Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-08-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
HILTONxHILLS

Drives: nada
Ok first day off since I bought her

Was gonna try and get everything listed here done today ... but I got a super late start and started running out of daylight.. heres the before shot..

So my goal is to have every thing on the outside white or satin black... so I removed the chrome CAMARO from the quarters...and also removed the silver plastic from around the wheels.. I'm planning on painting the rings tomorrow and putting them back on.

I also removed the front bowtie and the paint is drying as we speak ..ok done

So tomorrow I will be painting the silver rings from the rims black and also removing the tail light bezels and the rear bowtie and painting them black as well...then I'll get started on designing my graphics.

Last edited by HILTONxHILLS; 09-08-2010 at 08:46 PM.
HILTONxHILLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:19 PM   #2
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
ls wheels look better all black
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #3
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
looking good
Old 09-08-2010, 11:53 PM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
This is gonna be pretty cool. Looking forward to the new pix.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:02 AM   #5
ac223mal

Drives: car
Looks good, but take it from my past pain, give the paint a week to dry out before you throw things back in the car. I did similar mods (front and rear bowties) and I was repainting because I didnt let em sit long enough and bugs took out the front bow tie.
ac223mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:43 AM   #6
HILTONxHILLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac223mal View Post
Looks good, but take it from my past pain, give the paint a week to dry out before you throw things back in the car. I did similar mods (front and rear bowties) and I was repainting because I didnt let em sit long enough and bugs took out the front bow tie.
Ya I figured I would have to repaint eventually.. but me being impatient and not willing to drive without a complete car, I threw it back on. . I'm going on vacation soon ...I'll repaint it the day before I leave if needed.. that will give it the extra time to dry
Old 09-09-2010, 06:51 AM   #7
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I can't remember his screen name, but if you check out the regional threads for Texas and then San Antonio club, he has the SW Camaro themed like you plan. Maybe for ideas, but yours is lookin' good!
Old 09-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #8
HILTONxHILLS

Ok so after the first removing the first bezel the rest were easy I did manage to put a small scratch on my bumper towards the bottom inside corner of the bezel oh well.. so I painted them satin black... along with the rear bowtie.. here's the pics.. (those arent light spots it's the glare )

Also painted the silver rings from the ls wheels... I like the look I think I will get these sprayed by a professional until I decide to buy some rims..

Overall I'm pretty happy with it!

Now... ordering my cold air intake tomorrow ....that will be next weeks project!
Old 09-09-2010, 03:16 PM   #9
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
I liked the wheels better the way they were but not a fan of the ls wheels anyway, hurry up and buy wheels lol