Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #281
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
You and every one else with that attitude(its normal) is letting GM off the hook.

My apologies that you didn't feel my slight sarcasm. I was reiterating what I've been told/heard/read about valve clatter in the LSx engines.

I'm not an engineer, so I can't make any claims that it's a defect. All I know is what I've been told by people much more knowledgeable about it.

Peace

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '07 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #282
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
Characteristic my a$$,why is it that my 08 Vette did not have this problem(characteristic),because if it did no one would spend over 40K for a car that ticks at start up.
You and every one else with that attitude(its normal) is letting GM off the hook.With the technology and an R&D department at GM you would think that maybe just maybe someone would come up with a lifter that does not drain down after sitting.
To build a concept and take years to bring it to market,then build it with a defect in the motor is beyond me.You may call it a characteristic,I will still call it a defect.
hrmhrm...

1: Every engine ticks to some degree on cold startup...I'd almost be willing to bet both my kidneys on it.

2: No one's letting GM "off the hook" because...

3: It's NOT a defect. The engine is designed and tested to exceed the 100,000 mile warranty and make craploads of power using minimal gas while getting there. The L99 is unique in that it's lifters are specifically designed (8 of 'em anyways) to collapse when the AFM feature kicks in. I'm not an engineer...so I can't say for certain...but I think that's part of the reason the L99 might do it more.

4: You can call it what you want, the same way I can call the sky yellow...but it doesn't make either of us right.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:28 AM   #283
camaro noob

Drives: 2009 Honda Civic
Well, engine ticks aside, it seems like this thread is starting to slow down. I have gone through and read every single post on here, and it seems that the number one thing that EVERYONE has requested is...concept car styled tail lights. Yup. Everyone. Let's make everyone's wish a reality GM. Concept styled after burner tail lights, HUD, full dash ABL, and what the hell, let's toss in some Corvette-styled pressure pad door handle thing-a-ma-jig-a-ma-bob doo-hickeys. Oh, and have you seen the cup holders from the 2009 Honda Civics?? How they automatically and securely hold almost every size cup? BRILLIANT!!
camaro noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:30 AM   #284
camaro noob

Drives: 2009 Honda Civic
Oh, and would engine ticks maybe be solved with a push button start? Yes? No? Maybe so? I dunno.
camaro noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #285
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
I know this may require a dash redesign which i'm sure is out of the question, however, I was really disappointed in the omission of a touch screen navigation system that integrates all available functions (onstar, XM, etc).

If you cross shop the usual suspects, they all have this available feature.
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #286
wbdinger

Drives: NSMNJW=2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3
I'd like to see memory seating/mirrors. Power adjustable height for the passenger seat. Fog lights that are more usable on RS models,not jus DRL's.
DYI Oil Catch Can, DYI dash ABL, DyI fender "V"emblems, ACC Plasma DRL, DYI Painted red SS on steering wheel, DYI CGM painted bowties on wheels, DYI Clearcoated Brake Calipers, Eibach pro 1" lowering springs, GM Heratige grill, GM skipshift eliminator, GMPP 92206992 Exhaust, 2-10" Kenwood subs w/350watt pioneer amp, RiderGraphics hood spears/gill outlines, 9x20 wheels-custom silver,weather tech mats, ARH 17/8 headers and cats. Tuned by Davenport Motorsports.
wbdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:33 PM   #287
Mason44

Drives: 2011 2SS
Don't have mine yet but a few things I would like to see is.

1) HUD
2) Memory Seating
3) Make it lighter
4) Move the cup holders on the manuals
Mason44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #288
mackvenom1

Drives: 2010 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport 4M
Send a message via AIM to mackvenom1
Sirius radio (better quality) instead of XM... (That might be a GM thing, not Camaro.)

Reverse the cruise controls and audio controls on the steering wheel. Those who drive manuals or drive with their left hand on the wheel like the controls right there. If I have to raise my right hand to change channels/volume, why wouldn't I take the shorter path and go right to the stereo itself? This is the only car I've driven with this issue.
mackvenom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:17 PM   #289
StrangeMan

Drives: 2SS SIM/Blk
Send a message via Yahoo to StrangeMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackvenom1 View Post
Sirius radio (better quality) instead of XM... (That might be a GM thing, not Camaro.)

Reverse the cruise controls and audio controls on the steering wheel. Those who drive manuals or drive with their left hand on the wheel like the controls right there. If I have to raise my right hand to change channels/volume, why wouldn't I take the shorter path and go right to the stereo itself? This is the only car I've driven with this issue.
i hadn't thought of that before but its a good point.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #290
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackvenom1 View Post
I think Sirius bought XM or vice versa, I don't think you can get either, or - if that's what you meant.

The only thing I was disappointed in is that there's no seat memory. I'm not very tall and when service people move my seat, it takes me forever to get it back to the right place. A full power passenger seat would have been nice, but I understand the sensors made that an impossibility this time around.

I'm COMPLETELY happy with this car.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #291
Hawkman

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS-6M
Love the car but'
1. Do something about the lack of road feel in the steering, it's feels to twichy.
2. Loose the "mail slot", and replace it with a working air intake that looks something like on the 67 vette big block.
3. Move the 3rd break light up into a notch that looks something like the 58 Impalla air vent that is above the rear windiw..
4. Relocate gas fill to driver side.

Last edited by Hawkman; 04-11-2010 at 09:46 PM. Reason: add more stuff
Hawkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #292
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
OK, I thought of a few more things over the past few months;
1. - Since the 6 piston Brembo Brakes and larger disks from the CTS-V Caddy fit the Camaro so well with very little modifications, they should also be included with the LSA engine package for the Z28.

2. - The heritage grill should offered as a painted RPO or included in the Z28 package as a painted grill.

3. - Have the engineers look at putting 275/20 tires on the front and 315/20's on the rear for the Z28 package. Also have them look at using 19" rims with 275's and 315's front and rear for the Z28. The CTS-V used 19" wheels and it would lower the Camaro a half inch.

4. - Different spring rates to lower the car about an inch and still keep it safe without any kind of rubbing. 19" wheels and lowering the car an inch would give you a .02g increase in handling.

5. - Please change the fake 'gill indents' in front of the rear wheels to REAL air intakes for the rear brakes like Jay Leno's camaro, ZR-1 and Z06

I am done for now, thanks again. Steve

Last edited by OldJedi; 04-11-2010 at 05:32 PM.
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:40 PM   #293
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
I LOVE absolutely everything about this car, as some of you might know by now...lol...

I thought of an idea yesterday, and I don't know if others have already mentioned it yet (or thought of it at all)...

I love the heated seats feature on my 2LT/RS....I use them all year 'round since I have a very bad back....

My suggestion/question is this: is there any way to have a dual control for the heat feature on the seats???...

What I mean is, right now, when you activate the heated seats feature, the whole seat gets hot - the back and the bottom...sometimes (especially in the summer), I just want the back of the seat to get hot, not the bottom part where I'm sitting...

For those of us that use the heated seat feature as a 'heating pad' for our sore backs, is there any way to have 2 settings: one to just make the seat back warm, and another to heat the whole seat??...

That's my comment....other than that, everything else is so minor to me in the 'grand scheme of life', since I love this car more than any other car I have ever owned IN MY LIFE!!!...

Thanks for listening, and 'now back to your regularly scheduled Camaro5 viewing'...
Old 04-16-2010, 01:12 AM   #294
Mark H

Drives: 04 Denali
That is the way the seats are on the 04 Denalis. I too have a bad back and just heat the back of the seat.

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote