Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
Laserjen

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Sansa e260 issues

I'm hoping someone has played around with connecting a Sansa e260 via the USB port, because I'm having a few issues. It will index my songs and recognize the Sansa as a Plays For Sure device, but...

1) My playlists don't show up. I suspect it's because of the format of the playlists (.pla), so I tried saving my playlists as .m3u files (which the Sansa does not recognize)...I'll try this is my car tomorrow and report back if this works.

2) Strangely, only the first 2 minutes and 30 seconds of each song plays, then it skips to the next song (I've tried this with and without the shuffle on). The songs play normally when the Sansa is not connected to my car. I only have about 800 songs on the device now, and I'm not sure where to begin troubleshooting this one.

Has anyone experienced these issues and found solutions?
Old 08-06-2009, 06:30 AM   #2
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
I am not quite as familiar with the PlaysForSure operation as I am with USB and iPod playback. One of the problems with Microsoft's PlaysForSure is that the spec was left pretty wide open for a lot of variability in the implementation. That's why some devices support playing protected content and some do not. Even with these problems, I haven't seen too many people having issues with these devices. Hopefully someone else out there has your device and has tried it out. As far as playlists go, I don't know for sure if that is supported from the PFS devices. Anyone else got a playlist to work on a PlaysForSure device?

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:27 AM   #3
jxmot

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS
I really wish I had my car now. I've got both an e260 and e280. The e280 has different / better firmware in it and it might behave differently. One of the differences I'm aware of that might affect playback in the camaro is how the sansas handle the "usb mode" they use. Both can be switched between "MTP" and "MSC" but the e280 also has an "auto" setting for USB.

I don't recall which setting is used for WMP syncing, but the other mode makes the sansa look like "removable media". It might be worthwhile for you try the other mode.

good luck!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #4
Laserjen

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Well, saving my playlists in a different format did not work. My guess is that playlists are not supported on PFS devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
That's why some devices support playing protected content and some do not.
I don't actually have any protected content on the player, only mp3s ripped from CDs. The system does recognize the device as an e260.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxmot View Post
I really wish I had my car now. I've got both an e260 and e280. The e280 has different / better firmware in it and it might behave differently. One of the differences I'm aware of that might affect playback in the camaro is how the sansas handle the "usb mode" they use. Both can be switched between "MTP" and "MSC" but the e280 also has an "auto" setting for USB.

I don't recall which setting is used for WMP syncing, but the other mode makes the sansa look like "removable media". It might be worthwhile for you try the other mode.

good luck!
Thanks for the suggestion. When I switch the mode from MTP to MSC the player is not recognized at all...the display just sits on "Aux Input" as if there was nothing plugged in.

I updated the firmware on the e260 to the latest version, but even though I listened to music on it all day at work (with headphones) with no issues, on the drive home with it plugged into the USB port it again kept ending songs early (somewhere between 2 min 30 sec and 3 min).

I guess I'll just have to put my music on a flashdrive!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
GhostRider322

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS
I am having the same issue with my Sansa e280. Sometimes it will show song title info but nothing plays. I download music from Rhapsody web site as I pay for the subscription service. Music plays fine through 3.5mm jack and I can play any song with a usb flash drive with music transferred from cd's.
GhostRider322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #6
LLevarge

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Cyber Grey
Same here re: Rhapsody to Go on a Sansa Fuze. The songs are indexed via the USB but won't play. Only the actual burned via cd songs will play. If I set up a shuffle it scans through songs until it comes to one that is a direct burn and keeps passing over the subscription songs.

Of course they play fine connected through the 3.5 mm jack but then I have to fumble with the deivce to change /search for songs.

2010 Camarofest - Valdosta, GA

"You have an enormous carbon footprint"

"It guzzles too much but who cares"

"Dude, what's up with all the Camaros?"
LLevarge is offline   Reply With Quote