Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 03-08-2010, 08:09 AM   #15
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
He's no different than Dale Earnhardt was except Dale was one after he put someone in the wall.
You are right, but I think Nascar was afraid of Dale Sr.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:13 AM   #16
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
You are right, but I think Nascar was afraid of Dale Sr.
He wasn't called the intimidator for nothing.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:18 AM   #17
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
He wasn't called the intimidator for nothing.
You got that right! I doubt there has ever been a driver that when you seem him in your rearview mirror, would cause you to mess your pants more than him.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:40 AM   #18
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
IS it just me, or am I the only one thinking the rear wing on these cars causes them to flip? I mean - going forward they are angled down to push the car down to the road....but the wing when going backwards is now angled UP, creating lift like an airplane....rendering the flaps ineffective. Seems every car I've seen go backwards lifts up and flips.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:43 AM   #19
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
IS it just me, or am I the only one thinking the rear wing on these cars causes them to flip? I mean - going forward they are angled down to push the car down to the road....but the wing when going backwards is now angled UP, creating lift like an airplane....rendering the flaps ineffective. Seems every car I've seen go backwards lifts up and flips.
No you're not. I was so disappointed when they went with that ricer wing. I agree that it is dangerous and Brad's car yesterday probably would have stayed down. I'm so glad they are going back to the spoiler in a few races.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:53 AM   #20
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Wow, I am surprised by all of the comments on the subject. I guess I'll take the other side. I was glad to see Edwards do it. Brad didn't deserve to get put on his lid but he needed to have a message sent since NASCAR apparently hasn't done it. There are many of the veteran competitors that quietly applauded Edwards yesterday. I am not an Edwards fan at all but I believe they should let the drivers police themselves. That is what NASCAR wanted this year "old school" "take the gloves off" racing. Well, that is what you saw yesterday. I, for one, liked it. In the new age of all this NASCAR non-sense (green, white, checker, The Chase, billion dollar car templates, etc) I like a little old school. The only thing that would have been better is if he wouldn't have wrecked him on the track but would have jacked him in the mouth after the race. That would have been better.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:08 AM   #21
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
Wow, I am surprised by all of the comments on the subject. I guess I'll take the other side. I was glad to see Edwards do it. Brad didn't deserve to get put on his lid but he needed to have a message sent since NASCAR apparently hasn't done it. There are many of the veteran competitors that quietly applauded Edwards yesterday. I am not an Edwards fan at all but I believe they should let the drivers police themselves. That is what NASCAR wanted this year "old school" "take the gloves off" racing. Well, that is what you saw yesterday. I, for one, liked it. In the new age of all this NASCAR non-sense (green, white, checker, The Chase, billion dollar car templates, etc) I like a little old school. The only thing that would have been better is if he wouldn't have wrecked him on the track but would have jacked him in the mouth after the race. That would have been better.
I don't think anyone is arguing whether these kinds of bumps should happen.
There are times to put a fender on someone, but that was not the time.
There is a place and time. That's where he screwed up.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:17 AM   #22
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
I don't think anyone is arguing whether these kinds of bumps should happen.
There are times to put a fender on someone, but that was not the time.
There is a place and time. That's where he screwed up.
I would agree but I do not think the last lap at last spring's Dega race was the proper place either. Not sure if you all saw that... These guys need to police themselves. Brad is not very popular with the veterans and Carl sent him a message that hopefully works.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:24 AM   #23
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
I'm so torn on this...I love the aggressive driving but #12 was in the top 5 and Carl was 100+ laps down, if they are both fighting for the same position, then I say bump him out of the way. There was no doubt it was intentional, and I know Carl never meant for him to flip (so glad the spoliers are coming back).
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #24
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
The lap difference made all the difference for me.

One guy was running in top 10, one was in dead last (or close to it) 100 laps + down.

I think B. Keslowski is a Douche Bag-- but that was still wrong. If something more happened earlier in the race, I would say it was warranted. But I watched the replay several times from the earlier incident in the race, it was really no big deal. Definitely didn't deserve to wreck a top 10 car 100% on purpose.
________
Ford Flex Picture

Last edited by jrc1122; 03-11-2011 at 10:58 PM.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:13 AM   #25
firengnred

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 2500 Silverado
Quote:
Definitely didn't deserve to wreck a top 10 car 100% on purpose.
That is what made the "message" that much more valuable. Spinning a guy out don't mean dick unless it's gonna cost him something. Flipping him wasn't the intention or the result of spinning him. It was that damn wing that lofted him. If we're both runninig out of contention and you deserve a nudge I might give it to you. BUT, if your in contention and I'm not....oh hell yes brother, It's coming!

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."
firengnred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #26
mamaro

Drives: '10 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post

Totally agree, and I've heard this several times in commentaries.

Wing comes off at Martinsville!

Edwards

I've heard his teammate Biffle confirm on television what I've always suspected of him. Bad, bad, bad.

That's not to say I don't enjoy aggressive driving. This guy is just a jerk. He's tried hiding it for several years, but it's coming out again.
mamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #27
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaro View Post
Totally agree, and I've heard this several times in commentaries.

Wing comes off at Martinsville!

Edwards

I've heard his teammate Biffle confirm on television what I've always suspected of him. Bad, bad, bad.

That's not to say I don't enjoy aggressive driving. This guy is just a jerk. He's tried hiding it for several years, but it's coming out again.
+1
Old 03-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #28
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
The script calls for a new bad guy to try get ratings up since Earnhardt died. Give him a break. He's only doing what nascar wants him to do.
We will find out if you are right when Nascar hands out his discipline.