Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Bigger Than Bumblebee

The Camaro's success is not solely a product of social engagement and media attention. It's a fantastic car designed by the best auto company in the world.

However, people outside of the enthusiast realm don't get excited about every car that comes out. Average Joe might just want something cool. Transformers helped make the already cool Camaro cooler, but one series is not enough to support the Camaro.

Just like in your investments, it is good to diversify in marketing. You can't put all of the Camaro's hopes and dreams in the Transformers movies. GM should be plugging the next generation all over the place. We need Camaros in action movies, racing movies (get a Fast and Furious plug like Mustang has twice now), James Bond movies, and heist movies (rob a bank in a Camaro with Jason Stratham). We need Camaros in more TV shows than Burn Notice.

Why stop at building a Car. The Camaro is a collection of metals and plastics. Build a heritage. Build a culture. Tradition lasts, and shoving the Camaro in every media outlet out there will flood history with GM heritage. On top of that, the exposure Chevrolet will have is priceless.

Where would you like to see the Camaro? Discuss.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Reviving the Trans Am series. It would be a great marketing tool for American manufacturers.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
To build the brand and encourage more buyers is the ultimate goal for GM...or it should be.

Todays marketing plans need to encompass social media as well as traditional media.

Pop culture plays a part too. Music vids would help expose the Camaro to more "cool" buyers.

So far I think the success of the Camaro has been great. They revived it from the dead. The Transformer movies helped big time.

It's a solid car with good maintenance reviews and you can mod this car to your hearts content. It's put the mustang crowd in a tail spin. Although the next mustang with IRS might just push it ahead again...

I'm sure a few more movie or music vid appearances would be nice but I truly think years from now we'll all appreciate just how successful the 5th gen was and is.

I hear what your saying but I'm not sure what more they can do that would be a good ROI for additional marketing.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #4
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
Remember Hawaii 5-0. Also, I have seen a 2014 on a recent episode of Person of Interest.

Agreed on the movie front. Stratham is a good suggestion as you need someone with staying power into the future. Seems like the movie "2 Guns" might turn into a franchise, get Denzel or Wahlberg in a Camaro for the next one.

Chuck Norris drove a Firebird. Bullitt is synonymous with Mustang. We need more than Transformers.

There is more to modding than street racing and the whole Fast Furious thing. Base a TV sitcom old school style like "Taxi" around a garage where the owners drive Camaros mod them and other cars. Just my thoughts.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #5
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Smokey and The Bandit remake.
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #6
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Gas monkey garage with the COPO. need to be on the alpha bet TV stations, more viewers.
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:33 AM   #7
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
when I finish my Game Art Carrer, Ill make a game were the main character will have a camaro Zl1 XP I already have the Idea and the concept but need time and people to do it :/ also Chevy's authorization to use the Camacho's name and image XD.. i should show some of the concept art...