Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 01-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #1
12camaroSS

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
Waiting on the sct.. What to expect 😏

Well I finally did it, put the car up for a bit, getting the wheels powdercoated black, sprayed red calipers, and ordered a sct x3 from jannetty racing! I can't wait to see what tune I get back from Ted. After all of the good reviews on here about there cars, made me buy one! What to expect when I get the programmer, download info from my car, send it to ted and get it back? I have a blackwing intake setup and slp exhaust. What gains will I see from someone's experience? It's a 2012 camaro ss with ls3 manual Thanks!
Attached Images

12camaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Isn't sct coming out with a new programmer in early2014?
Old 01-03-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
Yes,the SCT X4. In early 2014 the X4 will be replacing the current industry standard, the X3. SCT’s X4 adds many new features and greater functionality compared to the current model.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:21 PM   #4
12camaroSS

Dang

Well maybe I should've waited to get the tuner then, I had to buy something because the dealer said my engine was getting to much air with my blackwing cold air intake? Said it was running lean.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:15 AM   #5
LS1hawk

Drives: 11 SGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12camaroSS View Post
Well maybe I should've waited to get the tuner then, I had to buy something because the dealer said my engine was getting to much air with my blackwing cold air intake? Said it was running lean.
You'll be fine. For what most use it for the current one is fine. It's just a way to transfer your new tune which it will do perfectly. Ted is very quick at getting back the tune. Enjoy!!
Old 01-06-2014, 06:15 AM   #6
randy's2012

Drives: 2SS/RS, supercharged LS3
I need a 1 on 1 lesson on how to use my SCT programmer. I got the programmer from the tuner as part of the package when they did the dyno tune. I looked at the instructions that are on the disk that comes with the tuner but they are not user frendly at all. Anyone know where I can get better instruction on how to use the programmer?
randy's2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:24 PM   #7
12camaroSS

Awesome, hopefully it will work out good for me then, I can't wait to see what red has coming for me! Noticeable gains then huh?
Old 01-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #8
Smartguy

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
Yes,the SCT X4. In early 2014 the X4 will be replacing the current industry standard, the X3. SCT’s X4 adds many new features and greater functionality compared to the current model.
What new features and functionalities? It seems it's the same features and functionalities but is smaller with a better display. It also has built in wifi for software updates which I could car less about because your still going to need to plug into a PC to load a tune.

Sct4 is the same device with same features with a new color display, smaller, and wifi. It operates the same

The device itself is really just a middle man that get files from PC to educate, the. Ecu data back to pc

OP- your good. Same tune can go on a sct3 as an sct 4.

I wouldn't expect to see the sct 4 available until April or so.
Smartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:23 PM   #9
12camaroSS

Ok cool, so I'm waiting for it in the mail. Then just get the tune from Ted!ets see the magic work! Thanks!
Old 01-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #10
12camaroSS

The tuner just came in, but my car is sitting on jack stands while my rims get coated, so is it still ok if I roll the window down, plug up the tuner, and shut the door and download the stock file that way??
Old 01-10-2014, 11:15 AM   #11
2SSCAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto
The car being on jack stands or not does not have any effect on uploading or downloading tune files. Before you do anything, first become familiar with the handheld. Go to the SCT web site and download the current version of Livelink and SCT Device Updater. After your software is fully updated, then upload your stock tune file to the tool and also save it to your computer hard drive (and even a USB drive). Make sure your battery voltage is normal and do not have any aftermarket devices powered up when uploading or downloading files. Make sure the tool cord is plugged in tightly and NEVER interrupt the writing process or you could damage the ECM.

Just livin' life
2SSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote