Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-12-2017, 09:48 PM   #1
Mrpaintballordie

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Talking 1LE getting shipped off to vengeance racing soon

just recently bought my btr stage 3 cam kit, calling vengeance within to week to ask about pick up and transportation to their facility. I live north of 5 hours away from them and my car is my DD. so it would save me the hassle to have them get it. I already have kooks LT and a CAI on the car.

anyone else have experiences with Vengeance? my buddy just had his opulent blue ctsv built by them north of 760whp. I've heard nothing but great things about them and I am beyond excited to get this done.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:16 AM   #2
14Black1LESS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
I don't but my dad took his '15 1LE to them and he is pretty happy with it. He had heads, cam, headers, full 3" exhaust, and supercharger added. Its making around 670rwhp now. I've always heard good things about Vengeance so I'm sure you will be happy with the results.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:05 AM   #3
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
From what I've seen they have positive reviews. A little searching should give you a lot of feedback.

You may want to check with them about supplying the parts. A lot of performance shops will only install parts they sold.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:02 AM   #4
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Not the cam I'd pick for a DD factory road course package car. But, to each his own.

I'd go south 2 stages concentrating on low end and mid range tq. Tq off the corners is king on the road course. And the twisty streets for that matter.

Big thumping cams are great for drag racing light weight cars, you have a heavy road course car.

In the millennial generation of social media likes, that may be the perfect cam though. It'll sound awesome on youtube.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:29 AM   #5
jeff657756

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Not the cam I'd pick for a DD factory road course package car. But, to each his own.

I'd go south 2 stages concentrating on low end and mid range tq. Tq off the corners is king on the road course. And the twisty streets for that matter.

Big thumping cams are great for drag racing light weight cars, you have a heavy road course car.

In the millennial generation of social media likes, that may be the perfect cam though. It'll sound awesome on youtube.
Tell us how you really feel.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:47 AM   #6
ramirezd0305

Drives: 2015 camaro 1le
Quote:

👍👍 this is all true ✔
ramirezd0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:06 PM   #7
Russell James

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff657756 View Post
Tell us how you really feel.
I did. I own a DD/track day 1LE with LTs and CAI. Awesome car.

A drag race cam would ruin it. IMHO

I may do a cnc head/cam package some day. But the cam will be something like a Cam Motion Titan stage 1 on a Callies 8620 core. I'm going to aim the package at tq across the whole RPM band. Less shifting. And leave the RPM limit at stock. Bullet proof it with stuff like ferrea valves and springs, Johnson tie bar lifters. Add cooling to everything that gets hot. Bigger brakes....

Just my approach. Won't sound sexy at all on youtube... but rock solid track day reliability and cross country cruiseability. Try taking a car with a big thumping cam and huge valve spring pressure across country. Plan on a trailer ride home.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:23 PM   #8
jeff657756

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Quote:
I did. I own a DD/track day 1LE with LTs and CAI. Awesome car.

A drag race cam would ruin it. IMHO

I may do a cnc head/cam package some day. But the cam will be something like a Cam Motion Titan stage 1 on a Callies 8620 core. I'm going to aim the package at tq across the whole RPM band. Less shifting. And leave the RPM limit at stock. Bullet proof it with stuff like ferrea valves and springs, Johnson tie bar lifters. Add cooling to everything that gets hot. Bigger brakes....

Just my approach. Won't sound sexy at all on youtube... but rock solid track day reliability and cross country cruiseability. Try taking a car with a big thumping cam and huge valve spring pressure across country. Plan on a trailer ride home.
So you don't have an aftermarket cam in your 1LE, but shit on this guy's thread. Its one thing to disagree, but no need for the extra comments.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:27 PM   #9
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
So you don't have an aftermarket cam in your 1LE, but shit on this guy's thread. Its one thing to disagree, but no need for the extra comments.
Agreed, everyone's an expert.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:05 PM   #10
wrtowman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
You will not be disappointed. 10k miles since they did my build and not 1 hiccup. Just returned from a 1500 mile round trip at a solid 80mph the whole time and nothing but smiles.

but uh, if you havent set anything up, call now as they have lengthy wait list.
2011 SGM Camaro 1SS/RS A6 - Vengeance Racing built/tuned. 590RWHP/560RWTQ, ADM LSA Conversion, 2.5 Grip-Tec, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM, FIC1000, VRPD2 Cam and LS3 Conversion with all the internal goodies, American Racing 1 7/8 Headers, no cats, SW Retro Cat Back, ADM Intake, AFCO HX, Varimax Pump, Rotofab Reservoir, B&M Transmission Cooler, VMAX TB, Elite Engineering CC, BMR LCAs, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, DSS 1000hp axles, ZL1 Bumper and Sideskirts, Night Owl Halos, Matte Black 20" Rohana RC-22 with 20x10-275s/20x11-315s, R1 Concept Premier Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.
wrtowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:13 PM   #11
Russell James

Quote:
I blame it on daylight savings time. Always an a-hole Monday after losing an hour sleep.

I'm sure Vengeance will do a good job with it. Always heard good things about them.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:51 AM   #12
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
Your in good hands at VR

Ron and David will take care of ya

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:36 AM   #13
mdub76

Drives: 2010 2ss/RS IOM GFX M6
I drove 8 hrs to them. I had thier kaotik cam put in mine 3yrs ago. Very professional shop. I just hung out at the shop while they did the install. 0 issues with the cam or the tune. I called them in aug 2013...had to wait till October 7 for actual install. So the wait time is little bit, but it let me know a lot of people like their work. Will be returning for supercharger install.
mdub76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:13 PM   #14
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
Yeah that's the one downside to big shops...damn waiting list lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote