this point.

Quote:
We're in a Z/28 thread, right? If I'm not, then I must apologize because I'm in the wrong place.

Quote:
sounds like someone got their head handed to them on a platter.

Quote:
NO SEAT TIME IN EITHER CAR but speaking like he knows from experience
I've got seat and track time in a Panamera too. Admittedly I don't have video of it because it wasn't worth my time. You GOT me. I don't have seat time in the new Z/28. However, neither does anybody here.

Quote:
and convenient HE edited the post that said "about Z28/CAMARO owners being "clueless".
Keep on imagining. I never said camaro owners were clueless....certain people...

Quote:
Again i'll be the bigger person here and say have a nice weekend and good luck on the track runs.
Thanks. Have fun at cars and coffee.
orthojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #328
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
OK Orthojoe you win! Back to our regularly scheduled program...
Old 04-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #329
orthojoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
OK Orthojoe you win! Back to our regularly scheduled program...
Ok, I'll shut up now.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #330
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthojoe View Post
Ok, I'll shut up now.
So at what price point do you think GM/Chevy will list this Z/28 at? I think you obviously believe this will be a great performing vehicle on a road course. It's still early in the game to see how well it will do, seeing as we are all waiting for the results from the 'ring to come in. How much of an impact of the results will that create on that price point?

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #331
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Ok, I'll shut up now.
Just thought of something <lightbulb>. The Z/28 will (presumably) cost somewhere right around what a new Boxster Spyder costs (well, if you could still find a new one). Give or take, right about. Interesting...

500+ HP
320 HP

No torque/Scads of torque.

2900 lbs/3800 lbs

Mid engine/Front engine.

I'm not saying in any form or fashion one or the other is better/worse. I used to own a Boxster Spyder as well and loved to track it just like Joe loves to do. Here we are both looking at Z/28 for track use. Crazy stuff. Must be some primal attraction of that stonking, high-revving 427ci V8.

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #332
orthojoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
So at what price point do you think GM/Chevy will list this Z/28 at? I think you obviously believe this will be a great performing vehicle on a road course. It's still early in the game to see how well it will do, seeing as we are all waiting for the results from the 'ring to come in. How much of an impact of the results will that create on that price point?
My guess is $65k. Agree that the actual performance numbers are still out, as well as track reliability. However, the promise of a trackable car at a reasonable price has brought me here. I am also considering the new C7 with Z51 package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
Just thought of something <lightbulb>. The Z/28 will (presumably) cost somewhere right around what a new Boxster Spyder costs (well, if you could still find a new one). Give or take, right about. Interesting...

500+ HP
320 HP

No torque/Scads of torque.

2900 lbs/3800 lbs

Mid engine/Front engine.

I'm not saying in any form or fashion one or the other is better/worse. I used to own a Boxster Spyder as well and loved to track it just like Joe loves to do. Here we are both looking at Z/28 for track use. Crazy stuff. Must be some primal attraction of that stonking, high-revving 427ci V8.

Very different cars. No plans on getting rid of the spyder ever. Too special of a car to me. I would agree that the price points will likely be similar too. In the right hands I've got to believe that the z/28 would destroy my boxster spyder on a track, though. The question is, can I handle the z/28?
Old 04-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #333
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
The question is, can I handle the z/28?
I'm thinking you might need to soften the right foot

Then again...the Z will have that 7 position traction control.

Hmmmm...
Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #334
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
My guess is $65k. Agree that the actual performance numbers are still out, as well as track reliability. However, the promise of a trackable car at a reasonable price has brought me here. I am also considering the new C7 with Z51 package.

Very different cars. No plans on getting rid of the spyder ever. Too special of a car to me. I would agree that the price points will likely be similar too. In the right hands I've got to believe that the z/28 would destroy my boxster spyder on a track, though. The question is, can I handle the z/28?
I believe that Chevrolet has moved it up a few notchs with these new offerings. A lot of value in these cars!
Old 04-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #335
orthojoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I believe that Chevrolet has moved it up a few notchs with these new offerings. A lot of value in these cars!
Which is why I am here.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #336
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
Quote:

First off - those videos were pretty sweet

I am potentially in the same boat. C7 or Camaro 1LE/ZL1/Z/28.

I am curious to see what the price point is for the Z/28. A C7 with Z51 is something like 54,000? At what point do people walk away from the Z/28 to the Corvette as a track car?

The LT1 rumors say 450-500hp. It is a few hundred pounds lighter (possibly) and the difference in price could be spent on brake upgrades and tires.

At 69k, I would probably walk over to the Corvette.
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote