Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #519
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Thanks Ofer! Can't wait to get this installed!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #520
ss/rs-matt

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Wouldn't a larger reservoir than the GTO one be a better option? I would think more fluid would provide better cooling capacity to help prevent boiling.

ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #521
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss/rs-matt View Post
Wouldn't a larger reservoir than the GTO one be a better option? I would think more fluid would provide better cooling capacity to help prevent boiling.
That might be true if the fluid circulated around the whole system, but I think the fluid does not move around much. Just like the brake system there is no return of the fluid back to the reservoir.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #522
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Another reservoir installed today by IDEALG use my location and you don't need to buy a longer hose. here's a few pics I did the yellow one today and the orange one a week or two ago.
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #523
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Use spacers like these from Lowes and you won't need a longer hose.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #524
RichieSSZ28
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS & 14' Sierra Z71
I couldn't make it through the entire thread due to being on a Slow internet server at work. But has anyone had any trouble like the Clutch fluid loss and being you have seperate resevoir the sensor not catching it??Possibly burning up the clutch or somethg else. Anyhow it would leave you stranded. I don't race nor drive my car often so I would hope to see fluid leak in the garage after a run. But unfortunately I have had guess under my hood(rats) and didn't eat up anything but you just never know. I check each time I ride bc my car stays under a cover for 4-5 wks all the time. I want to add this to my car as I see it is a good upgrade to maintain clean brake fluid and able to flush your clutch fluid and not have to worry about all the bleeding and stuff for brakes each time. Just surious to know if this has been a issue or anything. I'm sure the GTO has an extra sensor for this. or any car that comes equipped with a seperate reservoir.
SLP 1-3/4" LT Headers, 3" High flow cats,MGW short throw shifter with Orange SS, Magnaflow 2.5" Street series aggressive full system exhaust with 4" Tips, MGW Short throw shifter, K&N CAI, SLP 160 thermostat, Diablo Sport Tune by SLP, Sinister Street scene Package, Custom Two Tone paint scheme(Pearl black and Inferno Orange) by Owens Customizing, Two tone Engine cover, 22" Gianelle Cuba 10 matte black with ball cut details, Vredestein SUV assanta tires 265/35 and 315/30.
RichieSSZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #525
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieSSZ28 View Post
I couldn't make it through the entire thread due to being on a Slow internet server at work. But has anyone had any trouble like the Clutch fluid loss and being you have seperate resevoir the sensor not catching it??Possibly burning up the clutch or somethg else. Anyhow it would leave you stranded. I don't race nor drive my car often so I would hope to see fluid leak in the garage after a run. But unfortunately I have had guess under my hood(rats) and didn't eat up anything but you just never know. I check each time I ride bc my car stays under a cover for 4-5 wks all the time. I want to add this to my car as I see it is a good upgrade to maintain clean brake fluid and able to flush your clutch fluid and not have to worry about all the bleeding and stuff for brakes each time. Just surious to know if this has been a issue or anything. I'm sure the GTO has an extra sensor for this. or any car that comes equipped with a seperate reservoir.
Not sure what you mean by :
"But has anyone had any trouble like the Clutch fluid loss and being you have separate resevoir the sensor not catching it?"
If you lost all or most of the clutch hydraulic fluid, your clutch wouldn't work correctly and or the transmission would be hard to or impossible to shift.
The separate reservoir for the clutch hydraulic system has many benefits including keeping clutch dust out of the braking reservoir and ease of flushing the clutch hydraulic system to name two. Having clean DOT 3 or DOT 4 in the clutch hydraulic system improves clutch operation and shifting. I no of no good reason why anyone would allow any contamination of any kind in the brake hydraulic system and the stock shared clutch/brake reservoir does just that by permitting cross contamination of brake and clutch dust in the single reservoir. I have measured the DOT4 fluid temperature in my separate clutch reservoir and it has been consistently higher than the brake DOT 4 fluid. Keeping the brake fluid cooler is required especially if you drive the car hard like during track conditions. I'm been trying to figure a way to provide cooling for the clutch hydraulic system as I know that will benefit clutch and transmission operation.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #526
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
What is everyone using for the neoprene plug on the brake fluid reservoir? I got mine at AutoZone and I discovered that I get small amount of brake fluid leaking out of the tip of the plug. I think it's the seam on the plug that's leaking. It has happened with 2 different plugs. I should have taken pics but I cleaned it off and installed a 1/2" plug over the 3/8 plug for now. Any ideas?
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #527
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
What is everyone using for the neoprene plug on the brake fluid reservoir? I got mine at AutoZone and I discovered that I get small amount of brake fluid leaking out of the tip of the plug. I think it's the seam on the plug that's leaking. It has happened with 2 different plugs. I should have taken pics but I cleaned it off and installed a 1/2" plug over the 3/8 plug for now. Any ideas?

I believe napa sells the EPDM Rubber plugs you need. little screw type hose clamps are usually too big to tighten up that small so I use zip ties to tighten the plug.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #528
flht99b

I have a bunch of the EPDM plugs in the correct size for the brake master cylinder. Bought them in bulk for the GTO remote reservoir install kit I sell. I too use a small zip tie to secure the EPDM plug ( the EPDM plug fits so well it really isn't needed ). PM me if you need the EPDM plugs or anything else.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #529
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by flht99b View Post
I have a bunch of the EPDM plugs in the correct size for the brake master cylinder. Bought them in bulk for the GTO remote reservoir install kit I sell. I too use a small zip tie to secure the EPDM plug ( the EPDM plug fits so well it really isn't needed ). PM me if you need the EPDM plugs or anything else.
Ed M.
PM sent! Thanks!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #530
flht99b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
PM sent! Thanks!
2 - EPDM plugs sent.
Ed M.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #531
RogerBzSS

Drives: 11 IBM n White 2SS/RS M6

Well guys I purchased this Ring Bros Billet reservoir for JRE to install with my ideal G master cylinder

the Ring Bros Billet reservoir appears to piss out fluid out the top of the housing..

I just got a call from Ted @ JRE giving me bad news about my beautiful billet Housing that has for ever problem of pissing fluid every time the clutch is depressed

as there is no inner baffle like from any typical master cylinder resivoir to hold brake fluid or separate the fluid from the atmosphere

I have few hours of Ted's time to machine a new kewl housing and get it installed and bled and it pissed out fluid upon first push of the clutch.

It make me mad that this reservoir is not what we need for a remote reservoir and COST me hours to find out it will not work as expected!!!!

Had Ted order up 92065790 - RESERVOIR

Last edited by RogerBzSS; 06-27-2012 at 04:36 PM.
RogerBzSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #532
flht99b

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBzSS View Post

Well guys I purchased this Ring Bros Billet reservoir for JRE to install with my ideal G master cylinder

the Ring Bros Billet reservoir appears to piss out fluid out the top of the housing..

I just got a call from Ted @ JRE giving me bad news about my beautiful billet Housing that has for ever problem of pissing fluid every time the clutch is depressed

as there is no inner baffle like from any typical master cylinder resivoir to hold brake fluid or separate the fluid from the atmosphere

I have few hours of Ted's time to machine a new kewl housing and get it installed and bled and it pissed out fluid upon first push of the clutch.

It make me mad that this reservoir is not what we need for a remote reservoir and COST me hours to find out it will not work as expected!!!!

Had Ted order up 92065790 - RESERVOIR
Sorry to hear that beautiful reservoir didn't work out as planned. Upside is the GTO reservoir is off national back order and you should have one very quickly. I just received 4 from my local dealer after waiting several weeks for them. Now I wish I bought the remote clutch bleeder line that a C5 member was making/selling here last year that can be installed without removing the transmission. It appears the Tick performance version requires the trans to be pulled to install.
Ed M.