Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Are you tired of regurgitated Z28 polls?
YES - STOP IT!!! 48 45.28%
No - If there's a chance it'll do good, I want to be heard 38 35.85%
I don't give a shifter either way 22 20.75%
Z twenty-what?... 12 11.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2009, 04:22 PM   #15
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I'd agree with that. Perhaps, that's why I feel like smaller engines don't really fit it. Back in the day, a person could order up to 427 ci; the largest engine in the GM line-up and the most powerful. I guess that's why I default to that feeling now. I don't think I'm quite forward-thinking enough to accept a significantly smaller engine in Z28; that may be my biggest hang-up.
but a DI engine might be a smaller DI engine but still an 8 count
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:41 PM   #16
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
but a DI engine might be a smaller DI engine but still an 8 count
I didn't want to say I was talking about any ideas of a TI-4 or even a TTV-6; sorry. Yeah - I'm not going to beesh too much about a smaller DI V8; let's not make it smaller than a 5-liter though

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #17
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I didn't want to say I was talking about any ideas of a TI-4 or even a TTV-6; sorry. Yeah - I'm not going to beesh too much about a smaller DI V8; let's not make it smaller than a 5-liter though
5.7L? lol.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:50 PM   #18
radz28
Petro-sexual

Okay, not smaller than a 4.9L (i.e. 302 ci). 5.7L sounds plenty good to me. LT-1, LT-1, LS1, LS6; shoot; can't go wrong with that one

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 11-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #19
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post

As much as I hate to admit it Im getting burned out on it also.......

I am as well, however I believe GM pays attention to us (we are a huge targeted audience for free(GM should be back flipping over us)) and for this reason I will continue to both post an start threads.

Any comments Number 3?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #20
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I am as well, however I believe GM pays attention to us (we are a huge targeted audience for free(GM should be back flipping over us)) and for this reason I will continue to both post an start threads.

Any comments Number 3?
That is my thinking and exactly why I'm doing the same. Hey - there's nothing wrong with discussion on sharing of thoughts

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 11-07-2009, 07:06 PM   #21
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
Quote:

Any comments Number 3?
Amen to that! And I'll add that a DI 4.9L with a handling package would work just fine for me. LOL, I post alot about the "Z" but a lot has changed since I was a younger man buying my Z-28 in 1984...like the high price of the cars...I'll be lucky to eventually get a 1SS, add a CAI, an exhaust swap, and add Pedders suspension parts.

...unless GM gives me a cheaper 1LE option. Sorry, I just had to say it again!
Old 11-08-2009, 12:33 AM   #22
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
I only tire from the posts when the people who post the most don't even own a Camaro yet...much less actaully want/buy a Z/28!

I have my car, supercharger and a few other goodies...there is little if any chance I could buy a Z/28...there is little chance most on this site who have a Camaro already would/could trade it/up for a Z/28.

I guess my point is...while there is a lot of talk here about the Z/28, I honestly wonder how many people here, on Camaro5, would actually buy one, could afford one, or would trade their current Camaro for one? Not many I don't think...it's like asking a kid what do you want in your chocolate...you're going to get answers, but not alot of eaters!

I hope it does eventually come out...I think heritage wise it's a good move. But, stick to the heritage of the Z/28 and make it an all around track type car. The SS is, was and always will be the higher hp of the two...the fastest in a straight line as well.

My opinion...bash away!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:17 AM   #23
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Show me the thread with production photos!!!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:07 PM   #24
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
I only tire from the posts when the people who post the most don't even own a Camaro yet

Nobody here has a 5th Gen Z/28.... So should we not talk about it?

Last edited by ShnOmac; 11-08-2009 at 12:28 PM.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #25
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I selected all of the poll options because I do feel that there are plenty of threads for this sort of discussion and new ones should stop but I feel that they are useful for expressing Camaro5's collective interest in a particular product. I also feel that the idea of a Z28 is so specific that Z[insert performance badge] may be a better description when considering the high-performance history of the Camaro ZL1 as well as the race-inspired Z28.

This site has thousands of threads. If you don't like Z28 discussions, talk about something else. If you do want to talk about the Z28, use the search because there is likely an existing thread to discuss your thoughts. If you don't know what a Z28 is, please go away.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #26
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post

Nobody here has a 5th Gen Z/28.... So should we not talk about it?
I'm with you!

If your contemplating go away? WTH!
Old 11-08-2009, 06:01 PM   #27
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I selected all of the poll options because I do feel that there are plenty of threads for this sort of discussion and new ones should stop but I feel that they are useful for expressing Camaro5's collective interest in a particular product. I also feel that the idea of a Z28 is so specific that Z[insert performance badge] may be a better description when considering the high-performance history of the Camaro ZL1 as well as the race-inspired Z28.

This site has thousands of threads. If you don't like Z28 discussions, talk about something else. If you do want to talk about the Z28, use the search because there is likely an existing thread to discuss your thoughts. If you don't know what a Z28 is, please go away.
Many Threads & Polls evolve with new information. However, some have posted Polls that are very much like existing Polls.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #28
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I voted yes and no. I want it to stop ... but I'll voice my opinion anyway. lol.

Honestly though, doesn't it take you back to the good 'ole days of the site? Where there was nothing but speculation? And we couldn't agree on which car would have the most performance so we went with "base V8" and "top dog" in place of "SS" and "Z28"

good times

Quote:
Many Threads & Polls evolve with new information. However, some have posted Polls that are very much like existing Polls.
perhaps we should create a poll, asking if people like responding to new polls regarding the Z28
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote