Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #1
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES

Spending the time and energy it has taken to have the expertise and understanding of the new Camaro has been that Pedders now has has been seriously fun, but exhausting at the same time. No one has the understanding of the amount of time it has taken to get to this point. But we did it. Every month, more and more Camaros are being sold at a very successful rate. So lots of nubees are coming into the suspension enhancement world an a daily basis. So to assist everyone, Pedders has labored hard to make a definitive explanation, about 14 pages, with a complete anaylsis of the Camaro suspension, and a detailed explanation as to why we do things the Pedders way. On a very interesting note, we have a link for you that shows why solid sway bars are on average, 15% stronger than hollow bars. This is a must read!

Here is the index:

Pedders 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Suspension Evaluation Pedders 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Suspension Evaluation - Page 2
Evaluation - Page 3 - Radius Bushes
Evaluation - Page 4 - Wheels and Tires
Evaluation- Page 5 - Sub-Frame Bushes
Evaluation - Page 6 - Driving the Camaro
Evaluation - Page 7 - Control Arm Bushes
Evaluation - Page 8 - Ride Height, Coils and Damping
Evaluation - Page 9 - Ride Height, Coils and Damping Continued
Evaluation - Page 10 - Alignment Bolts
Evaluation - Page 11 - Sway bars and Endlinks
Evaluation - Page 12 - Sway bars and Endlinks Continued
Evaluation - Page 13 - Sway Bars Endlinks Continued
Evaluation - Page 14 - Summary

Pedders now has all the p/ns for everything for the Camaro and have completed all the systems. We will have about 25 systems for you to choose from. Now this is a lot of systems to choose from. But once they are all up on our merlin store, I will make a post showing a progressive outline from system to system.

Now some will say this is too confusing to figure out. How I would respond to that question is simple. We have spent more time and energy, and money, on Camaro development, than any other vehicle in the USA. Understanding and becoming an expert on the handling of the Camaro is hard. There is no proper cookie cutter format for all set ups. This is why we have 3 different setups for the front radius rods, 2 setups for the rear differential mount bushings, 2 different options on the rear cradle bushings. Then 3 different options on sway bars. We did not just test one Camaro setup like others. We tested multiple Camaros from totally stock, to Xa Coil overs, to Xa coil overs with Street1 bushings, to our serious Track Systems. We also tested Camaros to find out what influences different sized tires have on the Camaro. We also seriously understand how hard everyone works in this market. We do not want to oversell you and give you parts, that you will not seriously see the benifit of it. So we offer different systems and will spend the time to assist you, finding the system that works perfectly for you driving habits, rear hp, tire size, and of coarse, budget. This is why we spent the energy to do this.

Here are the systems that are complete and will be in our merlin store within the next week or so. Note, some are already there.

2010 CAMARO PACKAGES
CAMARO Coil Drop Kit 1
Camaro Coil Performance Drop Kit 2
CAMARO Street 1
Camaro Serious Street 1 Packge

CAMARO SPORT PACKAGE

Camaro Touring DROP kit 1
Camaro Touring Perf. drop Kit II
CAMARO TOURING EXT. Xa kit

Camaro Street ii drop kit 1
Camaro Street ii Plus drop kit 1
Camaro Street II drop Kit II
Camaro Street ii Plus drop kit II

CAMARO STREET EXTREME XA
Street Extreme XA
StreetII Extreme XA PLUS

SERIOUS Track II Perf. Drop Kit II
Track II Perf. Drop Kit II
SERIOUS Track II Drop Kit 1
Track II Drop Kit 1

CAMARO Extreme XA Track
CAMARO SERIOUS Extreme XA Track

G8 BASIC DRAG STRIP KIT
G8 Drag bushing Kit LEVEL 2
G8 Extreme Drag Package
G8 Extreme XA Drag Package

Our Pedders Camaro systems can be found at:

https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au...AMARO+PACKAGES

If you have any questions, just ask

Thanks

Mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
mr_desmo
Banned

Drives: beated up old mini austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
Spending the time and energy it has taken to have the expertise and understanding of the new Camaro has been that Pedders now has has been seriously fun, but exhausting at the same time. No one has the understanding of the amount of time it has taken to get to this point. But we did it. Every month, more and more Camaros are being sold at a very successful rate. So lots of nubees are coming into the suspension enhancement world an a daily basis. So to assist everyone, Pedders has labored hard to make a definitive explanation, about 14 pages, with a complete anaylsis of the Camaro suspension, and a detailed explanation as to why we do things the Pedders way. On a very interesting note, we have a link for you that shows why solid sway bars are on average, 15% stronger than hollow bars. This is a must read!

Here is the index:

Pedders 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Suspension Evaluation Pedders 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Suspension Evaluation - Page 2
Evaluation - Page 3 - Radius Bushes
Evaluation - Page 4 - Wheels and Tires
Evaluation- Page 5 - Sub-Frame Bushes
Evaluation - Page 6 - Driving the Camaro
Evaluation - Page 7 - Control Arm Bushes
Evaluation - Page 8 - Ride Height, Coils and Damping
Evaluation - Page 9 - Ride Height, Coils and Damping Continued
Evaluation - Page 10 - Alignment Bolts
Evaluation - Page 11 - Sway bars and Endlinks
Evaluation - Page 12 - Sway bars and Endlinks Continued
Evaluation - Page 13 - Sway Bars Endlinks Continued
Evaluation - Page 14 - Summary

Pedders now has all the p/ns for everything for the Camaro and have completed all the systems. We will have about 25 systems for you to choose from. Now this is a lot of systems to choose from. But once they are all up on our merlin store, I will make a post showing a progressive outline from system to system.

Now some will say this is too confusing to figure out. How I would respond to that question is simple. We have spent more time and energy, and money, on Camaro development, than any other vehicle in the USA. Understanding and becoming an expert on the handling of the Camaro is hard. There is no proper cookie cutter format for all set ups. This is why we have 3 different setups for the front radius rods, 2 setups for the rear differential mount bushings, 2 different options on the rear cradle bushings. Then 3 different options on sway bars. We did not just test one Camaro setup like others. We tested multiple Camaros from totally stock, to Xa Coil overs, to Xa coil overs with Street1 bushings, to our serious Track Systems. We also tested Camaros to find out what influences different sized tires have on the Camaro. We also seriously understand how hard everyone works in this market. We do not want to oversell you and give you parts, that you will not seriously see the benifit of it. So we offer different systems and will spend the time to assist you, finding the system that works perfectly for you driving habits, rear hp, tire size, and of coarse, budget. This is why we spent the energy to do this.

Here are the systems that are complete and will be in our merlin store within the next week or so. Note, some are already there.

2010 CAMARO PACKAGES
CAMARO Coil Drop Kit 1
Camaro Coil Performance Drop Kit 2
CAMARO Street 1
Camaro Serious Street 1 Packge

CAMARO SPORT PACKAGE

Camaro Touring DROP kit 1
Camaro Touring Perf. drop Kit II
CAMARO TOURING EXT. Xa kit

Camaro Street ii drop kit 1
Camaro Street ii Plus drop kit 1
Camaro Street II drop Kit II
Camaro Street ii Plus drop kit II

CAMARO STREET EXTREME XA
Street Extreme XA
StreetII Extreme XA PLUS

SERIOUS Track II Perf. Drop Kit II
Track II Perf. Drop Kit II
SERIOUS Track II Drop Kit 1
Track II Drop Kit 1

CAMARO Extreme XA Track
CAMARO SERIOUS Extreme XA Track

G8 BASIC DRAG STRIP KIT
G8 Drag bushing Kit LEVEL 2
G8 Extreme Drag Package
G8 Extreme XA Drag Package

Our Pedders Camaro systems can be found at:

https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au...AMARO+PACKAGES

If you have any questions, just ask

Thanks

Mike
dms
wow i need to print and read that when the wife says its a no-go night! thanks guys!
mr_desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
So to assist everyone, Pedders has labored hard to make a definitive explanation, about 14 pages, with a complete anaylsis of the Camaro suspension, and a detailed explanation as to why we do things the Pedders way.
Outstanding!

I just ordered my car today so I figure I've got three months to learn and decide what to do upgrade-wise.

I do know that with this car I'm going to initially work on the handling/suspension and leave the rest alone for awhile so the timing of this thread is perfect. Thanks.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Here is a link showing how solid bars are stronger than hollow

Check out the section on sway bars. there is a link that can take you to a web site that has a lot of data on sway bars, hollow vs solid from Whiteline.

http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/bul...%20Swaybar.pdf

The issue of solid vs hollow tubes is seriously addressed on this article. Weeding thru all the calculations, you will find the hollow tube is approx 15% less strength that solid, plus there is an issue the irregular bends and the strength vairations of the bars due to this. this issue is not present in solid bars, which is the reason Pedders uses solid bars.

mike
dms
Old 10-03-2009, 01:48 AM   #5
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Very good write-up, thanks.

for folks that have Xa coilovers ordered, is it possible to upgrade them to a package deal?
Old 10-03-2009, 08:09 AM   #6
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Wow great stuff but trying to read small white type on a black background is very hard on the eyes. Do you have that 14 page write-up available as a .pdf document that can be downloaded? You guys are basically next on my list of upgrades and I want to read everything so I can make the best decision as to what to get.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:21 AM   #7
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Wow great stuff but trying to read small white type on a black background is very hard on the eyes. Do you have that 14 page write-up available as a .pdf document that can be downloaded? You guys are basically next on my list of upgrades and I want to read everything so I can make the best decision as to what to get.
Thank you, Doc! Now there is a reply of relevance. I too would like an education (of opinion) on the suspension issue. Then one can make an informed decision is any suspension upgrades are needed for a STREET car. Not a pipe dream race car!
Old 10-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #8
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Very good write-up, thanks.

for folks that have Xa coilovers ordered, is it possible to upgrade them to a package deal?
Absolutely!. I have about 6 guy who want the Extreme Track Packages, but we did not have all the p/ns to do it. We do know.

To do it you should contract your dealer you ordered them from. If you ordered them online, then I can help you. but I would appreciate if you can wait so we can get all the sytsems online, let me audit them, and we know what all the prices will be.

thanks
mike
dms
Old 10-03-2009, 08:04 PM   #9
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
We changed the formate early last year if I remember correctly. You are actually looking at the Aussie site, that is in fact the USA section of it. Pedders one all kinds of awards in AU. for their design. It is seriously popular. As for me, I find it harder to see. If you have a windows machine, you can put it in high contrast, which seriously helps. But colors will take some getting use to.

If you have a particular section you would like to see, you can copy it and paste to to a word file.

mike
dms
Old 10-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #10
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Absolutely!. I have about 6 guy who want the Extreme Track Packages, but we did not have all the p/ns to do it. We do know.

To do it you should contract your dealer you ordered them from. If you ordered them online, then I can help you. but I would appreciate if you can wait so we can get all the sytsems online, let me audit them, and we know what all the prices will be.

thanks
mike
dms
Deb did the order, she said to tell you she deserves a raise... I agree
Old 10-04-2009, 11:58 AM   #11
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
This should be a sticky.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:46 PM   #12
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Deb did the order, she said to tell you she deserves a raise... I agree
You should give Deb a call. I have not checked yet if both Track Xa systems are on line or not. But the difference between them is "Serious" will give you our rear complete cradle bushing set, rather than the inserts.

thanks
mike
dms
Old 10-04-2009, 01:19 PM   #13
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
You guys have been quiet lately.... so whats the word on the special projects?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #14
Mr Twisty

Quote:
You should give Deb a call. I have not checked yet if both Track Xa systems are on line or not. But the difference between them is "Serious" will give you our rear complete cradle bushing set, rather than the inserts.

thanks
mike
dms
Looks like it is updated... Now shows "Camaro Serious XA Track Extrme" and price updates.