Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 12-09-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
dframptonot
Banned

Drives: 1SS/RS Sunroof Blue Striping IBM
How long do you guys think it will take to receive my Camaro? Responses appreciated.

I live in New Jersey, and am wondering how long you all think it may take to get my Camaro? The order will be submitted to Chevrolet from my dealer this upcoming Tuesday-12/15/09.
I am ordering a 1SS/RS Package Imperial Blue Metallic with White Rally stripes, and sunroof.

How long do you guys think it will take? I know this question has been asked several other times, but i cant find anything recent. I guess Im hoping it is quick, seeing as how Im only getting a 1SS, and just a few small upgrades, and i don't think many people are ordering these in the winter. But im just curious. Any specific date you experts think?

All responses will be appreciated! To keep camaro5.com clutter free I will delete this post after a few responses.

THANKS!
dframptonot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #2
Buby2

Drives: 2003 Eclipse & 2010 2LT SW Camaro
First of all I don't know where your buying it from and if your getting the MSRP price.
If not then I suggest going to Lancaster PA. I bought a summit white 2LT and it took like 7 weeks. Good Luck
Buby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:32 PM   #3
Darqueling

Drives: 2SSRS Yellow w/ Blk BB Stripes
Typically the wait has been 3 months. It may be shorter now as that was back in the summer into fall time frame. I would just go with the 3 months so that if it arrives sooner you will be surprised. Additionally I recommend calling around to different dealers around the state. I have started seeing more and more sitting in the dealer's lots so you may get lucky and find what you want. If they are selling it for over sticker you can easily get them to come down as it is well past the initial rush, but if they don't budge on it then just thank them for their time and move on. Certainly still place your order as a backup, and I would say expect it to come in end of March.
Darqueling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:33 PM   #4
Hoddi
Camaro Girl ~

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Anywhere from 6-12 weeks.
Depends on dealer allocations.
Holidays are coming so that may delay a bit.

From the day I ordered to pick up day, it was
exactly 12 weeks.
Hoddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
kellyjrt

Drives: 2010 CAMARO ABM 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dframptonot View Post
I live in New Jersey, and am wondering how long you all think it may take to get my Camaro? The order will be submitted to Chevrolet from my dealer this upcoming Tuesday-12/15/09.
I am ordering a 1SS/RS Package Imperial Blue Metallic with White Rally stripes, and sunroof.

How long do you guys think it will take? I know this question has been asked several other times, but i cant find anything recent. I guess Im hoping it is quick, seeing as how Im only getting a 1SS, and just a few small upgrades, and i don't think many people are ordering these in the winter. But im just curious. Any specific date you experts think?

All responses will be appreciated! To keep camaro5.com clutter free I will delete this post after a few responses.

THANKS!
Well the fact that you live in Jersey, will shorten the time. we got our in 41 days exactly from day or order till day of delivery and we live in Texas.. we were faster than most. It depends on when the dealers orders get pulled from allocation..big factor in this process. You don't start counting until his order with your car on it is pulled by the factory and accepted status 2000. or there abouts. then you start counting. Figure 3 weeks to a build day maybe more maybe less. Once its built about 2 to 3 days to get out of Dodge. Yours will probably go by truck since your close. If so then once its shipped you should have it within 10 days or better since your in Jersey. This should be a pretty decent time frame unless the factory has a shut down period or there is a constraint on the trim model being produced. Stay away from the RS package and that will help...besides the tires are different sizes from the backs and fronts and it cost a mint to get them replaced. ouch
Old 12-09-2009, 02:46 PM   #6
dframptonot
Banned

Im buying from Sea Coast Chevrolet in Ocean TWP in NJ, Im paying exactly MSRP $34165.00
Old 12-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #7
BOOTZILLA
Banned

Drives: Black 2010 SS/RS
ohhhhh 'bout 8 months or so
BOOTZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #8
dframptonot
Banned

WHat trim did you order?
Old 12-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #9
dframptonot
Banned

okay, so i'll just go ahead and spam mark your smart ass remark
Old 12-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #10
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
All responses will be appreciated!
THANKS!
Quote:
okay, so i'll just go ahead and spam mark your smart ass remark

Quote:
To keep camaro5.com clutter free I will delete this post after a few responses.
All you will be able to do is edit your post. The rest of the thread will remain unless a moderator or administrator deletes the entire thing
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:18 PM   #11
1969to2010
The Man in Black

Drives: 1969 Camaro 2010 Camaro 1SS
ordered mine in April she came home Sept 1st good luck your going to love this car
Old 12-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #12
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
It won't be built until the last week of Jan or first week of Febraury if the order is pulled by GM this week...so it will arrive at the dealer about Valentines day or later
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #13
mjdodd1107
lifelong Camaro coveter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjrt View Post
Well the fact that you live in Jersey, will shorten the time. we got our in 41 days exactly from day or order till day of delivery and we live in Texas.. we were faster than most. It depends on when the dealers orders get pulled from allocation..big factor in this process. You don't start counting until his order with your car on it is pulled by the factory and accepted status 2000. or there abouts. then you start counting. Figure 3 weeks to a build day maybe more maybe less. Once its built about 2 to 3 days to get out of Dodge. Yours will probably go by truck since your close. If so then once its shipped you should have it within 10 days or better since your in Jersey. This should be a pretty decent time frame unless the factory has a shut down period or there is a constraint on the trim model being produced. Stay away from the RS package and that will help...besides the tires are different sizes from the backs and fronts and it cost a mint to get them replaced. ouch
Getting stripes will delay its departure from the factory since it needs to get them done before it leaves Oshawa.

Also, it will not come by truck it goes into Newark on the train, and then goes to your dealer by truck.

My pickup was 2 days shy of 12 weeks. I ordered September 4th, and drove it home on November 18th.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #14
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
I would guess 8 - 12 weeks, but there will be a plant shut down for at least a couple of weeks so add a few weeks to that.

Tags
chevy, corvette, ls3, ls7, vette