Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 11-16-2012, 01:38 AM   #1
SteveFrench

Drives: Summit White 2018 SS
RX supercharger questions

Hey guys,

i've been away from the forum for awhile, been busy with life before i left i was pay close attention to the RX SC kit at the time not very many people had it and the dyno numbers were mia. could anyone fill be in on whats new? like is the tuning figured out, numbers, all that good stuff it would be much appriciated if you have the kit or any other kit your opinions would be great!

Thanks
SteveFrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:43 AM   #2
Missionboi
SoCal HT5 [COTW: 8/12/13]

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE RS
I got the RX supercharger and its awesome! One thing that needs to be done is tuning the car. Throwing out some codes and having a few problems, but trying to get it situated with Vince. Tracy from RX is helping me out with it. My car base line is 515hp. To the wheel is 402hp and 330torque!
Missionboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:20 AM   #3
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missionboi View Post
My car base line is 515hp. To the wheel is 402hp and 330torque!
Wonder what my base line is then, I am making 414 rwhp and 338 RWtorque with the IPF kit.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I went with IPF kit. Because of the maturity of the kit and their ability to tune an LLT due to the Bosch ECU. The kits use a similar SC but the gold nugget is the tune. Without a good tune your car might be a track queen but will not be drive-able for normal stop and go action. DO your homework !
Jesse and Arno at IPF have been great with after the sale service.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #5
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
I've got the RX kit and one of the first ones too. The kit with the OD pulley still needs work in the tuning department since you run into dueling issues. However the standard kit is pretty sweet. IPF has a good kit too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #6
Matt @ RX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
I've got the RX kit and one of the first ones too. The kit with the OD pulley still needs work in the tuning department since you run into dueling issues. However the standard kit is pretty sweet. IPF has a good kit too.

With the HPFP fueling issues, we have found it is just better to leave it on the standard pulley, 6psi! As you already know
Old 11-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #7
Matt @ RX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFrench View Post
Hey guys,

i've been away from the forum for awhile, been busy with life before i left i was pay close attention to the RX SC kit at the time not very many people had it and the dyno numbers were mia. could anyone fill be in on whats new? like is the tuning figured out, numbers, all that good stuff it would be much appriciated if you have the kit or any other kit your opinions would be great!

Thanks
We have not found too friendly of a dyno to dyno these LLT cars.. Alex's dyno numbers are 305rwhp and Baylor's are 314 @ 6000 (Won't go past that on the dyno), however, both cars run the fastest Supercharged LLT times at 12.91 & 13.03 respectively.

- Matt
Old 11-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #8
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ RX View Post
We have not found too friendly of a dyno to dyno these LLT cars.. Alex's dyno numbers are 305rwhp and Baylor's are 314 @ 6000 (Won't go past that on the dyno), however, both cars run the fastest Supercharged LLT times at 12.91 & 13.03 respectively.

- Matt
I have a question. Why is that you guys might be the only ones that keep stating its not a good idea to dyno the cars. It seems like every other company that is doing FI is able to dyno and show the power pretty well? I could be confused but it's what I'm seeing

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #9
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #10
Matt @ RX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I have a question. Why is that you guys might be the only ones that keep stating its not a good idea to dyno the cars. It seems like every other company that is doing FI is able to dyno and show the power pretty well? I could be confused but it's what I'm seeing
When did I ever say that it is not a good idea to dyno these cars? I just stated what happened during the dyno testing. Baylor's car wanted to break up over 6100 RPM's on the dyno, however, on the street & the track it goes through the entire RPM range at a very conservative air/fuel range. V6owner's car dyno'd at an outside facility around his area in TX, they pulled 305rwhp at the top of the range with false knock.

Dyno numbers mean absolutely nothing in the real world. E/T is what proves it, and we have proved we have the two fastest Supercharged LLT's. Proof's in the E/T, not a dyno number. I tuned KMAGRIZZ's LFX out in Houston two weeks ago on a Dynojet, we saw 341rwhp with 6psi through his automatic converter car (Unlocked).

And yes, Missionboi made over 400whp, so there's your dyno numbers that everyone wants to see
Old 11-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #11
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Ah I see, thanks for the response! Baylor's car was the 13.03 correct? Was that with the slicks and skinnies?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #12
CiscoBee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro Rally Yellow 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ RX View Post
When did I ever say that it is not a good idea to dyno these cars? I just stated what happened during the dyno testing. Baylor's car wanted to break up over 6100 RPM's on the dyno, however, on the street & the track it goes through the entire RPM range at a very conservative air/fuel range. V6owner's car dyno'd at an outside facility around his area in TX, they pulled 305rwhp at the top of the range with false knock.

Dyno numbers mean absolutely nothing in the real world. E/T is what proves it, and we have proved we have the two fastest Supercharged LLT's. Proof's in the E/T, not a dyno number. I tuned KMAGRIZZ's LFX out in Houston two weeks ago on a Dynojet, we saw 341rwhp with 6psi through his automatic converter car (Unlocked).

And yes, Missionboi made over 400whp, so there's your dyno numbers that everyone wants to see
Keeping it "Real World" !!!! 400-500+ on the dyno means nothing if you can't plant that power and get it down the track.
CiscoBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #13
Matt @ RX

Quote:
Ah I see, thanks for the response! Baylor's car was the 13.03 correct? Was that with the slicks and skinnies?

Nope how he drives it daily. Aftermarket heavy rims front and rear with Nitto drag radials out back. I actually tried to use my drag pack on his car, and with the lightweight front rims I was only able to stall it up to 2500RPMs before it rolled out. The heavy front rim allowed us to stall it to 3100 on the footbrake which yielded better times.

Baylor = 13.03 @ 103
v6owner = 12.91 @ 107

- Matt
Old 11-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #14
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Street DRs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiscoBee View Post
Keeping it "Real World" !!!! 400-500+ on the dyno means nothing if you can't plant that power and get it down the track.
I'd like to have a nice dyno graph just like any other guy, so it can stroke my ego and make my man land bigger. However I realistically know that dyno numbers do not hold much credibility. A while ago I was at an event where they showed how dynos can be manipulated. They took a car and made a pull, then changed some inputs on the dyno and it had an 80 hp swing. Once I saw that I no longer bought into any performance claims shown by dynos

Plus I drive my car on the street and not the dyno, so I'm more concerned with how it performs there. I will say though, that the dyno serves as a great safe environment tuning opportunity.

Anyways just my .02

BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote