Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-03-2009, 09:06 AM   #1
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Exclamation GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA

As reported on homepage.

You can find live photos of each of these cars at:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50355

I know a few of these have been mentioned, and pictures are already available, but here are the details of each of the cars condensed into one thread.

LAS VEGAS Chevrolet unveiled five dramatic Camaro concepts at the annual automotive aftermarket extravaganza known as the SEMA Convention, each representing a different vision of style, personalization and performance.

The Camaro concept vehicles include:

* A race-ready, twin-turbocharged V-6 concept built for talk show host and auto enthusiast Jay Leno
* The Camaro Synergy concept that reveals a new, limited-production exterior color for spring 2010 and is accented with a number of production accessories and custom touches
* The Camaro Chroma, an SS-based concept with a number of future accessories
* The Camaro Dusk, which incorporates current and proposed accessories to create a contemporary tuner aesthetic
* Camaro Graphics, highlighting six proposed accessory graphics packages, with online voting by the public to gauge interest in potential future production of one or more of the packages.

"During the annual SEMA Convention, the popularity of a new car can be easily judged by the number of ‘tuner’ versions used by various companies to showcase their latest products; and the Camaro is our runaway hit this year, with countless examples displaying everything from mild styling accessories to wild performance modifications," said Brent Dewar, vice president, Global Chevrolet Brand. "We’re thrilled by all the creative ideas, but especially proud of the cars we developed in-house. They represent modern interpretations of the Camaro that could easily be created by owners using the accessories offered by Chevrolet."

Many of the Camaro accessories can be ordered through Chevy dealers for installation at the time of the vehicle’s purchase. This allows customers to personalize their cars to their exact wishes, with installation handled by the dealer and the cost rolled into the monthly payments.

In addition to the Camaro contingent, Chevrolet is also showing the Silverado ZR2 concept and an accessorized Corvette Grand Sport at SEMA. Here’s a closer look at each of the concepts:

The Jay Leno Camaro

Name:  sema1.jpg
Views: 29429
Size:  394.6 KB
Name:  sema2.jpg
Views: 26562
Size:  376.5 KB

Powered by a twin-turbocharged version of the 3.6L direct injected V-6 that is standard in Camaro LS and LT models, Leno’s Camaro blends high performance with surprising efficiency in a racing-ready package. A pair of Turbonetics T-3 turbochargers blows through a custom air-to-air intercooler, force-feeding the engine about seven pounds of boost and lifting its horsepower level to about 425. That’s about 40 percent greater than stock and in normal driving (when the turbochargers aren’t making boost), there’s virtually no penalty in fuel economy over the non-turbocharged 3.6L engine.

“Jay’s Camaro offers style, performance and efficiency in a big way,” said Dewar. “It delivers the power of a Camaro SS on demand, but with the fuel economy of a V-6.”

Supporting upgrades for the turbo system include a larger-capacity Be-Kool radiator and a custom exhaust system, as well as a Centerforce-supplied clutch and pressure plate for the six-speed manual transmission. The tubing for the turbo system is powder-coated blue. The powertrain was designed to deliver consistent, controllable power for both the street and race track. In fact, road racing was a primary mission for the car during its development.

Additional vehicle also support its racing intent:

* Brembo six-piston brake package
* Pedders coil-over lowering kit
* New front fascia with custom fog lamps and integral brake cooling vents
* Air extractor-style hood

The exterior styling of Leno’s car is the most radical of all the Camaro concepts at SEMA. The front fascia and hood are one-off creations, as are the unique upper and lower grilles and the ground effects package (including a rear diffuser). The heritage-inspired vent styling in front of the rear wheels has been replaced with functional brake cooling ducts.

Camaro Synergy

Name:  sema3.jpg
Views: 26101
Size:  385.1 KB
Name:  sema4.jpg
Views: 25708
Size:  434.5 KB
Name:  sema5.jpg
Views: 27852
Size:  440.3 KB

The Camaro Synergy concept previews a new Synergy Green production exterior color that will be offered on a special-edition Camaro in the first half of 2010. It also features a host of the latest Camaro accessories offered through Chevy dealers. They dramatically enhance the performance appearance of the car, demonstrating the personalization possibilities open to Camaro owners. Designers took liberties with the accessories, creating a totally unique package. Details include:

* 21-inch wheels, with a black center finish and polished rim
* Ground effects kit
* Cyber Grey Rally hood stripes
* High wing rear spoiler (future accessory)
* Performance air intake

The ground effects include pronounced rocker moldings, a rear diffuser-type styling piece and a front spoiler. They, along with the rear wing spoiler and rally stripes, are finished in the production Cyber Grey color, although the ground effects and spoiler can be painted to match the exterior of the car. The Rally stripes are adhesive-backed and are offered in grey, black or white. They’re part of a broader range of heritage-inspired graphics that also include “hockey stick” stripes for the front fenders.

Chevy designers further enhanced the concept with a Pedders coil-over lowering kit and a set of large, Brembo brakes, as well as color-coordinating the Jet Black interior with Synergy Green accent stitching, piping and other accents. The lowering kit, brakes and interior accents are not among the accessories offered for the Camaro, but represent common and popular aftermarket upgrades. Chevrolet will gauge public interest in the features for possible inclusion in future accessory offerings.

Camaro Chroma

Name:  sema6.jpg
Views: 28569
Size:  308.5 KB
Name:  sema7.jpg
Views: 26815
Size:  286.7 KB

It looks like the custom creation of a tuner shop, but the Camaro Chroma simply demonstrates how carefully selected accessories available through Chevy dealers can create a look like nothing else. The Camaro Chroma is based on an SS/RS model in Summit White and uses a combination of current and not-yet-released components, including:

* A new silver stripe package
* 21-inch wheels (future product, with silver-painted spoke centers and a Victory Red stripe)
* “Blade” rear spoiler (future product)
* Summit White ground effects package
* Rear fender vent graphics
* Accessory front grille with body-color outer frame (future accessory)

“With its silver graphics on the Summit White paint, this car has a tailored, tone-on-tone appearance that is simultaneously racy and subdued,” said Todd Parker, design manager, GM Accessory Studio. “It is a sophisticated-looking car that is easily duplicated by any customer, because all of the parts are available to build it.”

From a performance standpoint, the Camaro Chroma’s standard LS3 V-8 engine is equipped with current accessories, including a performance intake, shorty headers and performance exhaust system. There’s also a Victory Red engine cover and a Hurst short-throw shifter for the six-speed manual transmission, as well as red-painted Brembo brake calipers.

Inside, the black-and-grey leather seats feature red accent stitching, as do the shifter boot, floor mats and door trim. Accessory inserts for the dashboard and door panels (in silver) are also included as available accessories.

“What’s great about the Camaro Chroma is it speaks to the almost unlimited possibilities that the accessories offer,” said Parker. “You can build your Camaro mild or wild, but build it your way.”

Camaro Dusk

Name:  sema9.jpg
Views: 139599
Size:  347.1 KB
Name:  sema10.jpg
Views: 35882
Size:  382.5 KB

Inspired by the style of young, urban professionals, the Camaro Dusk concept rolls with a contemporary tuner aesthetic. It is understatedly aggressive looking, with a lowered ride height, new 21-inch wheels, the rear spoiler from an SS model and a custom ground effects package.

“This is a car with an international flair, bringing the Camaro to a place it hasn’t traditionally been,” said Parker. “It is a very tailored look that is stylish and sophisticated, but with a distinct American accent.”

The ground effects package includes a racing-inspired front splitter, rocker extensions and a rear diffuser. They are prototype parts that may enter production as dealer-available accessories at a later date; the same goes for the 21-inch wheels from BBS. Many of the details, such as the taillamp and fog lamp bezels, match the finish of the wheels, lending a more premium look to the car.

The Camaro Dusk’s body is painted Berlin Blue, while the ground effects are painted a contrasting color. Additional performance items include the exhaust system and Brembo brakes from a Camaro SS (with painted calipers). The interior is trimmed in stylish Jet Black and Sedona, with complementing features including footwell lighting, premium door sill plates and other details.

Today’s young professionals expect advanced technology and premium audio options and this concept delivers with a crisp, well-tuned Boston Acoustics sound system, WiFi connectivity and a convenient cradle for an iPhone.

Camaro Graphics

Camaro designers dreamed up half a dozen proposals for accessory graphics packages, with the intent of soliciting feedback from Camaro enthusiasts for possible production. Chevrolet then launched the graphics campaign in mid-October, asking Camaro fans on Facebook to pick their favorite design.

The top four designs were produced and brought to the SEMA Convention, where a Silver Ice Metallic Camaro will wear each contender on a different day. At the conclusion of the convention, after thousands of enthusiasts see the graphics on the car in person and on Facebook, another round of voting will occur. The top vote-getter will be considered for future production.

“Camaro has thousands of fans on the various social media sites and this is a great way to demonstrate that Chevrolet is connected to our customers,” said Dewar. “With so many great designs to choose from, we’re sure the voting will be close, but whatever the outcome, the real winners will be the customers who personalize their Camaro with the winning graphics package.”

The Camaro Graphics display vehicle will be located prominently in the GM display during the SEMA Convention, starting on Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2009. At the close of the convention each day, the graphics package will be changed.

All of the proposed graphics packages can be viewed and voted on by logging onto Camaro’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/chevycamaro.

The previous information was taken from http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/...chevrolet.html.

Last edited by irocnroll; 11-03-2009 at 09:24 AM.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
irocnroll

I have now added pictures to the detail.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:31 AM   #3
Dboy23
2G1FB1EV7A9100028

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Hemi
Great thread, thanks for sharing.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #4
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
I want Camaro Dusk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
Brangeta

Drives: '95 Z28 and '02 SS 35thLE
All I can say is that the Jay Leno concept better end up as the way the Z28 is going to look, because everybody really likes it.

I'm so sick of huge hood scoops and other stuff, that I've hated the renderings floating around of Z28s that look like Dodge Charger SRT8s.

This is truly the classy and awesome way to go!

I mean... my god... it's gorgeous. Just look at the rear end even! It has mail slot exhaust tips and a MUCH better spoiler than what is currently on the 2010s. I really like this, and I really want one. And that's saying a lot! I've been disappointed with the design of the 5th gen til this concept got revealed!

No ridiculous huge scoops or ZR1 glass hoods on this one! It finally looks like a progression from the 4th gens ('93-'97 specifically) instead of a complete turn around to the past!

Member of the Camaro5 - DFW Group
Brangeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #6
irocnroll

The Dusk looks awesome. If they offered it in a V6 I would probably purchase it.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:54 AM   #7
OUTATIME

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I'm a fan of Dusk too.
OUTATIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #8
Ferrarimk13

Drives: Hopefully a Camaro in a year
i would love the dusk in black, would be a perfect executive car/ sport car. The wheels on it and the leno concept are just perfect, i hope gm offers the bbs wheels. The green, is disgusting from the color to the options on it. ew.
Ferrarimk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #9
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Looking Good
Old 11-03-2009, 10:07 AM   #10
shad2009
"Cassie"

Drives: 2007 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to shad2009 Send a message via Yahoo to shad2009
i want jay leno's camaro!!!!!!!

Future Wheels - 2014 Ford Mustang GT & 2014 Chevy Camaro
shad2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #11
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
they failed to mention the new spoiler that is on the Leno car. I think that it looks awesome and I hope they keep the design for the new for the Z28.
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:13 AM   #12
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
So the Dusk Blue.....does anyone know if that is going to be a future color? I would love to see the rear of the ground effects kit on that car as well. The interior color looks different as well. I wonder if a new interior color might be coming down the pipe.

Man....this is just making me want to push off my order a little longer. I plan on taking possession of the car in March/April time frame unless I push off placing the order.

Any more info you hear about these new options would be great.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #13
Sstac

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Are these gonna be in production? Will the prices be higher than the 2SS?
2000, Accepted By GM
09-1-09
3000, Order accepted by production control 09-1-09 TPW 09-21-09
3300, Order scheduled for production 09/11/09
3400, Order broadcast 09-12-09
3800, Order produced 09-22-09
4000, Available to ship 09-23-09
4200, Shipped 09-24-09
5000, Delivered to the dealer 10/12/09
* Picked up 10/12/09
Sstac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #14