Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-19-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
HaveBlue

Drives: CTS/CAMARO
For those going to SEMA

If you are attending as other than a vendor you may want to check out the floor plans ahead of time to make sure you see who & what to see.

http://www.semashow.com/main/main.aspx?id=70136

The flash program is kind of a pain, but you can download the pdfs and enlarge them.

We'll see you there!

SEMA PICTURES-PARTS & CARS
http://www.pbase.com/haveblue/sema_2009
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
rambunctious

Drives: F250
I will be there

Haveblue, will you have something on display?

Ramb
rambunctious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue View Post
If you are attending as other than a vendor you may want to check out the floor plans ahead of time to make sure you see who & what to see.

http://www.semashow.com/main/main.aspx?id=70136

The flash program is kind of a pain, but you can download the pdfs and enlarge them.

We'll see you there!
Thank you!! Will you be there?

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:19 PM   #4
HaveBlue

I will be there. But not in any one booth. I have about 16 clients there. SEMA for me is work from Sunday to Friday night. I'll give you some contact info for when you're there.
Bring good walking shoes and an empty duffel bag to take catalogs back in. A good amount of manufacturer's will have their 2010 catalogs or new product brochures there.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #5
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
Can just anyone attend SEMA? I never been to Vegas and need a good excuse to go. Would like to go see the sites and attend SEMA
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
5th Gen SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 IOM and Black/IOM
That is a great idea. I was looking at the layout last night. I will be there with STS Turbo. #20931
5th Gen SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #7
HaveBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercoaster View Post
Can just anyone attend SEMA? I never been to Vegas and need a good excuse to go. Would like to go see the sites and attend SEMA
It is an industry only show. Some of the guys here filled out a SEMA survey and got tickets.
You used to be able to just have a friend in the business add you to their employee list. But the last few years they have been requiring business cards and proof of employment to get creds. It's not impossible, but don't just show up and expect to get in.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:33 PM   #8
hollywoodjose

Drives: 2010 Black 1LT
this guy i work with said you had to be a vendor to attend is this correct?
hollywoodjose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:39 PM   #9
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Tell the guy you work with he is an ............. fill in the blank i have been going for some time and i am not in the industry, but i have friends.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:37 PM   #10
hollywoodjose

Drives: 2010 Black 1LT
oh well i dont know anyone in the industry
so i'm SOL so to speak heh someday maybe i'll meet someoen that can hook it up
hollywoodjose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:22 AM   #11
HaveBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodjose View Post
this guy i work with said you had to be a vendor to attend is this correct?
Not exactly. A vendor is one of the manufacturers or organizations that are displaying at the show. There will be warehouse buyers, owners and salesmen. Auto parts store owners and employees. The media, seems like ther is more of them than buyers. Nearly every segment of the aftermarket is there. Body shops, machine shops, muffler shops, It's a lot of people.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:06 AM   #12
firstmate

Drives: 2010 Blk/Gry SS/RS M6
That seems strange to me... It is all about aftermarket and mods, but they don't let in the end user/customer? I would think they would at least put a price on tickets, even if it is a higher price. That way people could get in if they really wanted to, and who would want to? The people that might actually BUY what the industry is selling at the show!!!! just my .02...
VIN #2386
Delivered 6-11-09 - Woo Hoo!!!

Hey Houston locals--------

Join the H-Town Camaro Club
www.H-TownCamaroClub.com
firstmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:40 PM   #13
daddyuhoh

Drives: '10 SS1/'03 Tahoe/'06 Harley
I'll be there the 3rd and 4th....
daddyuhoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #14
HaveBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstmate View Post
That seems strange to me... It is all about aftermarket and mods, but they don't let in the end user/customer? I would think they would at least put a price on tickets, even if it is a higher price. That way people could get in if they really wanted to, and who would want to? The people that might actually BUY what the industry is selling at the show!!!! just my .02...
Most every industry has a "trade only" show. People are conducting business there. It's crazy enough as it is. Nearly every warehouse distributor in the country and a lot of shops are there. Not to sound crass but when your talking to a customer who does several million dollars of business with you and a "dude" walks up into the middle of your conversation and says "why don't you make XYZ for my 1986 Buick, you could sell tons" (or tens). That's not a maybe scenario. I've had it happen.
Most of what is shown is NEXT years new products and not available yet. Trust me that's frustrating for you. I go to the"SHOT SHOW" as a guest and then I jones for the next 6 months waiting for the stuff I saw and want to buy.
I hope someday they figure out a way to accommodate both the trade and consumer sides. SEMA tried at the Sport Compact shows they did in So Cal and it didn't work out to well. Maybe some day.