Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #155
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Well a 5th gen Z/28 is pretty rare haha.
I bet he tells people it's a Z/28?

Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:27 PM   #156
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
I doubt this is the only 5th gen Camaro badged with Z28. I don't mind guys mixing and matching other parts from other models but the fake badging drives me crazy.

My car is a 2SS/RS and I'm proud to strut it as such. Now the bowties are another story, let's just say I hate them on these cars..
True I hope the new Z/28 doesn't have them.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:29 AM   #157
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LENN2010Z28 View Post
I THINK GM SHOULD HAVE BUILT A Z28 ON PRICE POINT THE ZL1 IS A GREAT CAR BUT THE PRICE IS OUT OF THIS WORLD FOR THE AVERAGE GUY IN SCRANTON PA I WORKED FOR GM AN I REMEBER THE SS/R AND THE PRICE WE WENT TO A RIDE AND DRIVE AND TOLD THE GM REP HOW THAT CAR/TRUCK WOULD BE A FLOP BECAUSE OF PRICE AND USE ABILITY ???
Nothing on this car represents a Z, I don't get how you just slap badges on and parade it as a Z. I think it's an insult. C'mon Len, what were you thinking? I can appreciate your enthusiasm, but you're doing it all wrong. And in your next post, check to make sure your caps lock is off....if you can find it.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:05 AM   #158
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
LENN, a Z/28 is so not about the badges it wears . . . I suspect you're about to find out how the guys on the Ford side of the street end up feeling when they post up about putting fake Shelby and fake Cobra badging on their non-Shelby Mustangs.

This forum is one of the polite ones.

Hint: compliments from people who don't know the difference between the real thing and a wanna-be aren't worth chasing.

Edit - this is one of those times where it would have been useful for forum public profiles to display a little more information.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 09-04-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #159
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Let's get back to center guys. We get the whole clone, tribute idea. What's fine for one may not be for all, and that's all part of custom car creativity. Our premise is that GM does not haphazardly place badges onto cars anymore that has no real meaning, as in decades behind us. fbodfather assured us this will not be the case with Z/28 again. When it returns, the real McCoy will be amongst us no doubdt. Until then, it's cool if someone want's to create their own. Let individuals be themselves.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #160
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Let's get back to center guys. We get the whole clone, tribute idea. What's fine for one may not be for all, and that's all part of custom car creativity. Our premise is that GM does not haphazardly place badges onto cars anymore that has no real meaning, as in decades behind us. fbodfather assured us this will not be the case with Z/28 again. When it returns, the real McCoy will be amongst us no doubdt. Until then, it's cool if someone want's to create their own. Let individuals be themselves.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #161
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Re: badging...

Personally (and I've stated it here many times - "Black-on-Black, hold the stripes"), I'm a "sleeper" fan...we don't need no stinkin' badges, or stripes, or differentiators. Just gimme the meat 'n potatoes and hold the gravy...

But in the Real World, those Model doo-dads are mandatory. Just make 'em easily removable, or deletable...

But that's just me. If you wanna add/delete stuff to mod/personalize yours, be my guest.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #162
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Re: badging...

Personally (and I've stated it here many times - "Black-on-Black, hold the stripes"), I'm a "sleeper" fan...we don't need no stinkin' badges, or stripes, or differentiators. Just gimme the meat 'n potatoes and hold the gravy...

But in the Real World, those Model doo-dads are mandatory. Just make 'em easily removable, or deletable...

But that's just me. If you wanna add/delete stuff to mod/personalize yours, be my guest.
I'd prefer just the Z/28 badges, black paint, black wheels and red ralley stripes to match my Chevelle.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote