Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 10-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
V6 TT Kit Interest

I have put some numbers together utilizing much of the same materials we use on our SS Turbo Kit ( http://www.ipsmotorsports.net/produc...oducts_id=4309 ) minus a change in turbos. We could use the same turbos but the cost would be much more than most are willing to spend I would assume.

Based off running some quick numbers I don't see why a solid quality twin kit couldn't be put together in the $5-6k range depending on options. The turbo choice will dictate power but I would think 400 - 450rwhp would be on the conservative side of things. Most stock LS3 SS cars put down 365-370rwhp on our DynoJet for comparison.

If there are any local owners that would be interested in talking to me further about a kit and more specifics please shoot me a PM on here or an email to:

sales@ipsmotorsports.net

Thanks,
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
LittleMT
user bann'd

Drives: Chevy SS
What would be used to tune the TT V6 with?

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post
What would be used to tune the TT V6 with?
There are a currently a couple options available but we would prefer to get something worked out with HP Tuners or SCT if possible. If we feel there is enough interest in a kit to invest the time in R&D we will have a solid tuning option that will be available with the kit
Jeff
Old 10-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
Markushi

Drives: a beater :(
Sorry to hijack this thread for a second, but when is the group buy going to start for the IPS TT SS Kit?
Markushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
Demon Hunter

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LT
Man I wish I was local to Ohio... I'd be all over this. Yes please!
Old 10-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #6
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markushi View Post
Sorry to hijack this thread for a second, but when is the group buy going to start for the IPS TT SS Kit?
We got a little side-tracked with the LSx-Shootout last weekend but we have been running the numbers all week and just about have a solid Group-buy price ready. Just working on putting the post together and working on instructions now
Jeff
Old 10-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #7
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Please don't let this be yet another road to nowhere...we can't take that.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #8
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
There are a currently a couple options available but we would prefer to get something worked out with HP Tuners or SCT if possible. If we feel there is enough interest in a kit to invest the time in R&D we will have a solid tuning option that will be available with the kit
Jeff
The only company that you will find to tune the V6 would be Trifecta (as of right now), same company doing the STS kit.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:14 PM   #9
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildoc View Post
The only company that you will find to tune the V6 would be Trifecta (as of right now), same company doing the STS kit.
Correct. If no other options present themselves that is what we will use right now unless there are limitations that require something different/better.
Jeff
Old 10-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #10
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
The interest is there. Feel free to check out some of the threads in the V6 Forced Induction discussion. There is a lot of discussion about companies who have promised similar products and not delivered. :( We want turbo kits.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #11
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Yeah... companies I see just bait us lol. Getting our hopes up and nothing happens. All businesses run on a gamble... you either put your product in motion and get customers, or nothing. lol. Believe me, all V6 owners HERE wouldn't mind an option or two. I've been waiting for more FI options before I decide to go STS or not.

So yes, +1 for me.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #12
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
I think I have had way to much pop-corn waiting for turbo or sc so +1 for me again I guess
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #13
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Please don't let this be yet another road to nowhere...we can't take that.
If it makes sense financially and there is a market it for we can produce a kit for sure. Just need to run some numbers and see where it ends up. Thus far, it looks do-able in a $5-6k budget in a twin kit. It may end up being less but this is just taking the same components as the V8 Kit and swapping out the turbos for smaller / cheaper units. I would never put my "IPS" name on anything Ebay or Chinese-made so rest assured the turbos will be rock-solid
Jeff

PS -- I haven't done any research on the factory fuel pump or injector sizing yet on the V6 cars -- anybody want to save me some time?
Old 10-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #14
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
If it makes sense financially and there is a market it for we can produce a kit for sure. Just need to run some numbers and see where it ends up. Thus far, it looks do-able in a $5-6k budget in a twin kit. It may end up being less but this is just taking the same components as the V8 Kit and swapping out the turbos for smaller / cheaper units. I would never put my "IPS" name on anything Ebay or Chinese-made so rest assured the turbos will be rock-solid
Jeff

PS -- I haven't done any research on the factory fuel pump or injector sizing yet on the V6 cars -- anybody want to save me some time?
V6 is Direct Inject... electric pump in the tank feeds the mechanical high-pressure pump (1700ish PSI at WOT). Not sure of the limits as far as pump and injectors... no obvious upgrades to the injectors, but haven' really looked either... I believe this will be one of the bigger hurdles...

A couple STS kits have been installed and are running 5 PSI... Z_Madness here is working on more boost... seems 5 PSI is good for the 360ish RWHP. Not shabby at all.... but I'm not sure the fuel system will really support more than that... I know some guys here have done the math but personally i'm not so sure...

As for your kit pricing... certainly seems very reasonable!!!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote