Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #15
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
On a sidenote, when meeting up with you guys and reading your builds on here, I have to say I was beyond impressed when I saw everyone coming up with 600rwhp. Then a few of you guys went to 700rwhp and my mind couldnt even process having that much hp, now Chris is close to the 1000 rwhp mark and my mind is about to explode at the thought of what that even is. Like insane....INSANE!!!
Cant wait to feel the earth shake when I see this beast in person.

And for those who do not know, SPI has been building some SERIOUS beasts up here in the North! Cant wait to see what you guys have in store for us!

Would love to be the first BADASS V6 SPI puts out....I just have to save a little more to get there
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:57 AM   #16
navyblueSS

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Nice numbers, especially out of a D1.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #17
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
That is crazy. You would think the D1 would be out of air flow. Thats well over 1000 crank hp. awesome #'s to say the least.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #18
bmbbl be

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
that video is music to my ears....great sounding car
bmbbl be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #19
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Those are insane numbers! WOW!!!
Congrats to SPI and Livernois as well as Chris, this is going to tear up the roads!
Thank you very much. It's quite the project. The engine is awesome and SPI rocks. This team really knows their shiz'nizzy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
On a sidenote, when meeting up with you guys and reading your builds on here, I have to say I was beyond impressed when I saw everyone coming up with 600rwhp. Then a few of you guys went to 700rwhp and my mind couldnt even process having that much hp, now Chris is close to the 1000 rwhp mark and my mind is about to explode at the thought of what that even is. Like insane....INSANE!!!
Cant wait to feel the earth shake when I see this beast in person.

And for those who do not know, SPI has been building some SERIOUS beasts up here in the North! Cant wait to see what you guys have in store for us!

Would love to be the first BADASS V6 SPI puts out....I just have to save a little more to get there
I'm sure Drew could whip up a serious V6 package that will blow everybody away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyblueSS View Post
Nice numbers, especially out of a D1.
You say that as if the D-1SC is a paperweight it's one level below an F series. We still had 2 pulleys to go, but would have to get 110# injectors because we ran out of fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
That is crazy. You would think the D1 would be out of air flow. Thats well over 1000 crank hp. awesome #'s to say the least.
Thanks. Most builds have Maggies so not many except for a select few are fully aware of what a centri unit is capable of except for the bias they read on these forums. Realistically, you can't even compare the specs between a ProCharger and a Magnuson.

http://www.procharger.com/models.shtml

I can compare the CFM / Boost for all the ProChargers, but can't find the info. for a Maggie to save my life.

Don't believe the hype these ProChargers can keep up and exceed (depending on the model) any supercharger out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbbl be View Post
that video is music to my ears....great sounding car
Thanks. I can't wait to drive it (in the summer).
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #20
dermo1989
BAQNBLK

Drives: 2010 SS/RS BLACK W/INFERNO PKG
Wow. Prop's to both shops for that beast!! Livernois is truly one of the best around and were proud to be associated w/them. I know our members love taking their cars there. Great job guys.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #21
Chris@Livernois

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Congrats to Calbert1999 and SPI! The car sounds awesome and made great power!

It's always nice to see results from a customer or shop that uses our products!

Thank you,

Rick
Chris@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #22
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick@Livernois View Post
Congrats to Calbert1999 and SPI! The car sounds awesome and made great power!

It's always nice to see results from a customer or shop that uses our products!

Thank you,

Rick
Rick; you guys are an awesome team. This engine is rediculous man. We're loving it. Please, extend my many thanks to your team at Livernoise.

I kept it a secret; But now the word is out Livernois built my engine and it's amazing, and with awesome build and tuning by the master guru Andrew @ SPI this SS is one serious machine. You guys rock.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #23
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifted Perceptions View Post
That being said, I would prefer if this setup did have an F1R, that way we could wastegate it like some of our other big centifugal setups and make BIG torque a little lower in the RPMs. We did try a wastegate on this combo but the D1 just didn't have the CFM to support it above 5500rpm. But I guess there is nothing to complain about when you're over 800ft/lbs from 4500rpm and beyond
That's great to here. I'm be doing a wastegate on my stock bottom-end build with a D1. I can't wait to see how my lower rpm torque number looks, because for me, that's where you win races , but I'll still have plenty up top too.

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #24
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
That's great to here. I'm be doing a wastegate on my stock bottom-end build with a D1. I can't wait to see how my lower rpm torque number looks, because for me, that's where you win races , but I'll still have plenty up top too.

Padre
This may work better for you on a 376ci. engine, be carefull though the D-1SC is a bad futha'mucka'.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #25
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Congrats on the numbers and a great setup. It just made my decision between a D1 and a ECS 1500 that much harder.

D1SC Procharger 932/758 on E85
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #26
Andrew@SPItuning

Drives: 2010 SS
Video

Here's a quick video of the car on the dyno. Been having some problems with youtube today, hope the video shows O.K.

Andrew@SPItuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #27
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Damn Chris those number are ridiculous, have you been able to drive it around with the weather? How streetable is the driving in it?
Old 01-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #28
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

I'm sker'd; Signing up for road course driving lessons now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx03 View Post
Congrats on the numbers and a great setup. It just made my decision between a D1 and a ECS 1500 that much harder.
The D1 will make that Trans AM fly like a rocket ship man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Damn Chris those number are ridiculous, have you been able to drive it around with the weather? How streetable is the driving in it?
Well, I don't drive it in the winter, but usually I drive it until mid-November when roads are not freezing but somewhat colder than summer time that's for sure. It was at 680rwhp. previously and very well mannered on the street. I expect at these levels you basically relearn how to drive, and most likely will want to keep traction control on most of the time. SPI really do a good job to ensure the vehicle has good manners when driving (doesn't cut out at a red light, or revs too high). We're going to de-tune to less than 800rwhp. until I get the axles, tranny and new rubber in place. Still lots to do.

Last edited by calbert1999; 01-10-2012 at 02:43 PM.