Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #15
fourohfive

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
A quick update...

I was contacted by GM customer service next day. The person who contacted me said she would contact dealership service manager and give me a call back. I spoke with her again today. She said she talked to service manager who told her they could not do anything unless my car gives a code. GM customer service said I should appreciate the dealership's answer because, as the dealership told her, without a code they wouldn't know what to fix; and my camaro has ran fine the four times I had it into the dealership.

This is very frusterating. She did say the dealership will look at my camaro again, but still can't do anything without a code. I have taken many videos of the problem. I am going to take my camaro to another dealership now to see if they can come up with anything. If not, I guess I will continue to follow the esculation procedures in this forum.
fourohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:34 AM   #16
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
So, I guess they cant replace a tire because it doesnt give a code? Fix a scratch in the paint because it doesnt give a code? Hogwash!
Go find that other dealer.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #17
SirPhobos1
STAY PUFT

Drives: Gone
I honestly don't know that this event will throw a code. If I get a chance, I'll take mine in to a dealer and see if I can get a code to help figure this out, since it sounds like we're both having the same issue.

Part of me is leaning towards engine immobilizer, part of me is leaning towards something to do with the alarm not fully deactivating. These are just guesses, however.

It's definitely not the keys, (at least, my issue isn't) since we have three keys and it does the same thing for each of them.

SirPhobos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #18
fourohfive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPhobos1 View Post
I might have a similar problem.. Here's a quick video I made of one instance where the car wouldn't start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLKM4aDa5jk

Sometimes the light blinks, sometimes it doesn't. I notice that when this happens, if I take the key out, and lock the car, the horn sound is very quick and the red dash light blinks very...oddly.

So far, I have no definite cause of this problem. Everything I try to troubleshoot it has lead me nowhere. Sometimes I get in the car and it starts on the first try, sometimes it's several tries. It happens with every key that we have.

Hope this helps, somehow. Let me know what you find out!
Mine was finally fixed. Service paperwork states, "Found theft module failed setting DTC B3055. Not seeing either keys"

I hope this helps!

Thank you everybody for the time and replies!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #19
SirPhobos1
STAY PUFT

If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost to have fixed? Also, what did you tell the shop to check to finally get them to realize you had an issue?

Old 10-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #20
fourohfive

I didn't have to pay anything because it was still under warranty. My car wasn't starting at least a few times a week. The dealership kept the car more than a few hours (it took five days for them to duplicate the problem), so I didn't have to tell them anything. I showed them video of it happening. They didn't care to see the video. They just wanted a code.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #21
SirPhobos1
STAY PUFT

Ah-ha. Well, I'll have to take mine in and see if they can duplicate it. Hoping you don't encounter this problem again!

Old 10-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #22
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Ah-ha. Well, I'll have to take mine in and see if they can duplicate it. Hoping you don't encounter this problem again!

Please let us know how your service appointment goes. We are available at your convenience if you have any post concerns.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 10-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #23
fourohfive

Quote:
Good luck!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #24
Couture78

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT in Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I apologize for the inconveniences that you may be experiencing! If you would like, I can research the issue you are experiencing by setting up a case with GM customer service. Please PM me with your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership!

Brandon
I am currently experiencing the same problem, all power is gone I can't open the car withy the alarm fob, and sometimes the key just gets stuck in the ignition while all power is gone, it used to happen every now and then but it's happened the last two days in a row. Making me late to work and school. It's really scary to know I bought an unreliable vehicle. What should I do? It's a 2011 camaro lt and it currently has just over 47,000. I bought it used at about 44,000 miles, am I stuck with a lemon?
Couture78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #25
Couture78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrcr3 View Post
It sounds to me like it's the anti theft system. I believe there is an rfid tag in the key. When you put the key in the ignition the computer verifies that the key matches the car, and if they don't, it disables it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
I was thinking the same thing until this morning because when I stepped away from the car and locked it, it did not honk, then when I tried to get back in it wouldn't open back up, it took me about 15 minutes to figure out I could get in with the actual key. I then preceded to pull the seat down,rear to crawl into the trunk to see if I could open it from the inside, since all power was gone, once I popped the trunk from the inside the power came back and I was able to start the car like normal. I just hate that I bought my first used vehicle in over 7 years and now I have car insecurity!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #26
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couture78 View Post
I am currently experiencing the same problem, all power is gone I can't open the car withy the alarm fob, and sometimes the key just gets stuck in the ignition while all power is gone, it used to happen every now and then but it's happened the last two days in a row. Making me late to work and school. It's really scary to know I bought an unreliable vehicle. What should I do? It's a 2011 camaro lt and it currently has just over 47,000. I bought it used at about 44,000 miles, am I stuck with a lemon?

We address every vehicle concern on a case by case basis. I would suggest setting up an appointment with a dealership and letting me know the outcome.

Brandon
Old 02-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #27
Couture78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
We address every vehicle concern on a case by case basis. I would suggest setting up an appointment with a dealership and letting me know the outcome.

Brandon
Thank you, however we found the problem, for some reason the positive cable was loose on the battery. Thanks for the reply though.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:23 AM   #28
SirPhobos1
STAY PUFT

I finally have an update on this. After several hours of troubleshooting in the shop, without the techs able to reproduce, they finally were able to figure out it was the theft module. At least, that's what they're going by. I'll find out for sure after tomorrow when it's replaced.