Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Talking Bad News............Good News!!!!

Poor Lil' Blue Coupe almost took one for the team today.
I have a young female boxer and a young cat, they are a year old and love each other.
Well......the time has come to take them to the vet and get them spayed and neutered, and yours truly got tasked with taking them in.
I loaded them up and headed out to the vet........the dog decided she would BARF in the back seat on the way over(poor thing, riding in the back of the Camaro doesn't agree with her)
That was the bad news........
Now the good news! just two weeks ago I purchased one of those "as seen on TV" seat covers at a store, it only cost ten bux too, I didn't think much of it at the time but this morning I had this strange feeling that I should put it on the back seat because it was raining and I didn't want muddy paw prints all over my cloth interior. This thing just clipped to the baby seat tie offs and draped over the whole back seat with all of it's canvasy/waterproof awesomeness!
THIS THING DID JUST WHAT IT IS ADVERTISED TO DO!!!!
When I got to the vet all I had to do was pull it out and clean it off. Before I went to pick them up this after noon to take them home I reinstalled it, sure enough! it wasn't even a half a mile down the road and she BARFED again!, when I got home I just pulled it out and hosed it off again.
There is not a speck of barf in my car and not a teensy bit of barf smell, it even still has that new car smell still.
Folks if you have pets such as dogs I highly reccomend that you get something like this cover.....AND USE IT!!!!
I love being able to take my dogs with me and this thing really saves my interior, best dang ten bux I ever spent.

Sorry......no pics, you will just have to believe me on this one lol

Last edited by 007s 'Vert; 02-24-2012 at 04:55 PM. Reason: will just have to believe me on this one lol
007s 'Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Wow, there's a first. I may pick one up if that's the case. Dodged a bullet there for sure!
Old 02-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Pic of said car seat cover?
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlsinva View Post
Pic of said car seat cover?
The only pic I have is one where it is covered in barf, however I did buy it at Bed Bath & Beyond if you are interested in finding one
Old 02-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
belliott
belliott

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
I have the vert it does not have headrest in the back. Do u still think it will work? Great story, I love taking my dogs too.
belliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #6
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by belliott View Post
I have the vert it does not have headrest in the back. Do u still think it will work? Great story, I love taking my dogs too.
My coupe doesn't have headrests, it has baby seat anchor/tieoffs on the rear shelf behind the seat, I dont know if the verts hav those types of tie offs, I am sure they make something for a vert though, I will post a pic of what the cover looks like soon
Old 02-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
gt1321

Drives: 2012 2SS AGM Camaro
I think I have the same one as you. Great "mod" for the car when the dogs have to take a trip in it! Here's the link to it. It's called the pet rider.
https://www.petrider.com/?gclid=CN7P...FRBW7AodX3dtqg
gt1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #8
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1321 View Post
I think I have the same one as you. Great "mod" for the car when the dogs have to take a trip in it! Here's the link to it. It's called the pet rider.
https://www.petrider.com/?gclid=CN7P...FRBW7AodX3dtqg
That is exactly the one I have, well worth the ten bux in my opinion, I dont have headrests but it still straps to the child seat tie downs and functions the same, it's great for catching dog barf lol
Old 02-24-2012, 11:50 PM   #9
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Nice. Good thing you had it or you'd be

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #10
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
Nice. Good thing you had it or you'd be
I was when I first heard her barfing until I turned around and looked and realized she was doing it completely on the seat cover......What a good pup!...( I love my Boxers )
Old 02-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #11
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
I let my dog sleep on my bed, but he'll never see the inside of my camaro.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #12
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elykson View Post
I let my dog sleep on my bed, but he'll never see the inside of my camaro.
To me my pets are family, my Boxers are our lives, just like our Birds, I have five different parrots all the way up to a large macaw, ya I love having my Camaro, but when it comes down to it, it is a car/material thing, and can usually be either repaired/cleaned or replaced, my pets cannot be replaced, AND I am for sure not going to let my car dictate whether or not I take my pets somewhere and/or do anything with them, I knew all this when I bought my Camaro and made the decision to buy it anyways.
Ya I would have been pissed if I didn't have the cover on the backseat when all this went down, but I still would have accepted it and dealed with it, AND would STILL take my pets places.
This thread is about how you can take certain precautions so that you can still enjoy your life with your pets in other places than your house.
I cannot imagine not doing things with my pets, otherwise why have them?
Old 02-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #13
fz6r

Drives: Camaro
I may have to get one of these, my Australian cattle dog always gets covered in dirt when we go hiking, and towels usually don't stay in place. Love her to death, though.
fz6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #14
fz6r

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'BlueCoupe View Post
To me my pets are family, my Boxers are our lives, just like our Birds, I have five different parrots all the way up to a large macaw, ya I love having my Camaro, but when it comes down to it, it is a car/material thing, and can usually be either repaired/cleaned or replaced, my pets cannot be replaced, AND I am for sure not going to let my car dictate whether or not I take my pets somewhere and/or do anything with them, I knew all this when I bought my Camaro and made the decision to buy it anyways.
Ya I would have been pissed if I didn't have the cover on the backseat when all this went down, but I still would have accepted it and dealed with it, AND would STILL take my pets places.
This thread is about how you can take certain precautions so that you can still enjoy your life with your pets in other places than your house.
I cannot imagine not doing things with my pets, otherwise why have them?
Agreed. I detail the heck out of my car with Adam's, but I USE my car! The worst I have to do is vacuum some fur when I get home, and it's good as new! Or close, at least.
fz6r is offline   Reply With Quote